Archived Hello I have orientation for tps in one day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got hired on two weeks ago and now i'm having my orientation finally for a tps position ( supplemental job). The orientation ranges goes from 9-4 and i'm sitting here wondering what on earth could happen in an orientation to make it last for 7 hours. What all can i expect in my orientation? All of that aside, I'm excited to start working!

You watch movies (I'm willing to bet the anti-union one is going to get big play), fill out paper work, tour the store and there is probably other stuff that the TPS position has that other positions don't (Bondage play with the handcuffs? I'm just guessing.).

Welcome to The Break Room.

Last edited:
You watch movies (I'm willing to bet the anti-union one is going to get big play), fill out paper work, tour the store and there is probably other stuff that the TPS position has that other positions do that others don't (Bondage play with the handcuffs? I'm just guessing.).

Welcome to The Break Room.
See I figured there would be those aspects but it seems that sort of stuff would only take 2 hours or 3 hours tops. I wonder what's happening the other four hours haha.

Well thank you, glad to be here :)

Hello! As I said to another new member the other day, I've only been a TPS for about 3 weeks and I already have some great stories. It's truly unlike any job I've done before, and I'm having a great time. Good luck in AP.
As for orientation, mine only took about three hours. It was a standard orientation that all team members have. We watched some videos, learned about policy, filled out some paperwork, and did a store tour. You will meet some of your store leaders and learn about Target policy. Unless your orientation is in some way completely different then mine, it shouldn't take seven hours. Although, as you will learn, all stores are not the same, so your experience could be completely different than mine.
Anyways, good luck!

Orientation is the best part! As said above you sit and watch really cheesy outdated movies. We'll ask things like if you work so many hours do you get a lunch yes or no? Just covering the basics. After that you're on your own. It will be fun I always enjoy doing orientation knowing I won't see half those kids again because they almost always quit within the first few weeks.

Orientation is the best part! As said above you sit and watch really cheesy outdated movies. We'll ask things like if you work so many hours do you get a lunch yes or no? Just covering the basics. After that you're on your own. It will be fun I always enjoy doing orientation knowing I won't see half those kids again because they almost always quit within the first few weeks.
Haha, that's exactly what happened today!! I was struggling to keep it together,lol. I got to meet my team leader and he truly seems like a sensible gentleman. Hopefully he's the same tomorrow haha. I hope i'm not one of the statistics that quit within the first few weeks!

We got a free lunch, but I'm thinking they don't do that anymore.

And maybe your HR will be like mine and make fun of the videos with you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back