Archived Help setting sales planners in brief... and I'm a dufus. Gah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story short, I've been training basically everywhere, but my shifts are very sporadic. My main gig is Pharmacy but that only gives me 20 hours/week, so I have some cashiering here, Starbucks there, and hardlines when there's shifts available. I had the opportunity for a 12 hour shift this weekend so when the ETL approached me skeptically and said "well, we really wanted someone who was comfortable with sales planners to cover it..." I said "oh but I am! No problem at all." Score, 12 hour shift for me.

Now this wasn't a complete lie at all-- at one point I was totally hardlines and did plenty of sales planners, but this was eons ago. I was too desperate and too proud to tell her that I'm quite rusty and have a couple questions to make sure I'm certain before my shift how to do them. SO, I'm hoping someone here may be able to save my butt, like usual :)

I know I have to untie the old pog, tie in the new one, and "drop" it? I forget all of the motions on the PDA-- I know there were some strange codes under RF apps. I'm hoping someone may know this off the top of their heads. If not no biggie-- I know this is my problem, I just figured I'd try to ask here first.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer! :excited:

shouldn't have to untie the old pog, just tie the new pog and it will ask you if you're sure you want to overwrite the old one....

Otherwise general order I do is:
  1. Get new product/signing/fixtures
  2. Demerch
  3. Set salesplan
  4. Tie pog
  5. Clean up
Best to go in this order so you don't have to make as many trips to the signing room, etc.

If you need to put in pog fills:
  1. RF APPS
  2. Replenishment
  3. New Pog Fill (be sure to use New Pog Fill, or you won't get enough merchandise to set)
  4. Key POG
  5. Enter batch name (usually SP location)

To tie a salesplan:
  1. RF APPS
  2. (D) Down
  3. Sales floor tie
  4. Enter SF location you are setting
  5. Enter physical location you are setting (0 for endcap, 99 for sidecap, etc.)
  6. Scan/Key pog
  7. If theres a tie on this location already it will confirm to overwrite
  8. done!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're incredible, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so, so much!! :-D

shouldn't have to untie the old pog, just tie the new pog and it will ask you if you're sure you want to overwrite the old one....

Otherwise general order I do is:
  1. Get new product/signing/fixtures
  2. Demerch
  3. Set salesplan
  4. Tie pog
  5. Clean up
Best to go in this order so you don't have to make as many trips to the signing room, etc.

If you need to put in pog fills:
  1. RF APPS
  2. Replenishment
  3. New Pog Fill (be sure to use New Pog Fill, or you won't get enough merchandise to set)
  4. Key POG
  5. Enter batch name (usually SP location)

To tie a salesplan:
  1. RF APPS
  2. (D) Down
  3. Sales floor tie
  4. Enter SF location you are setting
  5. Enter physical location you are setting (0 for endcap, 99 for sidecap, etc.)
  6. Scan/Key pog
  7. If theres a tie on this location already it will confirm to overwrite
  8. done!

Great job Imerzan!! I know the shortcut to the tie menu is "SFLM" but I'm not sure what the shortcut to the POG fill screen is.

I always found myself ignoring the text shortcuts and remembering the number sequence. Always seemed faster

Make sure your header label matches the header you put up (LPP - Low price promise with the dog, ISM, etc.) and the SPL is set correctly - front on front e/c, back on back e/c if possible. Also extra points if you scan the items in UPCS and see if anything is currently on sale and then create the signs for the sale/TPC/promotion prices - drive sales!
I also spray down the shelves/wipe them down so everything is nice and clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back