MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

We have not received a tool for the new hangers. They suck, BTW. Has anyone else noticed how the two-piece pajama hangers just break right off? Terrible. One of the first things I noticed when I started with this company was how bad the hangers are, and these new ones are actually worse, all of them. Doesn't anyone test these things before signing off on them? Half the reason that half of our stock ends up on the floor is because of the terrible hangers and bad fixtures.

We have not received a tool for the new hangers. They suck, BTW. Has anyone else noticed how the two-piece pajama hangers just break right off? Terrible. One of the first things I noticed when I started with this company was how bad the hangers are, and these new ones are actually worse, all of them. Doesn't anyone test these things before signing off on them? Half the reason that half of our stock ends up on the floor is because of the terrible hangers and bad fixtures.

Yep and we don't have enough of the clips that you hang over two hangers to join them together. We end up putting the tops and bottoms on new hangers and then rubber banding them together. Yes, they are absolutely the worst hangers ever... they come in off the truck with half of them broken at least.

I was excited when I saw the new hangers until I used them. Nice looking but absolute garbage. So far we have not gotten the new tab removers or extra hangers as promised.

Also they do absolutely nothing to keep the clothes on. Those sleep tops with the 5-foot neck openings fall off if you so much as look at them. I'm so glad that stupid Rolling Stones pajama set is gone. We had to repack basically all of them because the tops wouldn't stay on and would inevitably get lost.

Last edited:
Is there a part number for the old size tab removal tool? We had a huge box of them that was tossed during our remodel and now have one left. I’d like to get more or figure out a way around it since nobody seems to give a shit except me that the size on the hanger actually matches the garment.

There’s no part # on the tool itself but it says this:
PLASTI-FORM
1-800-HANGER-4
CRT-1

Hope this helps

Flat tip screwdriver works for the old hangers too. Lay the hanger with the little white locking tab up, slide the tip of the screwdriver between bottom of tab and hanger, twist the screwdriver. It's just enough force to move the tab over the little locking white piece without damage. That trick can even remove the size tabs off the old intimate hangers without breaking them.

Yep and we don't have enough of the clips that you hang over two hangers to join them together. We end up putting the tops and bottoms on new hangers and then rubber banding them together. Yes, they are absolutely the worst hangers ever... they come in off the truck with half of them broken at least.

There are replacement connector thingies, although I know nothing about ordering them.

Is there a part number for the old size tab removal tool? We had a huge box of them that was tossed during our remodel and now have one left. I’d like to get more or figure out a way around it since nobody seems to give a shit except me that the size on the hanger actually matches the garment.
Not sure about the part number but I get you. I feel the same way and the one we have remaining people keep hiding. It's like, leave the darn thing on the shelf next to the tabs and stop moving it! -_- Has anyone received a tool for removing the tabs on the new hangers? A part number for that would be good as well.
lol The last time I saw one of those was monthsss ago. At my store we just pull on the tab until they give and come off which usually messes up the hanger or the tab. Can’t really do that on the new hangers though😒 some of my coworkers get frustrated at how hard it is to take the tab off the new hangers that they don’t even try anymore and just put it on the wrong size.

Here is the link to the VMG online:

http://targetstore.actonservice.com/acton/fs/blocks/showLandingPage/a/15648/p/p-0050/t/page/fm/0

If you have an apple phone there is an app for the VMG. Unfortunately they didn't make one for android so the link above will give you the landing page. I find the more familiar I am with a department the faster I am at working it. I had a coworker say "dang you're fast!" yesterday when I was pushing in my area. When you zone it and push truck and take care of the department you do get faster over time. Do know that when you are brand new, no one should expect you to be as fast as your co-workers who have been there for awhile. It does take time to learn. Since most days there isn't time to make an overall perfect zone, I tend to rotate my focus. I work in men's and today I decided it was past time to get the chino wall and tables sorted and aligned. Then I basically touched up noticeable areas. Tomorrow I want to fix the Haggar/Dickies folded. If you change your focus every shift and touch up the rest then over time you should see the zone improve. Granted this depends on how many hours you are actually given and if your cohorts actually care to work with you instead of against you or not at all.

There’s an apple app for the VMG? Interesting. Can you advise what to search for in the App Store?

Hey hows everyones breakout process going with the repacks off the truck? Were behind so bad..they only have 2 people scheduled from 630-1130 and they can never finish..we just get soooo many repacks its ridiculous and pallets of clothing that has to be hung🙄😭

Honestly, we used to have one sorter who could manage 90% of the time on her own. Since modernization, we were required to have 2. Now, they both kick ass and end up with enough time left over to help the push. I know this is not standard, but we are really fortunate.

