Archived Have I been blacklisted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I know if I've been blacklisted for rehire? I recently reapplied for Flow Team but got a “Thanks but no thanks” email. It's pretty ironic that I reapplied for that position because it was the whole reason I left Target in the first place. I kept asking the ETL-HL for a transfer to Hardlines and he kept telling me there weren't any openings, well the final straw for me was new team members started showing up for Hardlines training, so when I got another job offer I jumped on it and gave my two weeks notice, but then blew off a bunch of my shifts. I deeply regret having done that and would like to know if there's any way to make amends. I always wanted to work at Target and honestly saw myself as a lifer, but then when the when what I perceived as game playing started happening, I had to rethink my position. I don't want to quit on Target just yet even though I did if that makes sense.

but then blew off a bunch of my shifts.
That right there's gonna be your answer as to why you got the email. I was unable to work out my last two weeks due to scheduling errors with my new job, and even then my HRTM openly said that if I was unable to finish my two weeks I would be listed as unhireable if I applied again. By skipping them you showed that you were unreliable for your shifts, even if you were leaving.

Anything is possible though. I've seen two people rehired who were listed as unrehireable, if that's a word.

One guy walked out. Just left. I got left being asked where he was. 6 months later, he's back.

The other guy put in two weeks then never showed for his shifts. Noe he's back too.

so when I got another job offer I jumped on it a

Question: Are you still at this job? If not why and how did you and that company part ways?

I always wanted to work at Target and honestly saw myself as a lifer, but then when the when what I perceived as game playing started happening, I had to rethink my position.

What makes you think the "game playing" has stopped at your old store or any Target?

I don't want to quit on Target just yet even though I did if that makes sense.

That is the point. You DID quit when you repeatedly called out or NCNS-ed for scheduled shifts even though you gave two weeks notice.

The chances of Target rehiring you in the near future is, at best, slim.

Learn from this experience. In the future, adapt to work situations, and if you can't adapt, leave in a professional manner.

How do I know if I've been blacklisted for rehire? I recently reapplied for Flow Team but got a “Thanks but no thanks” email. It's pretty ironic that I reapplied for that position because it was the whole reason I left Target in the first place. I kept asking the ETL-HL for a transfer to Hardlines and he kept telling me there weren't any openings, well the final straw for me was new team members started showing up for Hardlines training, so when I got another job offer I jumped on it and gave my two weeks notice, but then blew off a bunch of my shifts. I deeply regret having done that and would like to know if there's any way to make amends. I always wanted to work at Target and honestly saw myself as a lifer, but then when the when what I perceived as game playing started happening, I had to rethink my position. I don't want to quit on Target just yet even though I did if that makes sense.
This is where the phrase "burning bridges" comes in to play. You do not leave an old job on a bad note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back