Archived Hasta la Barista, baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

redeye58

Hasta Ba Rista, Baby!
Like many long-timers, I'd watched Target go from a company I was proud to work for to a place I couldn't wait to get away from.
This morning I put my voluntary term in HR's box & slipped out quietly.
Let's see what the next two weeks brings.

Like many long-timers, I'd watched Target go from a company I was proud to work for to a place I couldn't wait to get away from.
This morning I put my voluntary term in HR's box & slipped out quietly.
Let's see what the next two weeks brings.
How long have you been with target.

@pptl28yrs: Not nearly as long as you, 15 yrs.
@Noiinteam: Like others before me, I'll probably hang around the forum.
I've made some good friends here.
My friends at the store were part of what kept me there as long as I was. In the past year, quite a number have left & many of the newbs aren't here long enough to build a friendship per se.

@pptl28yrs: Not nearly as long as you, 15 yrs.
@Noiinteam: Like others before me, I'll probably hang around the forum.
I've made some good friends here.
My friends at the store were part of what kept me there as long as I was. In the past year, quite a number have left & many of the newbs aren't here long enough to build a friendship per se.
Still along time good luck. I can't imagine leaving.

Until recently, I couldn't imagine leaving either but things have changed faster than I can adjust to.

Not immediately.
A friend (& former TM) works in a municipal division & has alerted me to some positions she thinks I'd be great for.
Hubby's work has picked up so he's urged me to take a short breather before jumping back in.
I'm helping move my elderly mother in with one of my sisters & my boys are demanding more attention so shifting gears.

Ok. Well, I can tell you that I personally haven't been this happy in a long time. (I keep hearing from my friends and family that I look a lot less stressed. ) I hope getting out of Target does the same for you.

I've been told by others that it's like a boulder slipping off your shoulder when you leave.

I'll still be ducking in as much as I can; I just won't be able to offer work advice as things change.
And the times, they are a-changin'....

@redeye58

I'm so happy for you.

giphy.gif

This is my face right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back