MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

Stores do not get to decide if they're keeping Xhil. Corporate decides if you do. Some stores will have Xhil with Wild Fable.. others will not. But you are correct. It's just MSC that's being lost entirely. :)

Moss Black is starting to phase out as well.

My store just finished 2.0. We have Xhil and Wild Fable lumped together. Knox Rose isn't going away in my store...they are actually making it bigger and we don't carry WWW at all. All Mossimo is leaving.

Ah ok... I guess since different stores carry different brands (which is a thing I forget constantly) it's possible we are actually losing 3w and mossimo black. Xhil, wild fable and Knox rose sorta overlap so much. Whole store gonna look like a fake hippie between sl and some of the opal house stuff

Our store doesn't have Knox Rose except for remnants that sneak in through returns. In our district some stores have WWW and others have Knox Rose but only our biggest store has them both. I wasn't aware Mossimo Black was going away but it's not surprising ... they haven't been sending all that much for awhile and they sort of blend in with WWW.

Our store doesn't have Knox Rose except for remnants that sneak in through returns. In our district some stores have WWW and others have Knox Rose but only our biggest store has them both. I wasn't aware Mossimo Black was going away but it's not surprising ... they haven't been sending all that much for awhile and they sort of blend in with WWW.
To my eye Mossimo Black does not blend in with WWW. If I were working an office job again 90% of Mossimo Black would be excellent business attire and all the line is lacking is blazers and more slacks option. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing WWW in a professional setting. The frills on the clothes make it look like an upscale and older lady version of Xhilaration and those frills would be inappropriate for business casual/business formal.

To my eye Mossimo Black does not blend in with WWW. If I were working an office job again 90% of Mossimo Black would be excellent business attire and all the line is lacking is blazers and more slacks option. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing WWW in a professional setting. The frills on the clothes make it look like an upscale and older lady version of Xhilaration and those frills would be inappropriate for business casual/business formal.

I don't think MB looks super businessy.. well it looked more professional before we started carrying so little of it. I don't think we even have more than like 2 bottoms in MB. But I think MB and 3w look like clothing for a similar type of person. I wouldn't say either line could only work in a single type of setting but I think they both have somewhat of an edge... But... Like a mature kinda edgy lol. But of course there's some outliers. Some of mb is hella basic and some of 3w is... Just loud and beyond extra

MB used to be the wear to work brand. The dress pants were pretty good, and there were nice tops and blouses as well.

MB has very clean lines, for lack of a better word, it has the subdued look that will have one taken seriously in most professional settings, whether it be sitting in a meeting or haggling with a contractor over that new porch you want. WWW has a cut that says "Look at me", drawing attention to how awesome you look. It's better for dinner out after MB got you that discount from the contractor.

MB used to be the wear to work brand. The dress pants were pretty good, and there were nice tops and blouses as well.

I'd say that was merona's thing, granted merona definitely wasn't all workwear and all our brands have pieces you can make work for an office-setting. I do remember nice blouses and dresses that could go from day to night in MB, but in my store the brand has been dwindling down so we don't have much of that.

Again I keep forgetting we don't all carry the same stuff and sometimes there's even more, varying options online from these brands lol. So realistically we could all be getting a different piece of the mossi black vibe

Merona offered blazers in the store, and that was really really awesome. I had to go looking for a blazer shortly before working at Target, almost none of the expected places had them and the ones that did were wanting $75+ for a single blazer. I know AND and Goodfellow offer them, but they don't offer them in store now, and that really sucks for people who just got a call this morning about an interview and it's noon tomorrow.

Merona offered blazers in the store, and that was really really awesome. I had to go looking for a blazer shortly before working at Target, almost none of the expected places had them and the ones that did were wanting $75+ for a single blazer. I know AND and Goodfellow offer them, but they don't offer them in store now, and that really sucks for people who just got a call this morning about an interview and it's noon tomorrow.
My store has the AND blazers in store, and Goodfellow, too. I bought a Merona blazer for my target interview, too, still have it

Today, RTW sucked the rest of my soul from me. Back to school has our whole store wrecked, they’ve been cutting hours extensively, reshop is killing me, on top of all the pricing that needs to be done for fall merch transition, and I’m the only person scheduled in RTW till closing shift most days.

It’s been so busy I haven’t even been to the backroom to do any pulls yet and I haven’t started zoning. Thankfully I’m out in an hour.

Random question: Is anyone's store doing locked fitting rooms? That will be a thing for us post-remodel, and I'm curious to hear how that goes for those who have locked FR. It sounds like we'll still have one FRA for two fitting rooms, who will also be expected to upsell and get new items or sizes and it seems like kind of a recipe for frustrated guests and lost sales.

Not exactly what I meant by blend in but I get ya.

Does anyone have the new "metro carts" yet? Just curious what they're going to look like. The newest process for break out is ridiculous. -_- Might work if we were a large store but we're too dang small. ><

Does anyone have the new "metro carts" yet? Just curious what they're going to look like. The newest process for break out is ridiculous. -_- Might work if we were a large store but we're too dang small. ><

They are the green racks that they use in food areas.

We've been using the metros (w/o wacos) since February. Ours are like the ones used in consumables, but the shelves are deeper & they aren't green. I like them for the organization, but they are a bit cumbersome.

im curious whether or not your softlines area has only one rack for hangers ? i'm talking like. one rack from the fixtures and that's it. also ? do you guys have a hanger bin in the back where you have to fish through for those little infant hangers ?

We have some bars in the closet that hold hangers. When we run out of something we dig through the big hanger box in the back room for what we need. When we fill the closet up we dump the extra in the big hanger box in the back.

The amount of time it takes to now break-out softlines is ridiculous! Visual presentation of merchandise whether it is on a table or hanging is merchandising in my mind and style team should be responsible for it as the are compensated for such. Neatness, detrashing and such yes break out team should be responsible for.

We have some bars in the closet that hold hangers. When we run out of something we dig through the big hanger box in the back room for what we need. When we fill the closet up we dump the extra in the big hanger box in the back.
Our fitting room has one small bar to hold every single hanger, from infants down to bras to mens. It's impossible enough finding the tiny little infant hangers for shirts, but don't get me started on the infant pant hangers.
Apparently my store used to have it all organized where it was multiple bars for each department's hangers, but a DM said it was not in code and they had to reduce it down to that and a small three tier – although we just upgraded to this way too fancy clothes rack with a random bucket at the bottom. I'm honestly missing my three tier back there.

Back