Archived Hardship money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what it's called exactly but a worker from my store received $500 from Target because he lost his home during the forclosure mess and was evicted from his then-current living arrangement. You could not get this money from your store, you had to apply some other way & they would let you know if you qualify. Anyways, a friend at work was asking about it & I have no idea at all. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

2 ways:
1. Team member liferesources. There is a link on targetpayandbenefits.com
2. Pension plan - if you have been a spot for awhile.

I know what you are talking about. It isn't widely known about though unless you work in HR, which I don't. I saw something on the old forum about it and I think if you qualify Target gives you money to help out that you don't need to pay back.

I know what you are talking about. It isn't widely known about though unless you work in HR, which I don't. I saw something on the old forum about it and I think if you qualify Target gives you money to help out that you don't need to pay back.

It's this one. I know the team member that applied never had to pay the money back. I just don't know what to tell my friend, my HR is a little flaky and will either blow her off or pretend he'd busy. I know he told the one team member he didn't qualify even though he really had.

Team member Emergency Assistance Fund. Talk to your ETL HR about it. You have to fill out a form, your ETL HR has to fill out another form, and they are both sent to TMSC. A group of people reviews your application, and, if you apply, they will put up to $500 into your paycheck.

That money is basically an interest free loan. You'll pay it back over a LONG period of time, again, no interest. But you do pay it back.

The HR team actually CANT deny you the form. The ETL HR -CAN- decide to NOT recommend you, for whatever reason.

By the way, this is a serious fund meant to help team members in emergency situations. If you just need a loan, consider opening an account with Target Credit Union.

when my electricity was shut off a few years back in the middle of January, I went to my STL and she helped me fill out the form. I then got a separate check to pay the electric company back PLUS a little extra.

This is interesting. One of my coworkers is about to have her house taken away even though she works 2 jobs and is pretty killing herself to keep it.
When I asked some execs including the HR, if we couldn't do something to help (with all the fund raising for United Way it only seemed reasonable that we do do something for one of our own) I was told that 'Target didn't do local stuff like that.' I'm just hoping that she is new and maybe not familiar with the program.

This is interesting. One of my coworkers is about to have her house taken away even though she works 2 jobs and is pretty killing herself to keep it.
When I asked some execs including the HR, if we couldn't do something to help (with all the fund raising for United Way it only seemed reasonable that we do do something for one of our own) I was told that 'Target didn't do local stuff like that.' I'm just hoping that she is new and maybe not familiar with the program.

Hopefully this is something your HR is not aware of & your co-worker applies for it. Good luck to her. One of my co-workers applied for it and received a seperate check for $500 that she did not have to pay back. She was in tears when our STL gave her the check.

Years ago I worked for a company that had a "Heart-to-Heart" fund. Employee's voluntary donated their unused vacation / sick time into "The Bank"
dc76b29b.gif

Every few months "The Committee" would take care of us who needed a little more time off / a extra pay check or two
thumbsup.gif
Some even donated a persentage, 1% or 2% of their pay
awesome.gif

I myself needed an extra month to recover from an illness -- that extra month off with pay really helped. For the next two years I "voluntarily" put back all the time donated to me and then some
thumbsup.gif

But this is target
disgust.gif
With that typed --

In an old country song - done by Tennessee Ernie Ford - there's a line that sums up spot giving / loaning money to team members
jackoff.gif

"I owe my soul to the company store"

Due to the fact it might help new folks who don't know about it. Why judge it? Someone might need the info. We are here to teach, learn & help tm's at spot.

Last edited:
Due to the fact it might help new folks who don't know about it. Why judge it? Someone might need the info. We are teach, learn & help tm's at spot.
See, what you responded with right there is weird. You still didn't explain WHY you DELETED your post, after I questioned you about it.

"We are teach", indeed.

If you've been here long enough, you'd recognize HLM's syntax/style in posting.
Enough already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back