MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

Set a few days ago. Lots of people shopping, and plenty of interest. Snow day and Superbowl today though. :(

Ours was set during the week, but I haven't heard anything one way or another about the launch. Now that we can wear denim on weekends, I might need to try some of it out.

Y’all I have been on here in forever... but yes a lot of guests at my store love UT. I didn’t like it at first, but now I’m starting to like it more. It seems to run bigger, because I’m a size down in that brand.

And with the hanger thing, I have a coworker who’s worked in retail for a long time yet she comes here and hangs RTW on a RTW hanger but uses infant size tabs. Even hangs RTW on infant hangers. We’ve told her many times to not do that yet she still does it

Y’all I have been on here in forever... but yes a lot of guests at my store love UT. I didn’t like it at first, but now I’m starting to like it more. It seems to run bigger, because I’m a size down in that brand.

And with the hanger thing, I have a coworker who’s worked in retail for a long time yet she comes here and hangs RTW on a RTW hanger but uses infant size tabs. Even hangs RTW on infant hangers. We’ve told her many times to not do that yet she still does it

I love UT's deeper pockets and fit... but I like high waisted straight and it's not like I have a lot of options in that area for the brand... :p As for the hanger thing, I miss the old guard of 10 years ago. Those ladies wouldn't have been caught dead hanging things on the wrong hangers or using the wrong tabs. Currently we have the same problem with the hangers... operator just not paying attention or caring... using 2T for XL for example ><

For the love of my sanity can someone PLZ get the VMG and Plano people on the same page? (Rhetorical) Setting in AND and I had shirts that were tied to two different POGS (both were new POGs that JUST got set at the same time too) while being located in a third place by VMG pictures that was not associated to either tie. And then the POG listed under that VMG picture was actually tied somewhere else. -_- I could fix it by tying POGs correctly but the way these things are rigged I'd end up tying something where it wasn't really at. I get that SL doesn't need locations to find where to put stuff but it sure makes it easier for SFS and FLEX if the locations could work. I just don't see why Plano and VMG can't be on the same page. *sigh* Especially love it when you look at the Plano online and it says "SEE VMG" and you go to the VMG and it's nowhere to be found.... :p

For the love of my sanity can someone PLZ get the VMG and Plano people on the same page? (Rhetorical) Setting in AND and I had shirts that were tied to two different POGS (both were new POGs that JUST got set at the same time too) while being located in a third place by VMG pictures that was not associated to either tie. And then the POG listed under that VMG picture was actually tied somewhere else. -_- I could fix it by tying POGs correctly but the way these things are rigged I'd end up tying something where it wasn't really at. I get that SL doesn't need locations to find where to put stuff but it sure makes it easier for SFS and FLEX if the locations could work. I just don't see why Plano and VMG can't be on the same page. *sigh* Especially love it when you look at the Plano online and it says "SEE VMG" and you go to the VMG and it's nowhere to be found.... :p

I'm right there with ya' !! We have sooooo many POGs tied to "imaginary" locations ! Ridiculous.

Wow... this week in VMG-Planoland for SL megasux. I have sets I'm missing POGs for and sets I've got multiple POGs for. Like I have 3 different POGs for Neckties and 4 different POGs for Belts (in Men's) and no POG at all for this Goodfellow Denim wall they want me to build although there is one listed in the VMG... no surprise, it's not showing up on TWT. I'm sick and tired of Corporate NOT knowing whether we're HV, LV, or Chain, or A&A 2.0.. I literally have HV, Chain, AND A&A 2.0 POGs for Belts.... make up your F@*$! minds. But seriously, I'd rather tie multiple POGs for the same stupid set than have no POGs at all. -_-

Does anyone know the difference between "Innovation, Chain, and A&A 2.0" ?

