Archived Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious to see how the release went for everyone else! We had a small line at open, and we sold almost 100 copies today. It has been very popular, but I was surprised that some people didn't know about it (however many ended up buying it after finding out). The Target Exclusive movies generated some interest, but they didn't really sell well.

Really? I watch TV at the same time I'm surfing the internet, moderating my forum, playing my guitar and eating pizza.

All excited about watching the season finale of Preacher!

:)

I cashiered today and I only saw maybe 6 people buy a copy. But we had a big display of the book and the movies out by the check out lanes

I cashiered today and I only saw maybe 6 people buy a copy. But we had a big display of the book and the movies out by the check out lanes
That's actually fairly odd that you saw so few copies sold. Looking at the nearest few stores, it looks like some sold between 60 and 120 copies today. I would say for my district this launch was a success with limited fanfare at open.

I was the opening cashier at my store today and every single person who showed up between 8 and 9:30 bought a copy. I don't think we sold over 50 though, but I wasn't keeping track.

That's actually fairly odd that you saw so few copies sold. Looking at the nearest few stores, it looks like some sold between 60 and 120 copies today. I would say for my district this launch was a success with limited fanfare at open.

I was told by one woman that B&N had been sold out. And, tbh, I only worked a 4 hr shift and I wasn't watching to see if people were buying them at the self checkout or on other lanes. But I really don't think my store sold that many today

Opened Electronics Sunday morning and while the display was ready by the check lanes nothing was done in Entertainment. The LOD told me that the closer the night before did it, but he didn't so I set the entire Entertainment display well after the store opened. Kind of annoying since it was a Sunday and I had plenty of guests to deal with while also building a whole Planogram. Thankfully I finished before my lunch. Not sure how many we sold since I'm assuming most people picked it up at the front, plus for whatever stupid reason all the DVD's were at the check lanes display but Entertainment just got 1, 6, and both parts of 7. Not sure I'll ever understand Target's planogram decisions.

I think we sold out in the evening. There were a surprisingly large amount of copies when I went in in the afternoon, but they were all gone by the time I left.

We sold out by the time closing team started coming in so we had to redirect guests to another store nearby that had gotten more in

I love Harry Potter but I didn't even know about this. Guess I'm not as big as a fan as I thought I was.
Either I didn't pay attention or it didn't get much publicity.

A girl came in with her friend and ran to the display and started crying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back