MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

That's their closet??????

If our closet ever looked half that bad our only chance of not having the entirety of softlines fired would be for the SLETL to pass out when she sees it and for it to vanish by the time she wakes back up and for her to believe that it was all just a bad dream and it never actually existed.

Lol.. other than the old stuff and the fact that rtw and ladies swim are in there, this kinda looks like my store's "closet" area. Rtw and swim are on real z-racks outside rn.

It didn't used to be this bad. Idk about that store, but my store is in the middle of remodel and everyone hates softlines so they're down by like 6 people. A few years ago, pics of my store were posted on here from Twitter and people were impressed... And I thought the pics showed a bad day for us. I don't think we'll keep TMs because the current state of the department makes it seem like there's way too much involved in working sl. It's hard to see that it can be better at this point.

I mean they've fallen so far. I'm now Starbucks but since sl is short I do 1-3 sl shifts per week lately

Lol.. other than the old stuff and the fact that rtw and ladies swim are in there, this kinda looks like my store's "closet" area. Rtw and swim are on real z-racks outside rn.

It didn't used to be this bad. Idk about that store, but my store is in the middle of remodel and everyone hates softlines so they're down by like 6 people. A few years ago, pics of my store were posted on here from Twitter and people were impressed... And I thought the pics showed a bad day for us. I don't think we'll keep TMs because the current state of the department makes it seem like there's way too much involved in working sl. It's hard to see that it can be better at this point.

I mean they've fallen so far. I'm now Starbucks but since sl is short I do 1-3 sl shifts per week lately

Only 6 TMs in A&A ??? During End-to-End???? During Modernization and Upselling?????? During a REMODEL ???????? Holy Hell !!!! They'll never bounce-back !!!! OMG..... they're lucky to have you helping each week !!!

Sorry let me reword. I was out of it when I was typing that. 6 people have left the dept and need to be replaced. And because of the remodel some of our dayside team is working overnights moving things around and such. They don't push any reshop though.

Wait... Actually taking that into account there really is only about a team of 6 that actually pushes reshop and the daily push. It seems we're still getting trucks every weekday.

It's so crazy and overwhelming how bad the dept looks now.

Has anyone set their thong/bikini convertible? My pog team is struggling to display all products?

Are you talking panty bins or something more like the seamless underwear pog? When I moved the seamless pog I had fit issues so I doubled up on the tan & black on a couple of the styles. Everything else, including panty bins was set more like a vmg rather than planogrammed space so much easier to flex.

Are you talking panty bins or something more like the seamless underwear pog? When I moved the seamless pog I had fit issues so I doubled up on the tan & black on a couple of the styles. Everything else, including panty bins was set more like a vmg rather than planogrammed space so much easier to flex.

Well, my softlines TL doesn't want them in bins, folded, or stacked with multiple dpcis per stack. They wanted each dpci to be represented laid flat on the shelf....clearly wasn't going to work.. We had to add a few shelves and still double on sizes ( stacking xs with s and s,m,l together) I'll see what they say in a few hours

Well, my softlines TL doesn't want them in bins, folded, or stacked with multiple dpcis per stack. They wanted each dpci to be represented laid flat on the shelf....clearly wasn't going to work.. We had to add a few shelves and still double on sizes ( stacking xs with s and s,m,l together) I'll see what they say in a few hours

Wait. They want an individual stack for each size of each style? That's the goal? That's too damn much

Yep.... 4 shelves. Xs, s, m, and large. 16 dpcis per shelf. Not happening

The direction we were given (from our district VML) was to flat stack panties and fan out the sizes within each stack. I kept all of ours in the bins, each style/color in its own bin, just like before but stacked flat with each size visible. I even still used the label strips....cut up because I didn't follow the pog for any of them as they are mostly cross-merchandised with matching bras.

Loose panties are a nightmare. I can detail zone the entirety of RTW faster than I can figure out the panties. Is this particular pair hipster or bikini? Does this particular lace pattern belong to these lace black thongs or those lace black thongs. And the paper tag dpci tends to have the retaining stitch covering a couple of numbers, and that makes black lace even harder to figure out the right spot.

