MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

I'm looking at the size charts on Target.com for Xhilaration, Mossimo Black and AND. For some reason the server thinks 50 kilobytes is too large of a file, but they all have identical measurements.

I would love if it if the rest of the A&A team was actually trained for POGs and adjacencies just so it doesn't all fall on the few ex Brand TMs that are left. Our new TL can't even do POGs and I'm supposed to be setting them with her next week, but maybe she'll see how strenuous and tedious the tasks are and see why sometimes we don't finish.

Same. Sounds like you're in my store but then if you were I'd have more help than I do. :p My TLs both know how to set POGs. The only problem is that one of them is standing LOD shifts too much to jump in and help and the other is too busy making sure the truck gets finished and our zones are good enough for a visit. I oversee the workload and manage most of it. Not looking forward to next week when we have over 200 hours of workload. -_-

So, how is everyone set up for the 7/15 week workload? Got it all planned out and ready to roll or are you still shaking your head and cursing corporate?

So, how is everyone set up for the 7/15 week workload? Got it all planned out and ready to roll or are you still shaking your head and cursing corporate?
not looking forward to resetting shoes, especially bc I'm doing it with a new TL and a very slow TM

Same. Sounds like you're in my store but then if you were I'd have more help than I do. :p My TLs both know how to set POGs. The only problem is that one of them is standing LOD shifts too much to jump in and help and the other is too busy making sure the truck gets finished and our zones are good enough for a visit. I oversee the workload and manage most of it. Not looking forward to next week when we have over 200 hours of workload. -_-
I know and I thought they got rid of brand TMs because "everyone was going to be trained for POGs and adjacencies."

We started workload in intimates at the end of last week and almost finished so we were ahead, but then I had to do pricing for RTW/YC all day and 95% of Mossimo went clearance along with all the Disney stuff (thank god) so I should be able to pick up workload tomorrow morning.

Shoes is humming along... should be finished and beautiful by the end of the week. Intimates....meh...it's getting there. RTW Pogs have been tied and pulled. Accessories was done last week so we didn't have to worry about it. Kids, however, that's going to be the real bugger.... ><

Shoes is humming along... should be finished and beautiful by the end of the week. Intimates....meh...it's getting there. RTW Pogs have been tied and pulled. Accessories was done last week so we didn't have to worry about it. Kids, however, that's going to be the real bugger.... ><

Ran into a snag today.. it's like corporate sent us every single style of shoe in ITG and then had the nerve to NOT clearance any of the sandals......so annoying Now I have to problem solve tomorrow and figure out how to stuff all these shoes into place. -_- ITB to go.... and the FLEX white walls....which need more of a re-zoning than setting.

Ran into a snag today.. it's like corporate sent us every single style of shoe in ITG and then had the nerve to NOT clearance any of the sandals......so annoying Now I have to problem solve tomorrow and figure out how to stuff all these shoes into place. -_- ITB to go.... and the FLEX white walls....which need more of a re-zoning than setting.
This is embarrassing, but I need a translation to English. ITG? ITB?

Oh dear. :eek: If it's similar to our shoes, space wouldn't be that big of a problem until 5 minutes after the guests get there. Stacking them four high on the shelves and two deep will solve space problems but when guests start digging around.......eep.

Oh dear. :eek: If it's similar to our shoes, space wouldn't be that big of a problem until 5 minutes after the guests get there. Stacking them four high on the shelves and two deep will solve space problems but when guests start digging around.......eep.
We had so many ITB shoes and there was no space at all, so we actually had to move two pairs of the shoes in infants and just crossmerched it there.

Does anyone else have problems with the autofills being huge for awhile after a reset? It's such a waste of payroll (and effort and time) to pull these huge batches just to backstock them again. I feel like the counts are usually set right.

Ain't that the truth! Send me some big girl shoes. I have two rows of toddler girl. One row is all new set. The other is sandals. At the end of the sandal row I have 2 sections of clearance. I have a total of 12rows of shoes. 5 women, 2 girl, 2 toddler girl, toddler girl toddler boy character shoes, 1 toddler boy and 1 boy. I had a total, so far, of 10 pallets. Everyday I come in I think I'm done but more come in. I spent more time moving shoes around than I did setting. Unusual situation, I am not a sl tm nor a pog person. No one pre tied anything, so I held my breath every time I opened a box hoping I would have room. So glad, I hope, this is over. Good luck!

Ain't that the truth! Send me some big girl shoes. I have two rows of toddler girl. One row is all new set. The other is sandals. At the end of the sandal row I have 2 sections of clearance. I have a total of 12rows of shoes. 5 women, 2 girl, 2 toddler girl, toddler girl toddler boy character shoes, 1 toddler boy and 1 boy. I had a total, so far, of 10 pallets. Everyday I come in I think I'm done but more come in. I spent more time moving shoes around than I did setting. Unusual situation, I am not a sl tm nor a pog person. No one pre tied anything, so I held my breath every time I opened a box hoping I would have room. So glad, I hope, this is over. Good luck!