With this new DBO method (not going so well at my store, especially in softlines), if there is a callout, then TMs are refusing to do another area's work. Zone 5 calls out and you want Zone 9 to do 9 plus 5. Nope. Stay later? No, you HR wrote the schedule like this and if you only want one closer, well then this is what you get.

There is a definite lack of teamwork now as everyone is fending for themselves.

Direction we got was you leave it for the DBO 's next shift. It's the accountability piece. Makes it difficult for break out team when z racks and metros are full.

I have only been with Target since November. I was hired seasonal but put on permanent in January. I work in the softline breakout. I received every little training and was just thrown into the whole thing. I was just wondering how big your truck shipment is, how you have your area set up and any little hints to make it go faster. We are getting slammed right now and it is a nightmare; I don't think we will ever get caught up. Today I spent most of the day unpacking Vineyard Vine items. I was also informed today that Target thinks we should be able to unpack and hang or fold eight repacks an hour. Any input is appreciated..

Last edited:
We lay 5 pallets down and sort them by 'zone'. We work zone 16 first which is hanging. Zs are set up in a horseshoe shaped formation. Hanging in general is very quick. We then look to see which metros are available. In general someone will start on one zone usually women's (think its14) and the other on a 2nd one so they are not tripping over each other. When metros are full and we've come to a stopping point the breakout team goes home and an email gets sent to ETL and TL of softlines copy to GMETL and SD as to avoid ' The you have to get caught up on your breakout conversations' . now the powers that be can hold the SL team accountable when there are no metros to use rather than blaming OUteam for not getting break out done.

Soooo they added autofills to our "to do" list and RFID has gone back to being weekly. Can we cram any more work into a shift? I don't get how we're supposed to come in at 8am and zone our area and do our autofills all before 9am and then start truck push. Plus we get yelled at all through the day by the front lanes "softlines, come get your go backs" and right before noon the GE gets on the walkie and goes "all departments do your PVCs!" Most days I feel very scatterbrained. -_-

Soooo they added autofills to our "to do" list and RFID has gone back to being weekly. Can we cram any more work into a shift? I don't get how we're supposed to come in at 8am and zone our area and do our autofills all before 9am and then start truck push. Plus we get yelled at all through the day by the front lanes "softlines, come get your go backs" and right before noon the GE gets on the walkie and goes "all departments do your PVCs!" Most days I feel very scatterbrained. -_-

This!!!! I just want them to show me at which store did this or is this working? Send a video out that I can show my team because at this moment it's all going down and fast. The whole store by end of next month is going to be newbies because whenever any of the current experienced Tms have anything to say oh it's their being negative write them up and performance them out the store! I have had it I'm so sick of them shoving all this crap at people knowing good ans damn well it is not do-able.

Throw out the idea to have your breakout team do autofills. Ours pull it before starting so it's guarunteed to be pulled on time and they sort it to the proper vehicle for when dbos arrive.

So my store just decided to make it so the closing FR person is now responsible for doing ALL of the softlines reshop. As in for every section. Even on weekends. I'm about to kms here. I was going to look for a new job at the end of the summer but I'm honestly trying to get out ASAP now. What a load of bull.

So my store just decided to make it so the closing FR person is now responsible for doing ALL of the softlines reshop. As in for every section. Even on weekends. I'm about to kms here. I was going to look for a new job at the end of the summer but I'm honestly trying to get out ASAP now. What a load of bull.

It feels like they want you to fail here. Jesus that's too much...

That would definitely not fly at my store since FR is only scheduled 11a-7p on weekdays. Even on the weekends, no TMs are scheduled past 11, which is when we close. We're rolling at least 2 Z's of just RTW/Swim nightly.

Load of bull is right 🙄

We rotate FR duties. Front lanes shouts "Softlines, come get your go backs" and someone goes up and collects and goes back to the fitting room to sort, fold, hang.... then returns to the floor. Next shout is a different person to do the same thing. You push go backs for your assigned area while the truck is being broke then you push truck.... whole zone as you go crap. We're all supposed to keep an eye on the FR to make sure it doesn't go bonkers from guests trying on things... But it's nuts. If you aren't good at multi-tasking you are so doomed. Doomed, I say. Srsly, I'm functioning but a multi-tasker I am not. -_-

Back