Archived Heads Up To All Cashiers And Anybody Working Register

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...Spot doesn't term anyone immediately unless it is for stealing. This doesn't make a lot of sense.
exactly. our store uses lost gift cards as recognition for team members. its the same as lost cash. we put it in a register and hope someone claims it. they never do

We put them in the Cash Office drawer at GS. At the end of the day, if they are still unclaimed, they go in the safe.
yea the GCs I find in the drop shoot in the CO I put in the safe like I do for credit cards or wallets or purses. the GCs I find in the coupon bag I was told to just throw out.

I believe in this instance the store is treating it as theft from a guest.
I think you are right. I know internals can fast-track promotions for people in AP. But, this is just sick. Target could be setting up all the naysayers. Pretty smart. Sad, but smart. There was a lot of union talk before I left...

I mean, I get the idea of "Oh no, they're trying to trick me!" and such, but all it comes down to is "don't steal."

You don't (or shouldn't) get fired on the spot under any circumstances. If you do, then your AP is incompetent, plain and simple.

I mean, I get the idea of "Oh no, they're trying to trick me!" and such, but all it comes down to is "don't steal."

You don't (or shouldn't) get fired on the spot under any circumstances. If you do, then your AP is incompetent, plain and simple.

This wasn't a case of the people stealing.
They hadn't returned the cards promptly or hadn't seen them because they were left in odd places.

And yes, my understanding is they were nailed for stealing from the 'customer'.

AP at my store wouldn't go too much into this but our TPS basically laughed at the suggestion someone would be fired on the spot for stealing. Whether it was from a guest or the store. Just doesn't work that way.

Edit: This includes not following policy. Which if I remember correctly would be a HR policy issue anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back