MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

We've got one. I wish there was a lock on the wheels though, when it's next to a wall and hangers are on it if someone pushes the side without the basket tight against the wall the hanging clothes get all messed up.

We got three about three months ago and as of now we are not allowed to use them period. They were take away and how no racks at all at fr

Not for labels.
They are in the shoe department, in all of the main valleys on each 4ft section. They hold the 3x3 fact tags and brand tags. They are larger than label holders.

Can't remember the exact name but I would try searching "shoes fact tag label holder" or some combination similar on SAP. There is a 3 ft and 4 ft version available.

We got three about three months ago and as of now we are not allowed to use them period. They were take away and how no racks at all at fr

Same here. Ours is just sitting in the fixture room, which makes no sense since they won’t even let us have someone at the fitting room desk anymore.

So now we are expected to keep the fitting room desk clear without someone working the unwanteds. ...how?

We have to stop every 15 to 20 mins and grab reshop from gs and then clean the fr desk and the rooms. We are expected to do this between truck backup and zoning. The best part is homecoming is happening over this weekend so our fr exploded as predicted but us worthless old timers. We ended up with the three white racks appearing until we could get it all clean again. Then we pushed truck till close while doing pickups. Add to that the two MASSSIVE recoveries an hour before close and last night was a lovely pre holiday shit run. Now if you will pardon me I need to take the next 3 months off.

So many stores just need a reset button...Do over please! I dunno if anyone here is around me, but everything many of y'all are saying totally explains why most of the sales floors around me look like a tornado swept through...almost like its constantly Easter, BTS, BTC, Tax-Free, Black Friday, Weekend before Xmas, Xmas Eve, Mother's Day and Halloween combined. I've never seen the sales floor look so rough. I can only imagine what the backrooms look like!

Last edited:
Lovely big corporate visit today and we did the worst we've ever done and our poor STL got reamed. So as this crap rolls down hill it means we get to see more of our lovely DTL for only the good Lord knows how long before we're left alone again. I don't know about you but it is getting impossible to work in this mess.

We're supposed to magically have the floor zoned, the truck pushed, AND the VMGs done as well as the backstock and the gobacks and *smile and help all the guests* and get it all done in one day. Really? I mean I know the "expect more pay less" mantra was all about us employees but it gets worse every year.

It's not that I don't want to conform to their "lovely" ideas but I'm at a loss for how to do it. Today we got THREE full carts from returns from the front, I kid you not. We're not even talking about guests trying on clothes. How the hell are you supposed to make that stuff go away and NOT hang around the desk? I have to spend the first 2 hours helping break out the hanging for the truck and then I'm cut loose to my zone. I take the truck zracks with me for my areas and do what I can to zone while I push the racks. Then I grab my gobacks from the fitting room and push them. By that time I have to go to lunch. Then I come back and TRY to do something that's needed in my area before I go back for my folded metro push. But I don't understand HOW under that taxing routine one is supposed to do the VMG. HOW? srsly...... And add into that tending the fitting room every time it's needed? Then what about those who call off and leave us hanging in every other way imaginable? I will be surprised if we don't lose every TM by the end of 4th quarter as they struggle to make sense of it all.

Is this MESS working in any store? Anyone out there actually succeeding?

Ohhhhhhhh..... well we only have one and if we don't help her break out the hanging she is not able to finish the truck. Since there are supposed to be 2 of them doing it at all times, I am the one who gets to help with the hanging part.

Oh, ok. I hope your store leadership is trying to get someone else for the breakout because that's rough af.

No joke my onhand count for rainboots coming in are 16 pairs of a size. I'm going crazy. There isn't even room in backstock for all this anymore because autos are so far behind lol.
My heart goes out to you. Same with our backroom: Shoes is as overcrowded as it is on the floor. As Shoe person, it feels like a loop of stuff that goes nowhere.

Bad corporate visit means surprise visits from the DTL. It sux when you've got your groove on and you're rolling through truck like a boss but suddenly you gotta stop because SHE walks in and then all the wheels come grinding to a halt. I really don't have to explain this scenario to most of you as you've been there. But this has been one CRAP-tastic week. I am so tired and I logged over 100K steps. -_-

Question to those of you with the 2.0 remodel and the new remodel of the softlines side of the backroom. What if anything are you allowed to store on the shelf above the hanging? I mean in a four foot section where you have hanging bars for clothes... and up on top around the ladder track there's a shelf. We had placed shoes there by dept. So boys shoes above boy's section and girls shoes above girl's section and so forth. The DTL just informed us we can't do that. We have such a TINY backroom that all these particulars are getting downright stupid. Just wondered if anyone else was having the same problem.

Question to those of you with the 2.0 remodel and the new remodel of the softlines side of the backroom. What if anything are you allowed to store on the shelf above the hanging? I mean in a four foot section where you have hanging bars for clothes... and up on top around the ladder track there's a shelf. We had placed shoes there by dept. So boys shoes above boy's section and girls shoes above girl's section and so forth. The DTL just informed us we can't do that. We have such a TINY backroom that all these particulars are getting downright stupid. Just wondered if anyone else was having the same problem.

We have all shoes in one section except men’s. Which sucks because there’s barely room for the shoes as it is, and with giant winter boots coming in, it will only get worse.

We were told that nothing is to be on the shelves above hanging. Initially, we only had one aisle for shoes, but had to expand to another half of an aisle because we were scrambling for space.

But, we are blessed with a rather large backroom.

Back