Wow... this week in VMG-Planoland for SL megasux. I have sets I'm missing POGs for and sets I've got multiple POGs for. Like I have 3 different POGs for Neckties and 4 different POGs for Belts (in Men's) and no POG at all for this Goodfellow Denim wall they want me to build although there is one listed in the VMG... no surprise, it's not showing up on TWT. I'm sick and tired of Corporate NOT knowing whether we're HV, LV, or Chain, or A&A 2.0.. I literally have HV, Chain, AND A&A 2.0 POGs for Belts.... make up your F@*$! minds. But seriously, I'd rather tie multiple POGs for the same stupid set than have no POGs at all. -_-

If it helps at all...... there's an "update" on Workbench, which includes some of the concerns you're referencing. Update/Screw Up. Potato/Potatoe.

My store is A&A 2.0. We had the big softlines remodel and the new mannequins. I believe innovation has the "baby 360" display. Not sure about the chain type.

NIT maps for VMG this week include: Innovation, Chain, and Baby 360..........My TL told me we were chain but we've had all the A&A 2.0 remodels with mannequins so I thought we'd be Innovation. She said Innovation has NIT basics in the actual NIT dept and not in Baby Hardlines. *shrug*

NIT maps for VMG this week include: Innovation, Chain, and Baby 360..........My TL told me we were chain but we've had all the A&A 2.0 remodels with mannequins so I thought we'd be Innovation. She said Innovation has NIT basics in the actual NIT dept and not in Baby Hardlines. *shrug*

Whoops, I always mix the NIT ones up; the other VMGs are simpler to figure out. The last time I set NIT, my TL and I went with innovation based off the fixture displays. We don't have the "stroller run" that chain has and we don't have the walls for baby 360 that separate it from baby hardlines.

If it helps at all...... there's an "update" on Workbench, which includes some of the concerns you're referencing. Update/Screw Up. Potato/Potatoe.

Didn't really help at all. Basically said, "If you have Wrangler on the wall then set Goodfellows on the wall and move wranglers to convertibles" and "If you don't have wrangler on the walls then leave Goodfellows with the legs on the feature tables"... not a word for word quote but the general idea. We had Wranglers on the back wall so we set as requested... what we didn't have was the POG for the backwall.... >< Need to MySupport that tomorrow cause right now it's super light.

Today was so weird that I not only checked the date (nope, not Friday the 13th) but the phase of the moon (nope, not a full moon).

There was a stack of neatly folded shirts that looked like they were resting on a softball. Unpeeling the layers I found that someone had separated out all the Large shirts, separated out all the XL shirts, taken an XXL shirt, neatly put the XL shirts back at a 45 degree angle, balled up the XXL shirt, and then neatly put the Large shirts on top of the balled up XXL shirt.

Three different times someone had very neatly put a shirt taken from another table on top of a different stack of shirts. Not sloppy, very neatly. A fourth stack of shirts had a folded pair of jeans neatly placed on the bottom of the stack and the stack put back properly.

Three different 4-way racks had a single arm where all the pants on the back half were in a pile on the floor. I can't think of any way of pulling something off one of those racks that would cause several pairs of pants from center all the way back to fall but leave the front half undisturbed. However if it were an obnoxious immature guest, there'd be more on the floor than the back half of a single arm.

One of the mannequins had the right arm removed and laying across the mannequin stand. The other arm was still on, the clothing undisturbed.

Someone had taken 10+ AND slacks that belonged all over (different sizes and styles) and had put them on a bar where they didn't belong, which pushed the clothes that were supposed to be there off. There was a second group of 10+ AND slacks resting on a table nearby. It was as if a TM had been putting away reshop, got distracted by something like a guest or a mess to clean up and put them down, and then forgot about them. Once, easy to do, but twice?

I came back to the fitting room and a guy was modeling a Who What Wear dress for two women with him. Judging from the conversation ("Now I have something to wear this weekend!") it was not a case of a cross dresser or a newly coming out transwoman, it was a joke. And no, he didn't buy it.

Someone had draped three pieces of clothing across the fitting room desk. The hangers were not with the clothes. The hangers were not left in any of the rooms or on the bar. Whoever left the three items apparently really wanted the hangers. All three were Large size, two dresses and a jacket that would complement them, so not likely random reshop.