I'm getting super fed up with how some TMs at my store are pushing truck. I keep finding entire sets completely in the wrong area. Like, a full stack of bright pink girls shirts in boys. Or a mixed pile of girls shorts in toddler girls. It's one thing not to follow the VMG, but if you're literally just tossing stuff from the metros onto the tables without paying attention, you need to gtfo because you're making everyone else's jobs harder and I'm not getting paid to clean up after you. /rant

I'm getting super fed up with how some TMs at my store are pushing truck. I keep finding entire sets completely in the wrong area. Like, a full stack of bright pink girls shirts in boys. Or a mixed pile of girls shorts in toddler girls. It's one thing not to follow the VMG, but if you're literally just tossing stuff from the metros onto the tables without paying attention, you need to gtfo because you're making everyone else's jobs harder and I'm not getting paid to clean up after you. /rant

Thank you for posting that. Now I'm not going to be quite so aggravated when the sleepwear that looks like sweats ends up in RTW (repeatedly), an entire stack of bikini loose panties end up in the hipster bin that has the same fabric print, and baby pear juice is filled to capacity in the right spot and the apple juice's spot. At least those are more subtle than pink shirts in boys and regular sizes in infant/toddlers.

I think the newer TMs in my store sometimes in order to look like they're working faster just put as much as possible onto whichever arms are light. They're not paying attention to brand separation or themes or whatever. I find arms with multiple brands, PJs, t-shirts all together... And it's annoying because I can't just leave it. I don't have that bone that allows me to do that lol.

Besides most of the leaders won't notice and then they think the amount of time and the people we have are capable of doing more than is actually possible. Then their expectations become more and more ridiculous.

I used to like working in softlines.

While I was folding tables today a woman was browsing a table I had already folded. I had to move my smart cart a little to give her room, after that she was standing right next to my cart. She grabbed a shirt and unfolded it and held it up. I'll admit I didn't want the table to get messy just minutes after finishing it, and when I saw that she was folding the shirts into quarters to put it back down I said "Hey, could you just toss it into my cart if you're not getting it?" She glared at me, and there was a definite pause before she let go of the shirt. When she did let go of it, she tossed it into a shopping cart a few feet away that was holding some folded push that still had to be placed, not my cart that was right next to her. Wtf? Why is it a crime to ask someone to drop it into a cart they are inches from when they decide they don't want it?

And, I mean, you were TALKING to her. You, a mere retail drone.

The nerve!

(that was sarcasm. too lazy to figure out how to do the sarcasm font)

I am convinced that the SL myTime allocations are inaccurate for Style E2E processes. Stores are getting the necessary payroll, but they have to completely rewrite their myTime allocation to achieve what the company expects. I’m telling you it’s possible bc my team is now delivering on expectations once we rewrote the allocation from top to bottom. The teams are happier and tasks are getting done and payroll is allowing teams to focus on service. MyTime generated allocations just don’t work in this new environment.

Disclaimer: we had to look at how we staffed every workcenter to get the necessary payroll to style. Basically modernized the entire store. But it’s working so far!

OK all,
I looked at the new schedule posted and saw they scheduled me for Fra training for an hour on a sunday.
At first I wasn't sure what that was, so I came on here to see .
Now, my question is, what exactly am I training for?, bit confused because I am normally in Beauty.

Amazing looking back at the beginning of this thread and how much things have changed in SL. It's like we thought we had it bad back then and now.... egads... there just are NO words. -_-

So, Men's Basics reset.... more proof that the VMG and Plano teams do NOT talk to one another at all. VMG tells us to move the back set of three movable walls into the rest of the men's floorpad for these "cluster" set ups and replace that back row in basics with three convertibles. Then the Plano team writes the plano for that back row as if it's still 3 movable walls. You cannot fit FIVE rows on a convertible! So sick and tired of this lack of communication between these two teams and having to jury-rig pogs just to make them work because they don't know how to talk to one another. -_-

Back