Archived Had to get another date for my orientation...am I in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an event I have to go to on saturday and I have somethings i have to do for that event tonight at the time i was scheduled to have my orientation.The woman told me last NIGHT that i have orientation at 7 p.m.I asked if I could possible reschedule my orientation for another time and she said she will talk and figure it out.Will I lose my job for this?

they need all the people for seasonal that they can find. So, just make sure you go to orientation when they give you the new date.

I had to reschedule mine a couple of times....they kept trying to schedule me during the day when I was working my other job......they still kept me around.....

I had to reschedule mine a couple of times....they kept trying to schedule me during the day when I was working my other job......they still kept me around.....

Same here, between school and my other job. Of course, it was a sin to ask my old boss for time off.

I wouldn't put off another time. Orientations can be scheduled sparingly.

Your orientation date is basically your seasonal or permanent hire date, if you don't show up...they will hire someone else.

Follow up with HR in a day or so to see if they're planning another orientation in the coming days. If you're proactive about it, they will probably be less likely to pass over you (depending on the store).

I had to put the first on off, they understood, I was honest and told them before they offered me the job I had another job too, was no problem with the HR, Said they would call back when next one was scheduled, they did, it was the next week. ( small note, I called in two days to check with HR about the new date, wanted to make sure they knew I was interested!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back