Archived Haphazard, unorganized training(sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as they like to pretend there is, there's really no "official" training at my store, at least for Softlines team members. How do I know? Because a few months ago, I walked into work, clocked in, and on my way to the door the LOD stopped me and said, "Hey LadyInRed, this is [New Person]. You'll be training her today." And then she left. Didn't tell me how long New Person had been working here, what she'd already been trained on, or what they would like me to train her on. Freaking great. So then I introduce myself to New Person, who immediately tells me that she doesn't speak English very well, only Spanish. Sadly, I only know a few words of Spanish. I felt really bad because I'm pretty sure New Person was A) expecting some sort of quality training, and B) expecting to be trained by somebody who knew in advance that they would be training somebody, and C) expecting to be trained by somebody who spoke Spanish (a lot of my fellow Softlines TMs do) and could communicate specific instructions to her. She ended up doing really well, she's a great co-worker and communication with her really isn't a problem. But I wish I had been better prepared and equipped to train her.

Be sure to ask questions until you know it, because they'll make you sign the learning plan, even if you're not clear on everything and then you will be held responsible for everything in it.

Well, I was given the "learning plan" was never really given time to look over it, then they took it away, and I have never seen it since. One of my trainers asked for it, but no one seemed to know where it was. I don't remember signing it yet.

As much as they like to pretend there is, there's really no "official" training at my store, at least for Softlines team members. How do I know? Because a few months ago, I walked into work, clocked in, and on my way to the door the LOD stopped me and said, "Hey LadyInRed, this is [New Person]. You'll be training her today." And then she left. Didn't tell me how long New Person had been working here, what she'd already been trained on, or what they would like me to train her on. Freaking great.

All of the people that were supposed to be training me didn't know they were supposed to be (even though their name was on my training schedule). This situation sounds very familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back