The sins of my past caught up with me. I was helping a guest, random chatting, and it turned out that she had bought a timeshare from the same exact resort that I worked at. There's a decent possibility that I typed her legal contract and maybe even notarized her signature. I tried to pay penance for those sins by telling her the trade secrets for turning it from a millstone around your neck to consistently good yearly vacations. Not confidential stuff, but stuff that you don't have a chance of figuring out if someone doesn't tell you. Maybe my time in Purgatory over what all I did there will be shortened by a few days.

There was a stack of neatly folded shirts that looked like they were resting on a softball. Unpeeling the layers I found that someone had separated out all the Large shirts, separated out all the XL shirts, taken an XXL shirt, neatly put the XL shirts back at a 45 degree angle, balled up the XXL shirt, and then neatly put the Large shirts on top of the balled up XXL shirt.
I used to find this fairly frequently. I think the guest feel bad that they are not able to fold nicely, so he hides the unfolded shirt.

One of the mannequins had the right arm removed and laying across the mannequin stand. The other arm was still on, the clothing undisturbed.
Probably a kid who was messing around a thinks he broke it, so he ditched it.

Three different 4-way racks had a single arm where all the pants on the back half were in a pile on the floor. I can't think of any way of pulling something off one of those racks that would cause several pairs of pants from center all the way back to fall but leave the front half undisturbed. However if it were an obnoxious immature guest, there'd be more on the floor than the back half of a single arm.
This is almost certainly a kid playing under the racks.

Someone had draped three pieces of clothing across the fitting room desk. The hangers were not with the clothes. The hangers were not left in any of the rooms or on the bar. Whoever left the three items apparently really wanted the hangers. All three were Large size, two dresses and a jacket that would complement them, so not likely random reshop.
A TM found them while zoning, and left them as neatly as possible?

The sins of my past caught up with me. I was helping a guest, random chatting, and it turned out that she had bought a timeshare from the same exact resort that I worked at. There's a decent possibility that I typed her legal contract and maybe even notarized her signature. I tried to pay penance for those sins by telling her the trade secrets for turning it from a millstone around your neck to consistently good yearly vacations. Not confidential stuff, but stuff that you don't have a chance of figuring out if someone doesn't tell you. Maybe my time in Purgatory over what all I did there will be shortened by a few days.
Good for you.

2576DF09-56C3-4143-913E-E9812D11D552.jpeg I was about to bitch about hours, how shitty my store looks and how many Z racks of abandons we have leftover for the past few weeks. Then, I came across this picture at another forum and it made me feel so much better. The store still looks like crap, though.

That's their closet??????

If our closet ever looked half that bad our only chance of not having the entirety of softlines fired would be for the SLETL to pass out when she sees it and for it to vanish by the time she wakes back up and for her to believe that it was all just a bad dream and it never actually existed.

View attachment 4781 I was about to bitch about hours, how shitty my store looks and how many Z racks of abandons we have leftover for the past few weeks. Then, I came across this picture at another forum and it made me feel so much better. The store still looks like crap, though.

Something is clearly wrong at that store. And.... let's be real: it's not the TMs fault. It may be their responsibility, but a mess of that magnitude is not their fault. Either the TL has no management skills, no priorities, no expectations, no follow-thru, or two broken arms herself. Same goes for the SLETL. That is an unacceptable situation. Even 1/2 or 1/4 of that is unacceptable.

That has to have been building up forever. That red shirt right in the front is Universal Threads, but the pink girls' shirt in the back with ruffles has been around since somewhere around Thanksgiving.

That has to have been building up forever. That red shirt right in the front is Universal Threads, but the pink girls' shirt in the back with ruffles has been around since somewhere around Thanksgiving.

Probably the only thing NOT on clearance in that closet is the barely noticeable step-ladder. There may even be an expired TM back there!!!:eek:

What confuses me are the tags and intact packaging. These are items that can go straight onto the floor, no need to tag or rewrap.

Hate to say it, but I have seen worse. They are short racks and not full z's, at least. I have come in to a dozen unsorted carts, 6 full z's, 4 full rolling racks, and 6 sorted 3 tiers. Wanted to die.

There's always a silver lining..... I suppose ! ;)

Back