Has anyone's stores rolled out the new process for Vendor product storage and check in yet?

I was just curious about how it was going so far? Did our corporate set the vendors schedules or did they at least partner with the vendors to do that? My vendors are really good about coming in at the correct times and I would hate for corporate to set something that doesn't fit the store's needs.

The main thing that I think is really stupid is that they want to put soda pallets up in the steel. This is going to add in so much extra work for everyone and I honestly don't see why it is needed. The only time we have extra pallets of soda that don't fit in our hold area is delivery days and unless they have a build on Sunday, those pallets are gone by the end of the day.

Our vendors are now required to have backstock product on carts provided by the vendor similar to our uboats. It has not happened yet though but they should start soon. No pallets for them.

I think im in the 1% of stores that is at least almost clean everyday.

We hit gridlock last week. You need paper in your pull? Not happening unless you move about 20 pallets out of there but you can't put them on the salesfloor and you don't even have room to get a pallet jack in there.. You have enough room to walk a uboat through the door as long as you don't overhang the sides of it.

We hit gridlock last week. You need paper in your pull? Not happening unless you move about 20 pallets out of there but you can't put them on the salesfloor and you don't even have room to get a pallet jack in there.. You have enough room to walk a uboat through the door as long as you don't overhang the sides of it.
Yikes, its happening all over around me too have gone to help other stores multiple times, my sd is in charge of two stores rn, we are sending etls and tls left and right to help out other stores.

We are pretty much keeping everything the same. We are not doing the sodas on top of steel. That doesn't make sense for most stores.

I don't think they are changing schedules. The vendors pretty much make up their own schedules based on the required service/delivery days that target gives them.

I like the tablet. Though some of the schedules are off.

Our vendors are now required to have backstock product on carts provided by the vendor similar to our uboats. It has not happened yet though but they should start soon. No pallets for them.
Really? We are due to get uboats for them, but the guide still gives them a pallet each. That sucks for them if thats the case.

Really? We are due to get uboats for them, but the guide still gives them a pallet each. That sucks for them if thats the case.
Afaik, that's what's been told to me. Only reason it affects me is that we are losing some space for empty flats so i havent really looked into it.

Same for my store, there was a guide that showed pallet space for each of the soda vendors and then each one would have a uboat. I have a feeling that in my store we will set it up how it is supposed to be for pictures to send to corporate, and then abandon putting pallets up in the steel, because that is a huge waste of time.

Yeah have had ours in the steel for a while. We did have them on the ground for a brief period of time though. I remember having 4 pallet spaces a piece for coke and pepsi and 2 for polar. Its crazy how much has changed over the years for every process.

In our store it looks like they gave away two open spots for pop vendors so I guess I will be putting all of our case water where ever.

PS Of course no one informed the TMs of this they just posted signs.

I guess we just don't get to use our own steel anymore. Much more important to store vendor crap there. 🥴

So they don’t want you to just let your vendor bring in however many pallets of energy drinks or whatever. They want you to have access to the space so that if an item is going shortage you can order multiple pallets (like Gatorade this summer or water). Your vendors shouldn’t be filling their space without your input. The space they wanted us to give was extremely excessive. We aren’t bringing in an extra 15 pallets of soda that will outdate.

the uboats are on shortage and not coming in anytime soon.

So they don’t want you to just let your vendor bring in however many pallets of energy drinks or whatever. They want you to have access to the space so that if an item is going shortage you can order multiple pallets (like Gatorade this summer or water). Your vendors shouldn’t be filling their space without your input. The space they wanted us to give was extremely excessive. We aren’t bringing in an extra 15 pallets of soda that will outdate.

the uboats are on shortage and not coming in anytime soon.
I think the biggest thing is that this will be wasted space 90% of the time. At least in my area, we don't know there are shortages soon enough to have our guys order stuff, and even if they order it there is no guarantee that it will come in. My Pepsi driver said that he was supposed to have 3 pallets of Gatorade for some store (not a Target) and he didn't have any.

I think the biggest thing is that this will be wasted space 90% of the time. At least in my area, we don't know there are shortages soon enough to have our guys order stuff, and even if they order it there is no guarantee that it will come in. My Pepsi driver said that he was supposed to have 3 pallets of Gatorade for some store (not a Target) and he didn't have any.

You don’t “have to” permanently hold the space, just be able to make it available if you need to use it. Most of our allocated space is ship cart parking. We could park them elsewhere if we needed to. Some of the space is used to store empty pallets or gaylords too. That’s all stuff that can go up if we need the space for soda but can stay down if we don’t.

Back