Archived harrased

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a cashier for two years but the store I'm at now I get harrased by a specific team leader. It started that she would question me when I would get sick and call out like one time in a month. The she would tell me I better be really sick and I'm a cashier as what I call punishment t stick me on self checkout all the time. I also have a weak bladder so she would never let me go to the bathroom if I asked she would roll her eyes tell me to go on my own time, I would be made to use the walkie to call to ask to go to the restroom like Channel 1 the whole store can here me ask to use the restroom. Sometimes I wouldn't get to use it or she would make me wait 20 min later. My 15 min break she would give me after I worked 3.5 hours where I'm only scheduled for 4 hours(this still happens). Sometimes only when she would work my number would apparently not be able to help guests on the self checkout like she would have to re-enter my number but oy when she worked. She hated getting me change for the register sorry she would say we don't have any pennies I called corporate I got two bladder infections from here so far. But what got me was when I was at work o had an emergency at home I called said I would be late ( I take the bus ) but I will come back. When I got back the TL on duty never had said anything to me but then that TL I have an issue comes in and repremands me. Then after that the old ETL I guess told everyone that I complained to corporate and they all have to let me go to thebathroom but now the new ETL who has only been here for a week had a meeting with me according to him I have attendance issues I told him I haven't got any issues but apparently like two months ago I was late like 4 times in a month and I called in all those times and was in the leeway two of them. The new ETL threatened to fire me and I asked if I could just move to a different place in the store so I don't have to work with that girl but apparently I can't because even though my attendance has been good I called out two days ago to take my kid to the hospital and I might be fired for that. Also the TL who doesn't like has a friend who once worked in our Dept but realized she was the one who gave me my raise and it was 6 cents and recently the TL friend tried to say I used my phone but was actually helping a guests. I only get self checkout now only

Last edited:
Initial thoughts:

First, get a doctor's note stating you do have a bladder problem and have it put on file.

Second, from what you describe, you do have an attendance problem. The number of call outs and late arrivals indicate that. They may be all for good reasons, but, none the less, you called out for scheduled shifts or were late for them. With as few TMs who are being scheduled in all work centers through out the chain, one TM calling out or being late can cause problems for the store.

Finally, the TL does sound like a bitch.

My advice, with HR work out a plan to set up quick bladder breaks during your shift. Show up for your shifts on time. See if changing your behavior and attitude toward the TL helps improve things. If the situation doesn't improve, it is probably time to look for greener pastures.

Good luck.

Attendance issues will sink anyone. I have one former GSA who also played games with break schedule and work assignments. The modernization system if implemented strips them of that petty power.

One thing I did was complain to other GSAs and to GSTL. They have their own power games, and it worked against her. She got worse. Finally, she lost it, and her attitude showed in public.

Trust me. When someone acts this way, you aren't the only target.

I loathe the games,by including the ones that I used to block her, but she's the type to make scapegoats.

The other thing I did was focus on my job. Got my redcards, focused on guests, and toed the line on breaks, attendance, etc. I gave her nothing to hang me on.

You do your part. It will work out, hopefully. Now if you are also not particularly good at cashiering, not much will help.

The attendance problem may sink you, regardless of her. But what I know us that I control my actions and attitudes. I am a real guest advocate, and guess what....target wants that more than they want her type. I'll outlast her.

Find a strategy that empowers you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back