Archived Health Insurance Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the Open Enrollment for Target Health Insurance was Feb 24th? I was trying to enroll/change my coverage but I don't seem to be able to. Was there a specific time too not just the date?

The deadline was 7pm Central Time, you must re-enroll, they won't roll last year's forward. Definitely call immediately in the morning. You may be screwed.

The deadline was 7pm Central Time, you must re-enroll, they won't roll last year's forward. Definitely call immediately in the morning. You may be screwed.

My etl hr announced at huddle on the day after our deadline to see her if you missed it. I don't know if she was able to do anything, there really is no reason to wait until the last second.

If you missed the enrollment you will automatically get enrolled into the HRA plan (more expensive but lower deductible) if you already have health insurance through target. Also you will automatically get the smoker surcharge. I believe you might be able to call and change your smoker status but I am not 100% sure. Call the Health and Benefit line asap.

If you missed the enrollment you will automatically get enrolled into the HRA plan (more expensive but lower deductible) if you already have health insurance through target. Also you will automatically get the smoker surcharge. I believe you might be able to call and change your smoker status but I am not 100% sure. Call the Health and Benefit line asap.

You can change the smoker surcharge but you have submit blood work that you are negative for nicotine in your blood.

I forgot to enroll 2 years ago and all I had to do was call and say I didn't smoke and they changed it over the phone for me. Anyone can say they don't smoke, but if medical tests ever show that you do, I'm sure you get fined and your insurance won't cover any smoking-related issues.

Call right away tomorrow. Used to be you got the same insurance as the year before, but I don't know if that is still true. Either way, you will automatically be charged as a smoker.
You might as well grab a pack of Camels today, to make it worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back