Archived H&H is only good for decorating a landfill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I right? I spent 2 hours pushing several flats of H&H shit today, and discovered a paradox...how exactly does one detrash the product if the product IS the trash?

- the products are built very poorly for their price point, which is way too high for anything that comes out of Indian sweatshops. The galvanized metal bin-things are *flimsy* and almost always come out of the box cracked along the welding joints and/or with their handles popped off (the box itself has no visible damage.) Dude just buy a plastic Room Essentials bin for $2 and it will hold up longer

also broke a couple of these things just by gently lifting them by the handle, which promptly snapped off along with the metal ring. Feature or bug?

- most H&H is ugly af, or at least of questionable utility (you tellin' me Lowes can't sell you a can of paint matching the color and finish you want for less, or is the voice of Joanna Gaines living in your head from too much HGTV?)

- lolworthy "middle class person's idea of what a wealthy person would buy" aesthetic and positioning, while looking more like something you'd see in the waiting room at the dentist's office than in anybody's home

- The invisible planogram for the H&H aisles means that it's perpetually disorganized and overpushed. Ain't nobody got time for that.

What say you, TBR?

I love watching Chip and Joanna’s show but their stuff at Target is crap. Did you see the plates that were all irregular in size? Like they were made by a 5 yr old at camp. Not impressed.

Actually, having listened to the show enough and looking at the products, I say its not crap. Its kitschy. Not its not overpriced. Seriously, you know how much a welder makes? Oh and its not indonesia. Its southeastern asia. Not everyone can play vidoe games for a living.

Am I right? I spent 2 hours pushing several flats of H&H shit today, and discovered a paradox...how exactly does one detrash the product if the product IS the trash?

- the products are built very poorly for their price point, which is way too high for anything that comes out of Indian sweatshops. The galvanized metal bin-things are *flimsy* and almost always come out of the box cracked along the welding joints and/or with their handles popped off (the box itself has no visible damage.) Dude just buy a plastic Room Essentials bin for $2 and it will hold up longer

also broke a couple of these things just by gently lifting them by the handle, which promptly snapped off along with the metal ring. Feature or bug?

- most H&H is ugly af, or at least of questionable utility (you tellin' me Lowes can't sell you a can of paint matching the color and finish you want for less, or is the voice of Joanna Gaines living in your head from too much HGTV?)

- lolworthy "middle class person's idea of what a wealthy person would buy" aesthetic and positioning, while looking more like something you'd see in the waiting room at the dentist's office than in anybody's home

- The invisible planogram for the H&H aisles means that it's perpetually disorganized and overpushed. Ain't nobody got time for that.

What say you, TBR?

All your issues seem to DC related.
As for the ugliness, what about the new Island life items in kitchen or the 'Opal House' stuff. Finally the galvanized metal bin-things are designed to be looked at. Not used.

Remember. the Gaines are Texans and we use the galvanized metal bin-things all the time for various tasks like newpaper collection, staring at and leaving outside to rust. This is their purpose.

@Flow Warrior
hmm, tags say "Origin: India" i.e. the subcontinent of Gandhi, curry and cows in drag. Indonesia is the billion islands that got rekt by the tsunami in '04. Minor quibble but point being it's more like soldering than welding and you get paid nothing because it's the third world.

Texans?! Well yeehaw pardner, I didn't think them thar bins looked big or heat-resistant enough for y'all :D

@Flow Warrior
hmm, tags say "Origin: India" i.e. the subcontinent of Gandhi, curry and cows in drag. Indonesia is the billion islands that got rekt by the tsunami in '04. Minor quibble but point being it's more like soldering than welding and you get paid nothing because it's the third world.

Texans?! Well yeehaw pardner, I didn't think them thar bins looked big or heat-resistant enough for y'all :D
Hmm I will look because I though it had a indonesian stamp on it.
AS for the bins yea they are. You know the H&H is supposed to look like the Gaines store in Waco. I believe it.

The stuff is just boring. And most of it serves no purpose. For someone who uses a lot of antiques, you think she would have more inspiring pieces.

I haven't seen any of the new stuff that just came out, but that used to be part of my area on Flow, and I agree that most of it is very low quality. My first day pushing over there, I broke two of the ceramic pitchers just by picking them up by the handles. The handle couldn't even support the weight of the empty pitcher without cracking.

In general, I just hated that section. But mostly because of the ridiculous packaging. It took SO long to detrash some of those items - product tightly encased in styrofoam in boxes inside boxes encased by still more styrofoam, etc. That's actually probably the only thing I don't miss from my old area.

Hmm I will look because I though it had a indonesian stamp on it.
AS for the bins yea they are. You know the H&H is supposed to look like the Gaines store in Waco. I believe it.

I used to push over there and from what I remember it's about a 60/40 split between India and Indonesia, at least from the boxes that were clearly labelled.

Guests love it. It sells well. The VMG is easy to follow so restocking is easy and it shouldn't be overpushed if you can read "capacity" on your myDevice.

What say you, TBR?

It's high on the INF list. Years ago between Xmas and Garden we had "Global Bazaar" that was more high priced crap.

Well, Target knows their Guest...

Reactions: NPC
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back