MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

We still have shorts on clearance, but yet we just got 2 z racks full of kids swimwear and we started getting goodfellow shorts last week.
We still have swimsuits on clearance, including one particular top and bottom that aren't on clearance but put there because there's nowhere else.

42 size small grey flannel pajama bottoms? are you kidding me? it was like the DC just dumped on us hard and since it's all liability it had to go out... I now have like almost 4 shoulder hangs of flannel pajama bottoms in women's sleep and had to upstock all the summer/lighter stuff to make room for it. looks like they sent a lot of men's flannel pajama pants as well.... so terribly annoyed....not like we're a big store either. -_-

42 size small grey flannel pajama bottoms? are you kidding me? it was like the DC just dumped on us hard and since it's all liability it had to go out... I now have like almost 4 shoulder hangs of flannel pajama bottoms in women's sleep and had to upstock all the summer/lighter stuff to make room for it. looks like they sent a lot of men's flannel pajama pants as well.... so terribly annoyed....not like we're a big store either. -_-

I just dont put it out when this happens. Even when it hits clearance, I ticket it all.. have maybe 10 out and team keeps an eye to refill it. Would this not fly at your store?

Its not driving any sales forcing it all out. Sleep is currently Bogo and I know my guests are more likely to take advantage of that sale with a wider selection to choose from. Not arms & arms of the same item.

I'm lucky my stl listens to me when I speak to my business on these kind of things.

I just dont put it out when this happens. Even when it hits clearance, I ticket it all.. have maybe 10 out and team keeps an eye to refill it. Would this not fly at your store?

Its not driving any sales forcing it all out. Sleep is currently Bogo and I know my guests are more likely to take advantage of that sale with a wider selection to choose from. Not arms & arms of the same item.

I'm lucky my stl listens to me when I speak to my business on these kind of things.

Best practice is to get all liability out of the stockroom. Few people atm are buying valentine's day short/camisole sets or sleeveless nighties. Our "get the liability out of the br" is coming from the DTL, not the STL. The only thing I upstocked were the summer sets and very thin pj bottoms. There is still a wide variety on the floor. But I get what you're saying.

Oh ok, I'm in a hot climate so my guests are always buying those lol.

Leadership in my district says best practice doesn't exist anymore 🤣

Getting down in the 30s here at night even though it's 60s in the day time. We don't get snow but we get frost ... brrr. I think if I was in a hot climate and they sent me this many flannel pj bottoms I'd be even more tempted to box them up and mail them back. -_- heh (not that we can do that but man would it be great). We've had TMs questioning whether we can send stuff to other stores in the district. Never heard of that but someone swears that one of the stores they worked for sent swimwear to a 'hub' store to get rid of it.

Getting down in the 30s here at night even though it's 60s in the day time. We don't get snow but we get frost ... brrr. I think if I was in a hot climate and they sent me this many flannel pj bottoms I'd be even more tempted to box them up and mail them back. -_- heh (not that we can do that but man would it be great). We've had TMs questioning whether we can send stuff to other stores in the district. Never heard of that but someone swears that one of the stores they worked for sent swimwear to a 'hub' store to get rid of it.

2 stores around me get 1/2 the freight I do.. if this was a thing... I'd be all over it!!

Just got word my store is getting project lace (high scope!). Has anyone here gotten this? Curious about the impact on sales

I think I'm just going to shoot myself if I am assigned to shoes again.

First, a guest wanted a pair that we had in the back. Easy peasy, there was only one pair in the back and it had a location. As I was getting that pair another softlines TM was getting something else and as I was grabbing the shoes and telling the computer they were removed she was super surprised and said "They were located? Shoes aren't supposed to be located, we don't do that anymore, they are like hanging clothes."

Later on I had to grab all of one style of shoes out of the back (fortunately our shoe backstock is a lot less than our hanging backstock). Roughly half the shoes had a location, the other half didn't. Another softlines TM was there and I asked if she knew why were half the shoes not located and half were. Her response - "Because people are being lazy and just putting shit wherever."

Due to the 50/50 split it's not one person being different, it's several. And due to the 50/50 split I don't know which group is right. And due to the 50/50 split I truly dread having to find stuff the my device says is not in the backroom but doesn't appear to be on the floor, and I dread having to find shoes in the backroom when we get a bunch in.

