MEGATHREAD Hang Me (The Softlines Thread)

So.....we're down to only one pallet of backlogged style freight. Only one. And, tomorrow's truck was canceled by the DC. We're actually going to get caught up. It's a fucking miracle.

The zones, you ask? How are they? How dare you! We don't talk about those.

I am so jealous of your pallet situation!! I won't even tell you what we're sitting on because it is inconceivable. I am hoping to convince the ETL to chip away at the newer pallets first so we can capture those full price sales now instead of spending time sorting thru the oldest ones which end up being mostly salvage.

So.....we're down to only one pallet of backlogged style freight. Only one. And, tomorrow's truck was canceled by the DC. We're actually going to get caught up. It's a fucking miracle.

The zones, you ask? How are they? How dare you! We don't talk about those.
We still have a decent amount of truck left, but miracle of miracles, we are actually caught up with reshop and the zone is much better than it was. I know better than to get used to this though. 🥴

:::counting on fingers:::

Is it really only 17 days until Oct 1st? Thats the start of Q4, right?

😁

Did you just find this out? Is it just your store/district?

Supposedly, the October monthly planner has a new process. I can't get the planner to pop up on my device and haven't had time to check it on the computer. From what I've been told, it doesn't explicitly do away with DBOs, it just makes it impossible to operate under a DBO model for my store. All freight must be done by 8 and all zones must be green by noon. We don't have the people or hours to make that happen with one person in each section.

Supposedly, the October monthly planner has a new process. I can't get the planner to pop up on my device and haven't had time to check it on the computer. From what I've been told, it doesn't explicitly do away with DBOs, it just makes it impossible to operate under a DBO model for my store. All freight must be done by 8 and all zones must be green by noon. We don't have the people or hours to make that happen with one person in each section.
Oof. I don't see this happening at my store either. Passed by the backroom Style breakout area today and yikes, it's ugly.

Freight done by 8? Heck no one in style even is scheduled until 9, lol.

We did away with the dbo model last year. It's an impossible model without infinitely more payroll. The new model is much more flexible imo but it does require more planning and a better understanding of what you workload is and is going to be. It's still an impossible task but to me it's better. Don't expect much to change payroll is still the biggest challenge

Ever since the Gays™ did the pride collection style has usually been a sinking ship. It was so bad that we actually even got a dedicated style ETL.

WTF does this mean?
lol the pride collection haha. Since the huge pride collection last year we were getting huge amounts of product in. since then we’ve still been getting a lot of style product without the hours to actually push em.

it got so bad since then that we actually got approved for another ETL position. We now have a style ETL.

lol the pride collection haha. Since the huge pride collection last year we were getting huge amounts of product in. since then we’ve still been getting a lot of style product without the hours to actually push em.

it got so bad since then that we actually got approved for another ETL position. We now have a style ETL.

These occurrences are not mutually exclusive. Anecdotal at best. Many stores have gained a Specialty Sales ETL and that is because Specialty Sales was restructured, gaining Home & Seasonal.

Your post reads like you are trying to blame gay people for the amount of freight style is getting. It sounds incredibly offensive.

Your post reads like you are trying to blame gay people for the amount of freight style is getting. It sounds incredibly offensive.Many stores have gained a Specialty Sales ETL and that is because Specialty Sales was restructured, gaining Home & Seasonal.
Fair enough LOL. I am a gay man but I forgot the fact that everyone here doesn’t know me like that. Didn’t mean to sound offensive, I use the Gays (trademark) all the time, just never here, my bad lol.

Also, I knew SS gained home and seasonal but I did not know that other stores gained an ETL aswell. I just straight up thought since we’re a HV store we got one. Nice that Spot is actually investing in gaining stores ETLs.

Fair enough LOL. I am a gay man but I forgot the fact that everyone here doesn’t know me like that. Didn’t mean to sound offensive, I use the Gays (trademark) all the time, just never here, my bad lol.

Also, I knew SS gained home and seasonal but I did not know that other stores gained an ETL aswell. I just straight up thought since we’re a HV store we got one. Nice that Spot is actually investing in gaining stores ETLs.

Thank you for clarifying. It does come across differently knowing why you stated it the way you did. And I appreciate you did not take offense to what I said, that seems like a rare quality these days, especially on the internet.

My store is low volume and we gained an ETL for specialty early this summer. We haven't had this many ETLs in quite some time.

Thank you for clarifying. It does come across differently knowing why you stated it the way you did. And I appreciate you did not take offense to what I said, that seems like a rare quality these days, especially on the internet.
Oh i totally get it. Rereading it, i could 100 percent see how it could be read as rude.

If any SS dept deserved an ETL its Style. Target takes such a Gm approach to it (with "isles" and everything) and it just feels so hard to navigate through.

Oh i totally get it. Rereading it, i could 100 percent see how it could be read as rude.

If any SS dept deserved an ETL its Style. Target takes such a Gm approach to it (with "isles" and everything) and it just feels so hard to navigate through.
Yes thank you for clarifying! I am one of those allies that probably gets more offended at the slightest whiff of homophobia than most LGBTQ+ folks do, lol, so I get heated on the subject quickly.

We are a pretty low-volume store and we also got an ETL for Specialty Sales. Hasn't helped, lol. We have been drowning in freight for months and months now. Style is just a hot mess, but I've noticed that things are not much better in other parts of the store.

Back