• Thread starter John Barresi
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Barresi

Question about the health insurance. Worked at target for about a year and a half. Signed up for UnitedHealthCare medical insurance thru Optum Bank. Target was taking out about $22.86 per pay check. I recently gave in my two weeks due to personal reasons, and I had a couple of questions on the health insurance status. My final day was this past Friday.

(1)Do I still have health insurance since i'm not employed thru Target anymore?

If anybody can help me out I'm a little un-educated on this topic. Much appreciated.

In the next couple of days, you will get some information about continuing with COBRA (which will mean you pay the full amount). If you go to the doctor in the meantime, if you plan to use the COBRA, go ahead and present your card as normal. The doctor will be paid once you have made your payment as COBRA will be back dated to the first day after you were unemployed.

If you elect not to take COBRA coverage, your last day of insurance was your last day of employment.

I just went through this back in January, so if you need more detailed information, let me know.

I see. Will they mail me something in the mail?

If i choose not to choose COBRA, do i need to call or send target anything to clarify that?

Yes, you should get something in the mail, I would say within a week. I can't remember how soon.

If you don't want coverage, I don't think you have to do anything with the mailing, and you can move on with life.

I got ya, thank you retail girl for the information.

Prepare yourself for the sticker shock and insulting cost of COBRA!!
Please update us with how much they want from you per month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back