March 24 2024. Stanley Cup Release

I got the weekend lottery this time. Not only the releases this weekend but having Sunday off for Easter. And Circle week signing the weekend after.

My favorite maker of giant swords decided to build his own Stanley mug.
It's the only one I'd ever buy.
His build videos are fun and kind of fascinating or you can just skip to the end for fire and destruction.
The part where he takes it in to get refilled is priceless.

Last edited:
I got a terrific WaWa (convenience store in De, Va, NC and Pa) 24 oz coffee mug for something like 3 bucks and they filled it with coffee, mid '80s Northern Virginia. Anyone who spends big bucks for any dopey assed mug needs some intervention. For the newbs, follow the advice from our friend in the frozen North. Do Not touch one until you're legal to buy it.
I've been to Wawa a few times when I would take trips to New Jersey. They have good sandwiches.

It sets in ODL on the Dining Vignette table. I just realized it yesterday when I was going thru VMG workload planning. Have no idea what our plans are but I will likely be working Sunday AM anyway if the DVF LTO blows out like they think it will.
Most stores have two. There’s a revision for the dining vignette and an endcap in kitchen, I haven’t looked to see if it’s different items or not though.

Not only is the Stanley being released on Sunday but so is the Diane Von Furstenerg collection. It will be a fun day on Sunday. Thankfully I will be doing the Ad set and not have to deal with them at the register.
DVF release is Saturday March 23.

This is one of the many reasons why I don't work retail anymore. Dumb crap like this.
When I was in middle school, you weren't cool if you didn't have an iPod. Now, it's a $50 water bottle. And iPods were actually so groundbreaking. Lots of people here were probably not even born yet before the first one, it was a lot different of a time listening to your music on the go lol

It actually makes me feel old, people born after the iPod are 22 now and will never know the experience of a portable disc player skipping when you hit a speed bump on the bus.

When I was in middle school, you weren't cool if you didn't have an iPod. Now, it's a $50 water bottle. And iPods were actually so groundbreaking. Lots of people here were probably not even born yet before the first one, it was a lot different of a time listening to your music on the go lol

It actually makes me feel old, people born after the iPod are 22 now and will never know the experience of a portable disc player skipping when you hit a speed bump on the bus.
I'm old enough to remember how cool the Sony Walkman was. With little headphones instead of ear buds.

On the Stanley topic, I heard two guests talking today about how expensive they were and they were even more expensive online. I agreed with them, that it was really kind of nuts, and one of them said that the Valentine colored ones are now being offered at a discount online. We all laughed about how those who hoarded them are taking a hit now.

Back