MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

Is that a remodel store? Ours had that sketchy liquor store floor going on during that. The worst was under the market gondolas.

Oh I would be all for a compactor party, but I also know how our Leaders sound on the walkie and that’s exactly what they would say if they saw that 🙄😂

Lordy Lordy what a day. I barely left the fitting room even though we're not supposed to have an attendant on duty. School's out for the summer so people are trying on tons of swim wear and summer dresses and what not. It was all I could do to keep up with it.... and of course we have a truck on what is typically a non truck day. Not sure how we're going to get through this week. >< Certainly not helping that it's over 100 degrees outside.

Huddle today.... apparently we need to be upselling in our departments and helping people find the right size so they take less to the fitting room and in the end we have less reshop to put back. :rolleyes: So, how many of you are up for a Style Consultant telling you what size to bring back to the fitting room to try on? I mean how would you respond to someone picking out your sizes for you? I just can't.... I think that's the most invasive thing I've heard so far. Not sure if that's a corporate idea or just off the top of the ETLs head.

Huddle today.... apparently we need to be upselling in our departments and helping people find the right size so they take less to the fitting room and in the end we have less reshop to put back. :rolleyes: So, how many of you are up for a Style Consultant telling you what size to bring back to the fitting room to try on? I mean how would you respond to someone picking out your sizes for you? I just can't.... I think that's the most invasive thing I've heard so far. Not sure if that's a corporate idea or just off the top of the ETLs head.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, there'll be less reshop to put away....because the guests will shove whatever they have in your arms and walk out, therefore not grabbing other clothes off racks/tables they would have wanted to try on, liked, and bought. 💸

Absolutely ridiculous. I have guests come to the fitting room with cartfuls of stuff...the average shopper does not want a sales associate walking around with them picking out things. Target is just not that type of store. Plus, some guests wear their clothes tighter or looser than others, so guessing sizes is not going to work. I don't understand what they are thinking. As someone who has shopped for decades in all kinds of stores, the beauty of a place like Target is that the sales people are not all up in your business trying the hard sell.

That's not a corporate thing. Per op model, all TMs in Style are supposed to drag every guests who picks something up into the FR and encourage them to try things on, which increase purchasing by some likely made up amount.
That's why you're supposed to put mirrors on the doors; so you can write a guest's name down, and put all their items in there while they're still shopping.
This was an official training that was linked on the Learning Plan, before they killed Learn@Target without getting the replacement in place first.
Your leaders are likely trying to find a way to lower reshop, and don't understand how they're violating people...

“Hey, Style Consultants, I’m going to need a zone party in Shoes. All hands on deck.”

Except, according to the people monitoring op model from the top, a TM is supposed to push back and complain if asked to work outside the area they're an "expert" in, even if you're doing it because another "expert" quit, and you won't have coverage for an area for as long as it takes to hire and train someone... (so, like, months. At best.)

That's not a corporate thing. Per op model, all TMs in Style are supposed to drag every guests who picks something up into the FR and encourage them to try things on, which increase purchasing by some likely made up amount.
That's why you're supposed to put mirrors on the doors; so you can write a guest's name down, and put all their items in there while they're still shopping.
This was an official training that was linked on the Learning Plan, before they killed Learn@Target without getting the replacement in place first.
Are there any stores where this model is actually in place and working? Again I say, Target is not that kind of store. This is not happening in our store in any way, shape, or form, save for the fact that we do have little round mirrors on our fitting room doors. Guests don't need team members taking their items and putting them in a fitting room; that's what shopping carts are for. And as a shopper, I don't like when a sales person tries to take my items to the fitting room.
Except, according to the people monitoring op model from the top, a TM is supposed to push back and complain if asked to work outside the area they're an "expert" in, even if you're doing it because another "expert" quit, and you won't have coverage for an area for as long as it takes to hire and train someone... (so, like, months. At best.)
I don't think anyone has been named a DBO in our store, although for a brief period we were told to stay in our areas. That hasn't been mentioned in a couple of weeks though. It's been business as usual. A fellow TM mentioned that she had been told that she had to help the VM with the VMG and that we all were going to have to do that - again, no word from anyone since then. It appears that the VM and TL are taking care of that.

Damn, I hope they gave you all guest complaint cards to carry with you too!

Yeah that’s going to be great when you tell someone who is sensitive about their size that they need an extra large or point them to the women’s area. Not going to do it. I will tell them how the sizes tend to run if they ask but I’m not going to tell them what size to pick.
They are so fucking out of touch with what shoppers want. Don’t bug me unless I ask for help (a good morning is just fine) and I’ll fill my own damn cart thank you.

Are there any stores where this model is actually in place and working? Again I say, Target is not that kind of store. This is not happening in our store in any way, shape, or form, save for the fact that we do have little round mirrors on our fitting room doors. Guests don't need team members taking their items and putting them in a fitting room; that's what shopping carts are for. And as a shopper, I don't like when a sales person tries to take my items to the fitting room.

