MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

Extend arms on the quads. Hang shoulder bars instead of faceouts on convertibles. Double hang some quads if you can (but that's usually just shorts for mens and rtw...boys, girls, and NIT should be much easier to double hang). Use your high capacities for what you've got an excessive amount of. Consider moving sale racks to the racetrack to get that product moving to free up some more space.
Do what my sltl does and shove stuff wherever you want, against VA. So when your signing ninja puts up signs and realizes the complete wrong brand AND size is on the fixture you have to haul ass to fix it to not look dumb and get called out on a visit AGAIN. All day every time. I'm four bars over on both C9 walls. We never put the last new sign up because "we have to add more fixtures to get it all out" this time I threw a fit.

I feel like every rack in BGI is overflowing. You walk by on the racetrack and the slight breeze knocks stuff off.

We had one particular button down shirt that went clearance in girls. One color and pattern filled one side of a high capacity. So, yes, "just off" sounds about right.

So, softlines, how are you guys feeling about the 40% off on BF at your stores? For my store, it'll be RIP to our department, I think the only thing the mobs will leave are the carpets and runaways aside from that they'll savage the entire department taking the shelves and mannequins...

Ok, maybe a bit of an exaggeration but, seriously don't see this ending well for my store. Think Lilly Pullitzer.

Will the 40% also apply to clearance?
If so, it'll be a great way to clear the racks (my store had as many as 20 in RTW alone).

And is the 40% off just black Friday or is it the 3 day sale? That would be awesome and help some of our freight to get out. 2 z-racks out during my pricing shift today another 20 to go.

We've resorted to triple hanging NIT quads because we have too much of everything.
I like triple hanging the newborn section when there's a lot of freight. Surprisingly all of our freight Is RTW and Men's though and nothing is triple hung.... yet. But tomorrow is another day.

Do what my sltl does and shove stuff wherever you want, against VA. So when your signing ninja puts up signs and realizes the complete wrong brand AND size is on the fixture you have to haul ass to fix it to not look dumb and get called out on a visit AGAIN. All day every time. I'm four bars over on both C9 walls. We never put the last new sign up because "we have to add more fixtures to get it all out" this time I threw a fit.

I feel like every rack in BGI is overflowing. You walk by on the racetrack and the slight breeze knocks stuff off.

I think a lot has to do that everything is big and fluffy. The circo coats and the chewbacca sweaters and the tutus.. I want to get a rubber band and strap all those damn tutus down.

Will the 40% also apply to clearance?
If so, it'll be a great way to clear the racks (my store had as many as 20 in RTW alone).

It excludes clearance, swim wear, fan central, hosiery, underwear, and socks. But still it should lighten up some racks!

So, softlines, how are you guys feeling about the 40% off on BF at your stores? For my store, it'll be RIP to our department, I think the only thing the mobs will leave are the carpets and runaways aside from that they'll savage the entire department taking the shelves and mannequins...

Ok, maybe a bit of an exaggeration but, seriously don't see this ending well for my store. Think Lilly Pullitzer.

No problem. We have enough overflow in the back on z racks to restock the store!

It was the same sale last year. Wasn't crazy in my store. It did help lighten the racks, but it wasn't like flying off the racks crazy. I was able to get a star wars tee and a Christmas sweater at the end of my shift. If I can wait until thanksgiving, this year I'm gonna get that ugly Christmas sweater vest... Or Vader Christmas sweater and the pants from the men's dept.

I think it was a 3 day sale last year, but don't quote me on that haha.

No problem. We have enough overflow in the back on z racks to restock the store!
You and me both. If we lost everything on the sales floor I have enough in the back room to fill most of the racks.

It was the same sale last year. Wasn't crazy in my store. It did help lighten the racks, but it wasn't like flying off the racks crazy. I was able to get a star wars tee and a Christmas sweater at the end of my shift. If I can wait until thanksgiving, this year I'm gonna get that ugly Christmas sweater vest... Or Vader Christmas sweater and the pants from the men's dept.

I think it was a 3 day sale last year, but don't quote me on that haha.
Yes it looks like it's gonna be thurs-sat. Again this year. We are cramming the hell out of the racks in anticipation.

You and me both. If we lost everything on the sales floor I have enough in the back room to fill most of the racks.

Yes it looks like it's gonna be thurs-sat. Again this year. We are cramming the hell out of the racks in anticipation.
I have a z-rack and a half in the fixture room. And they are already being told to cram it anywhere (even where the sun doesn't shine) to get it out of there OR ELSE. Which is odd cause its not stuff out on the floor and I'm dreading them trying to figure out where on the VA it belongs...

I honestly pulled something last night, trying to cram more winter jackets and those damn snow pants in boys onto racks. They're exploding off the quads. You only have to look at them cross-eyed and they all end up on the floor. Last year, it seemed as if we never had enough cold weather clothing and guests were mad that we sold out of mittens and gloves by January. This year, it looks as if we have enough merchandise to last until Winter 2016.

Seriously, the amount of stock we have on the floor right now is ridiculous. And we keep getting more to push out. I'm just waiting for something to fall over from the sheer weight and bury some poor innocent(?) child who is playing hide and go seek under the clothes and knocking everything all over the place. Would I get into trouble if I asked a guest to keep her child from playing under the quads or climbing on the racks?

Oh dear god I haven't seen this yet. If this comes in on tomorrow's truck, I'm gonna die laughing. Is it men's or women's?

Dear god those sweaters are hideous! We saw them yesterday and tried them on, it was great laugh but they're REALLY hot.

We have them folded onto one another in order to hang them.

Yeah folded in half and both hangers over the hook. You could rubbed band them together if you want. Lol. We saw them too.

Got 10 z-racks out today. Feel so accomplished. Now we have another 10 plus whatever is up top. Im going to be 20 hours into overtime by the end of the week.

They're rtw. I think we're gonna end up using two arms lol. Hanging them folded in half the people walk up to them thinking they're one sweater... Which is what I did before I took that picture

I honestly pulled something last night, trying to cram more winter jackets and those damn snow pants in boys onto racks. They're exploding off the quads. You only have to look at them cross-eyed and they all end up on the floor. Last year, it seemed as if we never had enough cold weather clothing and guests were mad that we sold out of mittens and gloves by January. This year, it looks as if we have enough merchandise to last until Winter 2016.

Seriously, the amount of stock we have on the floor right now is ridiculous. And we keep getting more to push out. I'm just waiting for something to fall over from the sheer weight and bury some poor innocent(?) child who is playing hide and go seek under the clothes and knocking everything all over the place. Would I get into trouble if I asked a guest to keep her child from playing under the quads or climbing on the racks?

Tell them nicely, but you can tell them this is not a playground and they could be hurt if they pulled a fixture down.

Back