MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

The only time we board folded was right before a big visit. But the rest of the time it's done on our chest. Baby clothes are the easiest to fake-board-fold. We never even bothered board folding them, and they always thought we did. Win-win.

Yea, I usually work baby. My fold is better than what I managed to do on the boards when I tried it earlier. I can't fold men and women xxl and men xl stuff that well.
Our DTL visits somewhat often. Well, compared to the old guy. I have nothing else to measure against. But I guess that's why they're pushing it so heavy. Idk. I put the board and the cart surface thingy on my cart just in case lol. They thought she was gonna show up today (or yesterday technically)

The only good thing about One Spot is that you don't have to have a sales floor TM take care of it. Because it's flexed the vast majority of the time, nobody bothers zoning it and any cashier with eyes can re-shop it.
It is fun to do dollar spot then deal with idiots.

I think they gave up on the board folding push. One fitting room person still uses them for non baby stuff.

I didn't fold many tables during the few days they were really trying to convince us. One day, the lod was all "make sure you're using the board" when she saw me chest folding. I always put table reshop out when I open, but the tables weren't done because the closers were folding on boards so I told her wasn't folding a thing for the rest of the day if that was a requirement.

There is this one board thing that fits on the cart that people actually hide while they go on breaks. Why not just get us more ? Why cant we have more of those z separators? Why cant i have a bigger trash can?
There are so many unanswerable questions in life and in Softlines

There is this one board thing that fits on the cart that people actually hide while they go on breaks. Why not just get us more ? Why cant we have more of those z separators? Why cant i have a bigger trash can?
There are so many unanswerable questions in life and in Softlines

We used to only have one. When they ordered our folding boards we got more of the cart boards but they don't seem to fit the new carts? We recently got the newer carts that are like all plastic.

What is a z separator? Is it those hang labels that are on the fitting room rack to separate the rtw brands? ...well, if that's the separators, that's the only thing we use them for, anyway.

Redexpress and Ajax11 kindly made suggestions about ordering the dividers we use on the z-racks. Unfortunately, we still haven't found a way to order them. We really need new dividers. Does anyone have an idea?

Signing person might know. I just discovered they're the person who orders numbers for the fitting rooms, so maybe they know about that as well.

Does anyone know how to order more of the separators we use on the z-racks? Our signing ninja has been trying to order them but hasen't had any luck. He can't find them because he does not know what to call them.

When I ordered a couple extra sets for my store, I think I just typed in something like 'fitting room divider' in SAP. But it did take quite awhile to find them.

I haven't tried this number in a long time but here is the number I had previously for the branded z-rack dividers:

Signing person might know. I just discovered they're the person who orders numbers for the fitting rooms, so maybe they know about that as well.

Thanks Sher, our signing ninja has been trying to find a way to order them. We really need them so I'm hoping someone will know.

Thank you I will try that . We have taped index cards over all the label separators that didn't get used enough to get broken ( I e liz Lange- we literally 've one t of maternity)

We used to only have one. When they ordered our folding boards we got more of the cart boards but they don't seem to fit the new carts? We recently got the newer carts that are like all plastic.

What is a z separator? Is it those hang labels that are on the fitting room rack to separate the rtw brands? ...well, if that's the separators, that's the only thing we use them for, anyway.
Yep. That's what I'm asking about. We really need new ones but we can't find a way to order them.

This is from the targetnews twitter account's coverage of the big meeting that all the stls go to.

"We're testing a new fitting room service focuses on training teams to sell, offer style advice and help with sizing. @Tina_M_Tyler #FNW2015"

So, we have new responsibilities coming... And probably no raise to keep up with it.

This is from the targetnews twitter account's coverage of the big meeting that all the stls go to.

"We're testing a new fitting room service focuses on training teams to sell, offer style advice and help with sizing. @Tina_M_Tyler #FNW2015"

So, we have new responsibilities coming... And probably no raise to keep up with it.
Oh no, it's Tina! Give the store hours too.

oh great "help with sizing"

You know full well there will be complaints "they said that I would need a [large size] when I'm clearly a [lie about being a smaller size]"

I can already see returns building up at the fitting room.... they must seriously think operators just sit on a chair and drool into a cup all day. Ive had multiple leadership roles in the stores, and F.R operators on weekends seriously ranks as one of the top IF NOT the top most fast-pace stressful roles. Multiple incoming calls, sorting returns from guest service, sorting clothes from the line of people that try them on, doing returns, doing rewrap/repackage, keeping the zone around the F.R clean, guest servicing/calling other store for sizes... most people cant handle this. We dont need to add anything more to the plate.

I can already see returns building up at the fitting room.... they must seriously think operators just sit on a chair and drool into a cup all day. Ive had multiple leadership roles in the stores, and F.R operators on weekends seriously ranks as one of the top IF NOT the top most fast-pace stressful roles. Multiple incoming calls, sorting returns from guest service, sorting clothes from the line of people that try them on, doing returns, doing rewrap/repackage, keeping the zone around the F.R clean, guest servicing/calling other store for sizes... most people cant handle this. We dont need to add anything more to the plate.
This! This! This!
Our FRO also calls breaks and reminds the LOD to check Flex every half hour. Oh, and we also hand out checks.

I'd love to see SL duties expanded. I already help guests and enjoy it. I probably should look for a job in commissioned sales in a more traditional retail store because I do really well getting guests to trade up or buy additional items. Getting them into a larger size is very simple. Just tell them ahead of time that our sizes run unusually small (partially true) so they might feel more comfortable if they moved up a size. Then I encourage them to try on both the size they think they wear and the next size up "just to try it". Most times they will and end up buying the larger size. My biggest issue with SL is that if you leave the fitting room to go on your meal and nobody is covering it (frequently at my store), you come back to an absolute mess. Among things left behind - a pile of women's undies, all the same style (we're talking about 15 or so), a pee-soaked diaper behind the stool, an iphone under a pile of clothes on the floor (I was tempted to tell the guest that's what happens when you throw your clothes on the floor instead of taking them out of the fitting room). Then the best story of all - the obese woman who couldn't find a bra to fit her and asked me to step into the fitting room because she had a question. I walked in and she was naked from the waist up. She was a bit older, recently had a stroke so couldn't walk easily but wanted me to see how a reasonably sized bra wouldn't fit her. I was absolutely speechless. I did find her a good bra that she could fit into and wouldn't be too much of a challenge to put on, but that image lives on in my brain and it's not a pretty picture.

Back