MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

We have all shoes in one section except men’s. Which sucks because there’s barely room for the shoes as it is, and with giant winter boots coming in, it will only get worse.

One 4 foot section? o.o We have ours in 2 (4 foot) sections from ceiling to floor and then were storing excess in the shelf above the ladder in every section. *sigh* Our biggest problem is that we used to have 5 rows in our shoe dept and then when we did the 2.0 remodel we lost 2 rows. We now only have 3 rows of shoes but I swear the DC is still sending us shoes like we have 5 rows. It's annoying to be drowning in shoes to the point that you have to palletize and put them up in the steel. ><

We were told that nothing is to be on the shelves above hanging. Initially, we only had one aisle for shoes, but had to expand to another half of an aisle because we were scrambling for space.

But, we are blessed with a rather large backroom.

Yes, but it's a stupid waste of space. The shelves can be adjusted so they are above the wheels of the ladder track so product is safe sitting there and then you have more space. For stores with tiny backrooms, every ounce of space is needed so it's galling to see that area HAVE to be wasted. Our ETL LOG is having to cough up more aisles to please the DTL which is the only way we're going to get things to fit but it's not like he has a lot of space to put everything else. I will say it's been a fantastic motivation to do a LOOOOT of purging.

Ever feel like there are too many chefs in the kitchen and they all want to give you tasks and have unrealistic expectations of how long they will take to complete. Very frustrating... and on top of that work, then you have to cover being operator for someone's lunch, or go to the front end to cashier, because they're shorthanded.

Ever feel like there are too many chefs in the kitchen and they all want to give you tasks and have unrealistic expectations of how long they will take to complete. Very frustrating... and on top of that work, then you have to cover being operator for someone's lunch, or go to the front end to cashier, because they're shorthanded.

If we could get the Corporate "Cooks" out of the kitchen we might stand a chance. But of course that's not going to happen. -_-

So I don't know if I skipped class when phone extensions were being taught or if I found a quirk not widely known, but I found out that when you call a store and it starts listing extensions (1 for pharmacy, 2 for electronics, 0 for operator, yada) you can dial a non listed extension and it will ring there. Another store wasn't picking up their phone, so on try #3 I hit 3236 instead of zero and a very surprised GSTM picked up the phone.

Shittily, tbh.

My STL writes the schedule and doesn't look at VMG workload. I'll be shocked if there's even a mid scheduled for RTW.

My STL tried to plan it without the input of the SLTL and there were a few unforseen holes. Got half of men's set this week and most of sleep and one section of RTW.....but there's so much more to do. Dreading accessories.... 40 pogs? -_-

Our stl is making our vml do it. . .alone. . .because they cut more hours. . .so yeah not happening until the dtl comes in again and screeches at the etls again

Our stl is making our vml do it. . .alone. . .because they cut more hours. . .so yeah not happening until the dtl comes in again and screeches at the etls again

Trying to make another VML quit, eh? Ugh. I can't imagine. There are over 100 pogs in the system for this week. Men's and Accessories are the major resetters but then you have RTW, kids, NIT, and shoes too. Egads. I wish they wouldn't dump so much into a week. It's stupid. Even if they have one person per area to set there still has to be the ability to cover truck and reshop.

Agreed its absolutely insane. Dont forget we have to do it in 4hrs to!

Lol our vm isnt a push over he will flat out tell our stl what he needs or it isnt getting done. Sadly it means the two people he normally has helping will get tons of hours while the closers get screwed as usual. Gotta love when they reallocate hours to make the screechy dtl happy.

Trying to make another VML quit, eh? Ugh. I can't imagine. There are over 100 pogs in the system for this week. Men's and Accessories are the major resetters but then you have RTW, kids, NIT, and shoes too. Egads. I wish they wouldn't dump so much into a week. It's stupid. Even if they have one person per area to set there still has to be the ability to cover truck and reshop.
Most of the pogs for shoes from the last set were never tied. :cool:

Question for you all. I have had zero cross training for other positions, but I have a shift coming up that lists me as Visual Merchandiser instead of Softlines - Sales Floor. Anyone have any idea as to what I likely will be doing and why I would be listed that way?

Okay, forgive my idiocy, but what is amplified gifting? Is it like the Father's Day presents and those million little things kept in RTW during Christmas last year? Or is it something new?

Amplified Gifting was those awful HUGE green cardboard shippers last year and the cardboard tower of huge stuffed animals that kept falling. This year they are putting things on permanent fixtures that we get to keep and use year round instead of those cardboard monstrosities that never hold up. But they will contain things from all over that can be bought as gifts and sit squarely in A&A for us to deal with. :p

Back