MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

Not well! I have 2 pallets wrapped in the steel. 4 hrs 5 days a week, which without a major set is fine. It is not my concern. They will get done eventually. It is what it is, lol.

I don't blame you for taking this attitude. Can't help but think but this cut in hours is making a lot of people feel this way--and rather than bust their ass for no reason, people decide eh, it won't get done anyway, why break my neck over it?

Then Target will wonder why you're not giving 1000% and getting, say, 8 hour resets done in half the time with half the help

I don't blame you for taking this attitude. Can't help but think but this cut in hours is making a lot of people feel this way--and rather than bust their ass for no reason, people decide eh, it won't get done anyway, why break my neck over it?

Then Target will wonder why you're not giving 1000% and getting, say, 8 hour resets done in half the time with half the help

I've talked to my ETL and TL. They know I bust my ass everyday. I've done shoes for years. The hours are not there to give. Sure it bothers me. This is the first time I've missed a set by date. It is out of my control. I have a close relationship with my SD but I choose not to whine to her about no hours. If she were to ask I would get into it. I don't know if she is aware that it is not done. We shall see

I've talked to my ETL and TL. They know I bust my ass everyday. I've done shoes for years. The hours are not there to give. Sure it bothers me. This is the first time I've missed a set by date. It is out of my control. I have a close relationship with my SD but I choose not to whine to her about no hours. If she were to ask I would get into it. I don't know if she is aware that it is not done. We shall see
Oh man, are you me? Almost the same sitch for my shoes, too.

Anybody feel like resurrecting this thread? I'm totally over my SL leadership and team. Going in every day to fix their mistakes in my area before I even start my own tasks is getting real old.
Preach.

I try to bite my tongue because complaining does nothing. My lead complains about TMs not getting their job done but then you turn around and they are all buddy-buddy together. Over it, and hoping things will get better because there are changes on the horizon.

Pretty sure I will be coming in to a mess tonight but all I can do is clean it up the best I can, and get what I can get done in my area. And try not to get too aggravated, lol.

Preach.

I try to bite my tongue because complaining does nothing. My lead complains about TMs not getting their job done but then you turn around and they are all buddy-buddy together. Over it, and hoping things will get better because there are changes on the horizon.

Pretty sure I will be coming in to a mess tonight but all I can do is clean it up the best I can, and get what I can get done in my area. And try not to get too aggravated, lol.
This is the mood. My lead doesn't care that stuff is wrong or not getting done. Somebody 'accidentally' pulled my one for ones (um how TF does that happen?) And they didn't even put them back. Honestly, nobody would have even said anything to me had I not asked. Overstocking every single thing. Not putting items in the right spots (when literally it's the wrong brand). My lead and VM can't set a pog right to save their life. Ugh I could go on.

We had four people in all of softlines yesterday and two in tech, which is right beside the men’s department. So there were no mids, on a Saturday, with truck on top of that. It was a disaster.

What in the hell actually happened to style hours? That section of the store seems like a virtual ghost town anymore. We had one person and the TL come in at 11 today and then no one else until 2. This seems to be happening a lot.

What in the hell actually happened to style hours? That section of the store seems like a virtual ghost town anymore. We had one person and the TL come in at 11 today and then no one else until 2. This seems to be happening a lot.
Softlines has always gotten the short end of the stick as long as I’ve worked here, but it’s gotten much worse.

GM literally gets four times as many people and when I’ve asked to add one or two people a WEEK just to push truck that continues to compound, I get a hard no.

I'm getting lower hours than we have for the rest of the year. At our lowest point we were at around 410 for Style including leadership (in a week). We're getting around 40-50 less than that but they've added 2 more trucks per week. I know that's still more than some other stores, but we're pretty big with heavy foot traffic, it's just not enough.

Last Saturday night, I went into another Target not as high volume as my store is. I walked all around and didn't see anyone in SL, only one tm in electronics and one in market. Crazy for Saturday night. I think there were actually more cashiers

I'm getting lower hours than we have for the rest of the year. At our lowest point we were at around 410 for Style including leadership (in a week). We're getting around 40-50 less than that but they've added 2 more trucks per week. I know that's still more than some other stores, but we're pretty big with heavy foot traffic, it's just not enough.
Ck the sept addendum under overtime for your hours coming up

And hard to see and won’t zoom in enough. It would be nice to have access to something iPad mini size or larger at times.

I really am convinced the company hates us. Why take away a resource that has worked flawlessly for years and replace it with something on the godforsaken MyDevice??

Some good news though: Received an email from my VMD that we will be receiving a tablet (hopefully an iPad!) the week of September 28th!

I really am convinced the company hates us. Why take away a resource that has worked flawlessly for years and replace it with something on the godforsaken MyDevice??

Some good news though: Received an email from my VMD that we will be receiving a tablet (hopefully an iPad!) the week of September 28th!
It will be a Samsung pro tablet.

Back