You should be allowed to transfer softlines freight to other stores. Thankfully I trained at one store and supported another store so I was able to build a good line of communication with the SL-ETL's. Even without that it doesn't hurt to reach out if you see their floor is light or you have a connection that informed you their fright is low.

It's helps as well because even if your stores are not that far apart, what does well at one store may not move at another. It's allows us to support or trade.

Maybe my district is unique in that way. But it doesn't hurt to ask. With the way they have sent fright lately there is no way I would have any type of space in my backroom or sales floor without transfers.

Now for the super over stock I still think we need a DC transfer back. X amount of one item should permit us to ask to send it back. We shouldn't be obligated to keep them in our stockroom collecting dust.

I think I'm just going to shoot myself if I am assigned to shoes again.

First, a guest wanted a pair that we had in the back. Easy peasy, there was only one pair in the back and it had a location. As I was getting that pair another softlines TM was getting something else and as I was grabbing the shoes and telling the computer they were removed she was super surprised and said "They were located? Shoes aren't supposed to be located, we don't do that anymore, they are like hanging clothes."

Later on I had to grab all of one style of shoes out of the back (fortunately our shoe backstock is a lot less than our hanging backstock). Roughly half the shoes had a location, the other half didn't. Another softlines TM was there and I asked if she knew why were half the shoes not located and half were. Her response - "Because people are being lazy and just putting shit wherever."

Due to the 50/50 split it's not one person being different, it's several. And due to the 50/50 split I don't know which group is right. And due to the 50/50 split I truly dread having to find stuff the my device says is not in the backroom but doesn't appear to be on the floor, and I dread having to find shoes in the backroom when we get a bunch in.
Shoes not being located in the back room is news to me. I don't see what purpose that would serve since we pull autos for that department regularly..

And 42 mediums came in today to go with the 42 smalls and he 42 larges..... clearly the stupid buyers OVER BOUGHT this crap. What I'd like to see is stores having autonomy to do sales for overstocked product. In other words instead of BOGO half off sleep we should be able to say HALF off these flannel pants.. that would get some of them out of the door. -_-

They were busy folding at a couple of tables in my store this week.
Today one of the district guys was helping in RTW this weekend. I totally appreciated it, but it was like seeing a dog walk on its hind legs and speak English. Just not something you'd expect. He's either the logistics district guy or the PMBP (I'm honestly just not sure about the majority of their official titles), so it was just really stinking weird.

So only softlines have to answer zebra calls at my store. Is it like that at anyone else's stores? It's stupid. We don't have enough for anyone and flow/inbound/SFS/etc. get first pick, so then all the calls just get bounced back to the FR anyway which is especially great when no one is scheduled back there. I don't understand why other sales floor TMs can't answer calls. Most of them are for hardlines anyway. We're technically able to call someone in hardlines over walkie and transfer it to them but that's seems so unnecessary, not to mention no one responds half the time anyway. I'm sick of being expected to do all this work that has nothing to do with my department and then being yelled at for not finishing everything on time. No one is expected to lift a finger for softlines, but god forbid we ask that the rest of the team help even a little, we're told to just get over it and deal with it.

So only softlines have to answer zebra calls at my store. Is it like that at anyone else's stores? It's stupid. We don't have enough for anyone and flow/inbound/SFS/etc. get first pick, so then all the calls just get bounced back to the FR anyway which is especially great when no one is scheduled back there. I don't understand why other sales floor TMs can't answer calls. Most of them are for hardlines anyway. We're technically able to call someone in hardlines over walkie and transfer it to them but that's seems so unnecessary, not to mention no one responds half the time anyway. I'm sick of being expected to do all this work that has nothing to do with my department and then being yelled at for not finishing everything on time. No one is expected to lift a finger for softlines, but god forbid we ask that the rest of the team help even a little, we're told to just get over it and deal with it.
All SF is signed in to answer the phone at my store.

Right now, only softlines answers at my store. Eventually, I'd like Beauty to be, at least, logged in to the app to answer their parked calls. Electronics is pretty good at picking up their calls, luckily. It would've been awesome to have the Toys & Seasonal TMs logged on, but they don't take any of their calls as it is now, so whatevs.

I don’t understand the concept of keeping softlines as operator anymore. My store did away with FR shifts, and all of softlines must be logged into the phone app and answer calls. At this point, why not have all SFTMs answer calls? I’d say only 10% of the calls my store receives are softlines questions anyway, and we are certainly no less busy than anyone in hardlines.

Back