We have a shrunken shoe dept thanks to the remodel.... unfortunately there's someone up there who doesn't seem to know that we have been remodeled. I am going to have to zone down the hanging and pull out shelves to finish setting on Monday. Thankfully they didn't send as many hanging shoes as they did last major reset (3 pallets worth of hanging - oh how I hated them). Boxes are much easier to place on shelves than having to break out the bars and hooks. Hope it's over for you as well. :)

Shoe wise if I had my way... they'd clearance the seasonal footwear all at once and when they set the shoe dept they would set every row but one in the same week.... then that one row would hold all the clearance. Then a couple weeks later to let clearance sell down or salvage out...I'd send the pog for that row. But, hey... what do I know? Right? I know that technically we can and are supposed to do it that way but the problem is that when we do... there are no hours to set that row when we finally can. So it ends up being a rush job.

At least they didn't send any new shoes for the women's walls.... and since they're getting light I'll be able to zone them down to less walls and set up some white shelves for clearance until they set slippers. Hopefully they'll get rid of the stupid flip flops/sandals on the wall before they do that. Or at least enough of them to make it manageable. ><

If corporate were smart, they would time salvage to occur the same week as the reset.

Freezers and Cosmetics seem to work this way. Why not the rest of the store?

Salvage everything out. Push out new product. no more moving shit around over-and-over again.

:waves to Spot:

Spot: Do you realize how much time (ie Payroll) is spent moving and managing clearance during a New Set? A LOT! multiply by 1800 stores = A.LOT.MORE

Shoe wise if I had my way... they'd clearance the seasonal footwear all at once and when they set the shoe dept they would set every row but one in the same week.... then that one row would hold all the clearance. Then a couple weeks later to let clearance sell down or salvage out...I'd send the pog for that row. But, hey... what do I know? Right? I know that technically we can and are supposed to do it that way but the problem is that when we do... there are no hours to set that row when we finally can. So it ends up being a rush job.

At least they didn't send any new shoes for the women's walls.... and since they're getting light I'll be able to zone them down to less walls and set up some white shelves for clearance until they set slippers. Hopefully they'll get rid of the stupid flip flops/sandals on the wall before they do that. Or at least enough of them to make it manageable. ><

What you smokin girl, lol

Does anyone else have problems with the autofills being huge for awhile after a reset? It's such a waste of payroll (and effort and time) to pull these huge batches just to backstock them again. I feel like the counts are usually set right.
Generally it's due to the items not being back-stocked when they came. We threw all the shoes up in steel. So system doesn't know that the shoes are on the floor because they don't get 'pulled' in a POG batch. If setting team adjust caps/quantity on sales floor then it not a problem. We tend 'burn' first batch after a re-set.

The other possibility is your capacities are off. I once set an underwear pog in men's that said 720 packages of t-shirts would fit on 2 peg hooks... each hook only fit two packages. Also had a table that said 88 shirts in one size would fit a table. Naturally every time they backstocked the items the computer threw them out on the floor again because capacities said they ought to fit. The only way to stop it was to correct the capacities.

I'm looking at the size charts on Target.com for Xhilaration, Mossimo Black and AND. For some reason the server thinks 50 kilobytes is too large of a file, but they all have identical measurements.

Yea the ones I pulled up were all the same. In the past that wasn't the case. I looked years ago and assumed it was the same (until whenever I posted that comment about checking again) because my experience doesn't seem to have changed. But the brands I looked at did show that they've moved to alleged size parity. Maybe they intended for the fits to be different? Idk. I tried ut tees for the first time and I bought xs so idk what target is smoking when they put the labels in. And it's supposed to fit so it's not like I bought something they intended to be a loosey goosey bf tee and sized down. I don't fit into the size chart for xs. If I was ordering, I would've bought the medium and been disappointed.

In other questions, is mossi black, msc and 3w the brands that are leaving in favor of wild fable??? That's what I heard at work, but on the internet I read xhil and msc?

Yea the ones I pulled up were all the same. In the past that wasn't the case. I looked years ago and assumed it was the same (until whenever I posted that comment about checking again) because my experience doesn't seem to have changed. But the brands I looked at did show that they've moved to alleged size parity. Maybe they intended for the fits to be different? Idk. I tried ut tees for the first time and I bought xs so idk what target is smoking when they put the labels in. And it's supposed to fit so it's not like I bought something they intended to be a loosey goosey bf tee and sized down. I don't fit into the size chart for xs. If I was ordering, I would've bought the medium and been disappointed.

In other questions, is mossi black, msc and 3w the brands that are leaving in favor of wild fable??? That's what I heard at work, but on the internet I read xhil and msc?
Mossimo Red is the only brand leaving for Wild Fable if your store decides to keep Xhil it is set with Wild Fable and is considered Young Contemporary. Mossimo Black is going to be phased out possibly with Knox Rose for a brand that is due to launch in September which is now considered Style along with Who What Wear which is set to expand.

Stores do not get to decide if they're keeping Xhil. Corporate decides if you do. Some stores will have Xhil with Wild Fable.. others will not. But you are correct. It's just MSC that's being lost entirely. :)

Back