I don't think anyone has been named a DBO in our store, although for a brief period we were told to stay in our areas. That hasn't been mentioned in a couple of weeks though. It's been business as usual. A fellow TM mentioned that she had been told that she had to help the VM with the VMG and that we all were going to have to do that - again, no word from anyone since then. It appears that the VM and TL are taking care of that.

Sounds like you're far enough away from corporate that your store, or district, isn't rolling out modernization correctly. I'd assume at some point when they're done beating down the big boys, they'll come for you guys.
DBO wasn't rolled out to the later op model stores, but "experts" were, and they're required to stay in their areas. Many stores even have to send their schedule, and any changes, to the BP and DTL weekly to make sure they're following this.
And VMs weren't supposed to be setting VMGs for a long time now; the "experts" in the area are supposed to do it themselves (somehow.) The VMs pretty much just walk the store, find nitpicky things wrong like a light facing the wrong way, dusting that needs to be done, or the entire jeans wall refolded, and then tell your Style TMs to do it, in addition to their regular tasks, behind the TLs' back.

I know ASANTS but just curious about some fitting room responsibilities at your stores. Our store we have a posted hour on the break out where you're covering the FR. Recently had a transfer from a different target who won't rehang items returned from the guests, so I'm given a loaded triple tier of RTW reshop where 2/3 of it is hung backwards, inside out, and everything's on the wrong size hanger and it takes me twice as long to put out reshop. Expectation at our store is that during your FR time, you are responsible for sorting and readying the reshop for pickup. Our style TLs know she does this, multiple TMs have complained to both of them, but they won't talk to her about it. (I think they're kind of just hoping she'll stop on her own?) Can I just talk to her about it on my own or is that not my place? I don't want to seem rude when talking to her but it's been going on for a while now and I get really frustrated because she's the only one of us that does it. Wondering if this is a lazy worker thing or a ASANTS thing.

It’s a lazy thing. As far as talking to her you could do a peer coaching, but I would partner with any trusted Leader in your building first. Let them know that you want to talk to her but you just want to be sure to do it the right way. I would suggest if you follow her in the FR go over maybe 5 minutes early and be casual and sympathetic, say something like Hey I noticed you got kinda slammed back here, how about if we blitz this out real quick together? That could give you the foot in the door to peer coach. Just because it is an important thing I want to say this again, go to a Leader first to see how your store peer coaches.

Just because it is an important thing I want to say this again, go to a Leader first to see how your store peer coaches.

Will definitely talk with a leader again then. The most I would have done was to calmly mention it when stopping to pick up reshop that I know it gets busy back here but just to do her best to rehang stuff as it comes out. I think there's been all of one coaching in our style team for the past year and it was because there was a misunderstanding and lack of communication between two TMs. I just didn't want to cause some rift in the team because I went to a TL again before I just talked to the TM about it. But I will for sure talk to a lead first.

At my store, whomever is scheduled at the FR (M-F 11a-7pm, weekends open to close) is expected to help guests. That's it. No tasking, no answering the phone. No tasking includes processing reshop out of the FR. If the FR is slow they'll zone in the immediate area or *maybe* scan for furthers and finals in the clearance area.

ASANTS....At my SuperTarget store, each team member has a fitting room shift. Team members check for strays on the front lanes every 30 minutes to an hour, depending on how busy we are. Team Leaders check as well. While hanging/sorting at the fitting room, they walk guests to fitting room, write guest name and number of items on door and continue with reshop. If super busy, leader or another TM will help out so one is sorting and the other services guests. We have swim all year round so it’s always popping at the FR. Very rarely are strays left for the next day. If a DBO isn’t in an area and they have strays, others help out or we all blitz an area by running strays or having a zone party. We drill training and standards to the team consistently and review in huddles as needed. It’s not perfect, but they know the expectations. If a certain team member isn’t hanging items correctly, we have a quick huddle and have the DBO demonstrate how to properly hang so everyone knows.

Anyone have a conference call today or recently about the upcoming transitions?

I only know one person that actually likes to go up for backup. Everyone always sounds so annoyed when they respond to backup calls via walkie. Personally, I think having a good zone for the morning is more important than going up so some guest doesn't have to wait in line behind 2 whole people. If the zone is bad at night, the day time people have an even bigger game of catch-up to play, so it's a never-ending cycle of catching up on everything.

There was crazy rain today so the store was empty enough the last few hours that the morning team (which I'll be part of :() shouldn't have too much trouble staying on top of things assuming there's no flooding and everyone comes in tomorrow.

This made me giggle because I know for a fact that everyone in my store HATES going up for backup.
I've been working with Target for 4 months and my lod's keep pushing off my cash register training too.

SO our VML found two dresses in Universal today that were from gap and it was obvious they tore the tags out of a couple of Universal items they had and glued them in. Then they returned the dresses to our store and they were accepted. It was a rather bad hack job and we were all appalled. I suppose all you have to do is make an effort for out GS to just give you money for whatever you hand them. >< Or maybe not even that. We've had Kirkland clothes returned and once someone accepted a return of a jacket from Abercrombie and Fitch and even a skirt with the "Old Navy" on the inside of the back waistband. I just don't get it. -_-

Back