Archived Happy holiday season!... aka let the crazies out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else getting asked to pick up hours like its going out of style yet?

I was asked to stay late over the weekend, and doubled my scheduled hours this week by agreeing to more shifts. I'm thrilled but I'm sure there's some members out there who are less than thrilled by the pressure to be at every beck and whim of our jobs.

This weekend was insane with the amount of traffic in toys/electronics/seasonal. Maybe it's just that I'm in a higher-volume store now and close to Canada but holy crap where did all the guests come from?

They called in everyone they could find on Sunday. I took an extra 4 hour shift...in softlines...where I've never worked. It was an interesting introduction. The ETL-GE wanted to reward me for all my hard work tonight with more hours....you know, the "we want our best crew on as much as possible and reward you all with more hours." With school and an internship? It will kill me to take any extra hours. I don't think they've had maybe more than one seasonal person go through orientation. At this point, they won't be hired until after Black Friday.

I don't even wanna think bout this past Saturday night lol at one point for almost 90mins back in electronics & toys we had all 4 hardlines closers back their helping out and we were still swamped plus at the same time the gstl was yelling for backup n wasn't pleased when I would tell her hardlines is not avail due Toby's being swamped in e & f

Then today after working a 8hr truck shift I was trying to be called in to close tonight I was polite n told them I couldn't unless u want to pay me overtime being originally scheduled 30hrs for the week and only a "scheduled" 4hr truck shift today but truck shifts always varies

We're short with hours.
Still hiring for BF....don't think our store will be ready.

This is the time of year when people come crawling from out of the woodwork......while sometimes it can really be challenging, just think of all the fun you'll have!!

My store is short on hours too, especially at the front end. Every time a shift goes into the swap book, it gets snatched up right away.

just think of all the fun you'll have!!

I'll have fun when I finally start overnights. At this point, I'd rather deal with the flow and plano teams than guests.

We had TMs coming in from another store yesterday to help out, my ETL wanted to give me more hours for later in the week. I've never been called in since starting in June and have had two calls begging me in the past week.

This is usual. Its seasonal hires who are unable to work a shift because of another job, or they decided to go elsewhere for employment for the holidays.

Take what ever you can. When it comes mid January when the holiday rush starts to die down, hours are going to disappear quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back