MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

My team has been for a year.

Oh wow. That is the one thing TMs don’t do at our store.

Any other "no scope" stores out there for the intimates reset next week? We are a "no scope" and they apologized for "oops-ing" and not giving us a map for our situation. So we get a map and then the POGs are all weird. First time I've had to set a "B" POG in softlines. Only place we ever saw those was in baby hardlines. ><

Yeah, we just rearranged the fixtures as best we could and plopped the bras on to fill the space. I’m not sure why they thought launching a new brand with the same old fixtures would do anything for sales / “market share” eyeroll

What is "no scope"?

Means we're not getting the fancy fixtures or neat drawers that other stores are getting in the remodel of intimates. Instead we keep the same fixtures and nothing changes except the product we put on them. The POGs are kind of half assed in their presentation but we'll make them work.

speaking of amplified gifting I'm having a hell of a time trying to push this shit to the white fixtures because the pog for most of them is set extra zany. Same for Valentines and Christmas too. Reminds me that last year around the beginning of Q4 I asked leadership and VM four hundred and twenty times for a map of where each one is at in the store but never got it, or found out if it exists, nothing. I most definitely do not have the time to be amateur cartographer and voyage around the entire store to map it out myself, so if it's located "H05" or "Z04", wherever the hell that is, it's getting dumped into a repack.

Dear corporate asshats, it's NOT a revision if I have to add a row to 7 sections of wall, completely rebuild it, and replace all the labels. -_- Also, to anyone whose store tends to leave revisions undone... you'll need to do the revisions in men's basics.... at least the wall where your socks are located. sigh

Yep. What does your VM do if TMs are doing the VMG?

Criticizes the work that the TL and TMs do in SL, goes on break with every single SL TM, one at a time, and claims to be "working" during all that time offstage.
Meanwhile, some of the mannequins still have sweaters and valentines stuff on them and all the lights point into empty space.

Dear corporate asshats, it's NOT a revision if I have to add a row to 7 sections of wall, completely rebuild it, and replace all the labels. -_- Also, to anyone whose store tends to leave revisions undone... you'll need to do the revisions in men's basics.... at least the wall where your socks are located. sigh

Damn that wall! Too many peghooks and not enough space and so much confusion with Pair of Thieves. Now I have to go back in tomorrow and tweak the peg hooks and combine socks JUST to make it hang right. -_-

two weeks ago, our TL told us we have to spend at least 2 hrs to zone our department when we come in, call for validation, push truck, and then we are able to do other projects. how am i suppose to do that when i have to push both boys' and girls' truck AND help out with reshop because i come into work around peak time. also how is that possible in a 5 hr shift? i haven't been able to finish truck ever since and now my TL seems upset every time i tell her i can't finish it. we also have to zone and be validated before we leave for the day. i don't like leaving my work unfinished so it kind of bums me out, but i don't know what else there is to do.

two weeks ago, our TL told us we have to spend at least 2 hrs to zone our department when we come in, call for validation, push truck, and then we are able to do other projects. how am i suppose to do that when i have to push both boys' and girls' truck AND help out with reshop because i come into work around peak time. also how is that possible in a 5 hr shift? i haven't been able to finish truck ever since and now my TL seems upset every time i tell her i can't finish it. we also have to zone and be validated before we leave for the day. i don't like leaving my work unfinished so it kind of bums me out, but i don't know what else there is to do.

What do you mean by "validated"?

This happened after switching from 3 sizes back to two.

I’m wondering whose gonna backstock all that.

Captain Obvious here.....with SFS picking the hanging off the sales floor and ....say heavier weekend traffic in store...quantities of 2 of each size makes for a lot of time consuming runs to the BackStock and Overstock areas to get items for guests. That being said, only if they don't just order it online or leave without purchasing anything.

Captain Obvious here.....with SFS picking the hanging off the sales floor and ....say heavier weekend traffic in store...quantities of 2 of each size makes for a lot of time consuming runs to the BackStock and Overstock areas to get items for guests. That being said, only if they don't just order it online or leave without purchasing anything.

Oh. My. Goodness. Yes. I’m running to our backstock so often to get items for guests. It’s either no sizes on the floor, or too many of 1 size because someone didn’t want to backstock them, which then causes the next person to backstock the other sizes because there’s no room.

They’re making us go through all of the brands to utilize the new “edging” pants folding and hanging technique. This shit is tacky as hell

New to target. Only had a few shifts but haven’t been trained at all on the floor. Only got trained as a cashier and then just thrown on the floor. I’ve been left alone both shifts I’ve had on the floor and I’m completely lost. Wondering if anyone has specific tips that could help? I’ve been in RTW both times and it’s been just me trying to do reshop, cleaning up the floor, and watching the fitting rooms. Feel bad for the person after me because since I don’t know where anything goes the amount of reshop left at the end of shift is terrible.

Back