Archived HELP! Reverse Logistics: Problem with merch sweep

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainDog

Logistics
We recently got word from the distribution center that we sent back merchandise for a sweep that wasn't supposed to be sent on it. (No idea what that could have been.)
To fix this, they're telling us to create a transfer on Workbench. How in the world do you do that? I know you normally scan in the freight with the purple label, but we don't have the freight and don't know what it was. So lost...

You would create a transfer on Store Apps after scanning on the PDA. Somewhere on workbench should be instructions on creating transfers. But usually transfers are store to store and not DC unless they gave you a store number to transfer it to. I use to do Reverse Logs but there have been a lot of changes since I did it so not exactly what the correct steps are now.

Another way is to add a product to the sweep before you pull the batch.

You're right about needing to know DPCI and the qty. I'm not aware of being able to do a transfer to the DC for that missed item on the PDA. I wouldn't try to add it to next sweep because than the DC would say you didn't ship mdse. If no one has a better way I would write up a manual bill of lading explaining what happen on the previous sweep and include it with the next sweep.

You would create a transfer on Store Apps after scanning on the PDA. Somewhere on workbench should be instructions on creating transfers. But usually transfers are store to store and not DC unless they gave you a store number to transfer it to. I use to do Reverse Logs but there have been a lot of changes since I did it so not exactly what the correct steps are now.

Thanks for the response. I scoured Workbench for how to do it, but yeah: only store-to-store transfers are covered. I'm doubting that the DC knows how things work exactly.

The DC's usual solution is to just send it right back to the store if they don't know what to do with it.

Thanks for the response. I scoured Workbench for how to do it, but yeah: only store-to-store transfers are covered. I'm doubting that the DC knows how things work exactly.

It's the same as store to store, just use your dc number

The DC's usual solution is to just send it right back to the store if they don't know what to do with it.
We’ve also been told to send anything back to the store that wasn’t suppose to be sent to us at the dc all such as shopping carts, bicycle tires, items not in original vendor case pack, any hard plastic etc but it rarely happens unless we have a repeat offender constantly sending items not allowable for sweeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back