MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

Ok, question, because my store is absolute shit at communication Is it unlimited or is there an imaginary limit of 10 and are we supposed to count the items, and if so, then what exactly is the point? I've heard different answers from my team leads, ETLs, STL, and AP, and AP Lead of the District so everything is unorganized.

Also what's everyone's highest count so far, I've got 26 items... Surprisingly, she bought them all back. In fact, it's weird because I've seen an increase of people bringing clothing back than before, could just be a coincidence though, or they don't have to leave clothes back there in spite of me limiting them to 6 of their 20 C9 active pants that all look the same and of the same two sizes.

Yeah that doesn't sound like a very fair split. Ours is typically the first person in gets ready to wear, second mens, shoes, boys, half of infants (typically toddler clothes), and the third gets jewelry, intimates, active wear, girls, and the other half of infants (the infant hanging and gondolas/infant hardlines). If we have a fourth person, they get boys and all of infants. Its a lot to handle. Trying to get it all done is really rough.

Generally, I get Infant Hardlines, Infant & Toddlers, Boys, Girls, Accessories, be available to back up cashiers because we always have call-outs. Then, if I'm done, I am expected to help with shoes. TM who is on fitting room duty also does Mens, Active Wear, Intimates and Clearance. Last person does RTW and shoes. Most days, there are 2-3 TMs and at night, always 3 TMs. For whatever reason, on Saturdays and Sundays, there will be 5 people assigned at the same time. Most nights, the area looks pretty good and most reshop has been put away but we're hustling. Many evenings, we miss our second break because there is so much pressure to get it all done. There are nights when we just can't deal with all of the mess and clutter. Those are the nights when we're happy if we can just get stuff off the floor and fold the tables.

As for new policy about how many items you can take in, it depends on the size of the store. Some are allowed to limit it to 10; others have to let guests go in with unlimited numbers. I'm fine with that as long as they bring it back out. There's nothing worse than coming back from break and finding enough stuff on the floor in one fitting room to fill an entire cart.

No one knows in my store lol. And when we find out, I'm sure we'll hear different numbers from every leader.

They told us at huddle today there is no limit and the Redwire said the same thing. Let's see how long this lasts. We don't ever have a FR attendant, so I suspect theft will go up even more.

I sat down with my STL and asked for clarification. He wants us to take the items from the guest and walk them to the fitting room. We are to introduce ourselves and offer to help them with anything they may need. That includes other sizes or even accessories to go with...whatever. We are only to zone the area next to the fitting room so we are available for our guests. The ETL/LODs have other ideas.

What does it mean to call breaks and lunches?

Hr passes out checks in my store. And if there's no hr, an etl comes in to give them to whoever is picking one up. They keep the checks locked up in tsc.
"Jake it's time for your 15, Sarah it's time for your 15, Robert it's time for your 30..." LOD please check flex. (Every half hour)

Didn't see anything about jewelry spinners, but then I seldom see Redwire. What did it say?

Last time I was at a huddle (which was a while ago because I've been on nights lately), the ETL-Softlines said we weren't using the numbers anymore, but the FRO was still supposed to TAG.

TAG?
It was about POGs that were never set set or jewelry that hasn't been selling from the POGs that were set. We are to verify the POGs were set and explain why the jewelry has not been selling.

I absolutely hate the wall of c9 in girls and boys. Everything is so cluttered. It's terrible. But, I really want some time to myself to just zone it one time. Then once it gets ruined I'll be annoyed again. But for 2.3903 minutes, it would be perfect.

I absolutely hate the wall of c9 in girls and boys. Everything is so cluttered. It's terrible. But, I really want some time to myself to just zone it one time. Then once it gets ruined I'll be annoyed again. But for 2.3903 minutes, it would be perfect.

YES. In my store, the girls C9 is particularly terrible. Our boys side doesnt look so bad right now. I would love to have some time to work on that.

One of the brands spent most of a day refolding every pair if men's jeans and zoning them. They looked so good...till the next day.

This is another area I'd like to tackle. I almost always zone mens and never have enough time to address the jeans.

All of our jean walls are pretty bad right now because they scheduled all new people this week, so zone has been pretty weak. None of them are as bad as the yoga pants wall yet...that's a disaster.

So as for the number of items a guest can take into the fitting room, at most stores there isn't a limit; however at high theft stores there is a limit of 10. I always thought my store was high theft but apparently its not because people can take in as many items as they please. I think the whole thing is stupid personally, just another reason why I hate working the FR.

I've been telling leaders I'm going along with the no limit thing, but then when it's busy I tell the people there is a limit. If someone gets huffy about it, I let them go. I ask them nicely, but firmly to bring everything out with the hangers. Most people do. Sometimes they ignore the part about the hangers which is dumb because clothes are way easier to hold if they're on hangers. It's slightly less horrible when they bring it back on hangers.

I've been in the fitting room all week. The person who usually works the shifts I have is on the floor. She's so happy. I actually don't hate the fitting room but I don't think I'd wanna be in there full time.

I actually don't hate the fitting room but I don't think I'd wanna be in there full time.

We pretty much have two softlines "teams:" opening and closing. Closing, two girls split the week in the fitting room, until the one took an LOA for school. That left me to do the second half of the closing fitting room shifts. Most of the rest of the team is either new or work very few days and always get scheduled on the floor.

Now that I'm spending half my shifts in the fitting room, I'm starting to dislike it. I had FOUR lines ringing at once the other day and no one from hardlines was willing to help out with calls for their areas. It was a nightmare. I am very productive in the fitting room; I can have a cart of re-shop sorted in no time flat and then assist the RTW and accessories zoners with their re-shop since those areas are very close by. I enjoy helping guests over the phone- usually- but I don't want to be in the fitting room full time either. My store is just too busy.

Yea, at 5 tomorrow, I will have done 32ish (of 38) hours in there for this week. This week is actually a slow one for us for some reason. I've been bored. Today we had 6 people on the floor at the same time. Now that I've complained, tomorrow will probably be hectic to the point I'm overwhelmed.

My store has 3 fitting room people but every so often they switch it up. I usually cover all their breaks and when someone's on vacation I get a lot of those shifts. When other floor people are scheduled in there and I'm on the floor I end up in the fr. So I do more fr than other sl floor people. Bright side is I never get scheduled cashier hours anymore. I probably just jinxed that.

Does anyone have tips on how to bulk out clothes on the sales floor? I don't want to U-bar everything. We have over 12 Z-racks of bacstock plus another probably 10 up top. It is getting out of hand and my STL finally gave the go ahead to blow payroll out of the water and just get what needs to be done, done. I get extending faceouts but 2 notches out seems really far. Can i double hang any rack?

Extend arms on the quads. Hang shoulder bars instead of faceouts on convertibles. Double hang some quads if you can (but that's usually just shorts for mens and rtw...boys, girls, and NIT should be much easier to double hang). Use your high capacities for what you've got an excessive amount of. Consider moving sale racks to the racetrack to get that product moving to free up some more space.

Back