MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

I think that's why our STL /ETL LOG ordered storage containers for out back during Q4. They knew we were going to get over-run. Now we have stuff being stored outside in metal storage containers that are locked up tight.
Yeah, we're not actually using those for much. Certainly not for freight.

What about the basics? Why do so much come out in the first place, why does more come out when it's beyond capacity on the floor, and why when researched to stop the incoming tide it turns out the computer already knows the floor is over capacity?
When we first started breakout, we would only send the appropriate amount, and salesfloor team was supposed to backstock the rest (because our genius STL never scheduled me long enough to do it). Well salesfloor never did backstock because they didn't think it was their responsibility either, and our backstock just kept piling up, so our TL told us to just put everything out and the salesfloor team would backstock it when they were done pushing each cart/zbar (which a lot of them still don't do). That's why at our store at least.

Also, a backroom person told me that if you backstock a lot of something, the system sometimes spits all of it back out in the next day's pulls.

Any one get a visit on Friday or Thanksgiving? I really cannot stand these asshats that visit. No matter how hard you try or how hard you work it's never good enough. Glad I wasn't there for it but still feeling bad for those who had to suffer through it.
We've had district people here throughout November...I've seen them push freight and everything...

Ours are definitely "too good" to lift a hand or finger to help. They'd rather shoot our morale out from under us like it's some sort of game. We've lost another TL and are soon to lose another. And the leadership in our store is good. These people are not quitting because of the STL or the ETLs... they're quitting because they're tired of battling the corporate stupidity.

Literally never seen our store be such a mess, we have two TLs that don’t lead the charge, departments don’t get reset anymore so it’s a constant disaster everywhere and the no FR person is working out just as I thought it would.

A lot of guests are unhappy with the remodel because we lost a lot of space.

Stupid to take space from everywhere else to make room for produce when no ones buys the overpriced produce at our store anyway.

Does anyone know if there is an alternative place to transfer softlines overstock other then a store within your own district?

I don't mean a size run here or there. I mean I received about 25+ of each size of the same 2 sweatshirts and a pair of pants. I'm an small format and even in a big store this would be beyond overkill. This is also now the 3rd or 4th time something like this has happened. Way to much of the exact same item, beyond what a business would need or could sale before clearance.

I have already transfer some and committed to keeping some in my backroom, but I have received yet another shipment of the same items with no place to put them.

Help!

Does anyone know if there is an alternative place to transfer softlines overstock other then a store within your own district?

I don't mean a size run here or there. I mean I received about 25+ of each size of the same 2 sweatshirts and a pair of pants. I'm an small format and even in a big store this would be beyond overkill. This is also now the 3rd or 4th time something like this has happened. Way to much of the exact same item, beyond what a business would need or could sale before clearance.

I have already transfer some and committed to keeping some in my backroom, but I have received yet another shipment of the same items with no place to put them.

Help!
We actually had to hang softlines backstock just outside our backroom aisles for quite a long time before the backroom change (maybe everyone did this?). Sometimes we have to use zbars for storage, but that isn’t ideal. I've heard the storage trailers are also for freight, but my store isn't allowed to use them for that apparently. Those are my only ideas.

Help!

Wild fable? This is constantly happening at my store! I just put about 3-4 of each size out and backstock the rest. These items always end up clearance.
I've started salvaging some of it. I dont know what else to do. I'm at a high vol store.

Currently have wild fable hoodies(clearance), I made a convertible with shoulder hangs and just been refilling it as it sells down, since its cold out. Luckily I have extra convertibles to throw into a department for things like this.

Help!

Maybe try tie-ing it to a floor location and adjusting the capacities. I don't know if it'll work in softlines but I know it's worked in hardlines before. It won't help with your current overstock situation but it might limit how much more you receive.

The same thing happened at my store with the Wild Fable dusty rose, olive green and black nubby cardigans that were sold in the fall. We had gobs of them.

The same thing happened at my store with the Wild Fable dusty rose, olive green and black nubby cardigans that were sold in the fall. We had gobs of them.

THOSE DAMN CARDIGANS, lol.

We've been having the same thing with those and other clothes, and we're an ultra high volume/low storage store where anything on a z-rack has to be back stocked off-site- and we're also on the third floor of a building, so having to use one elevator to bring anything and everything up from/down to the trucks makes things that much more complicated. You think they'd plan better, as it's a waste of time and $ trucking all overstock back and forth. SMH.

THOSE DAMN CARDIGANS, lol.

We've been having the same thing with those and other clothes, and we're an ultra high volume/low storage store where anything on a z-rack has to be back stocked off-site- and we're also on the third floor of a building, so having to use one elevator to bring anything and everything up from/down to the trucks makes things that much more complicated. You think they'd plan better, as it's a waste of time and $ trucking all overstock back and forth. SMH.
Those cardigans and now the mens sweaters that have the fake sherpa inside i had to backstock about 3 racks worth of those zip up
hoodies

Gah! Yes it's Wild Fable! What is this? Why are they sending so much out to the stores?? I will try the tie. I have seen that work in hardlines as well. Hopefully that will save me a little. Seems I will just have to suck it up and up hang the rest of what I have now.

We already have kids swim in sadly. I had my vm go ahead and merch it due to it being so full in my backroom. Yesterday we got in toddler girls valentine day leggings and tops.

It's crazy how we barely get ride of product for it to come right back in.

Valentine’s Day stuff can’t be far behind. Provided anyone can actually find it...🙄😂
I saw that yesterday too. Thankfully it wasn't actually for sightlines, it looked like girls' accessories and someone assumed.

Why the hell are we getting stuff so far in advance of the actual season??

Back