help with helium

I just started as a receiver and don't know what to do with the empty balloon time helium tanks. when I started their was one left over from the last receiver now there are two. I asked my ETL he didn't know. are they supposed to go into metal recylcing? they kinda large to put in an ESIM bin.

I just started as a receiver and don't know what to do with the empty balloon time helium tanks. when I started their was one left over from the last receiver now there are two. I asked my ETL he didn't know. are they supposed to go into metal recylcing? they kinda large to put in an ESIM bin.

Defect out a helium tank and see what comes up or check your ESIM poster and see what it suggests. If all else fails ask the people pick up the esim in your state and ask them, they process this stuff all day everyday.

You dont have to put in a container. Bag it if you can, attach an FL bin sign to the item, and leave it on your pallet.

They don't pick up those at my store. It may be different in your state. I send it out via salvage. Just be sure you put the appropriate labels on the box you are using to ship out.

Just FYI you may in the future get items that only a specific component is considered ESIM. For example, some of the riding vehicles will come up as CA. I just remove the battery which is the part that is being flagged and the actual truck can go to Electronics Recycling.

Last edited:
They at least with our contract the guys/girls who pick up the ESIM are supposed to take them. They wouldn't for the longest time but we all went back and checked so now they do.

We store them with a post it note taped to it, ESIM and stack them on a shelf where we have a little bit of space.

Since the disposal seems to vary by state reach out to a receiver near you. If the SD or ETLs can't recommend who to call I bet your PML will know who you can reach out to. Receivers have to help to each other because if you dont do the job do everyday you don't know all the details.
My Icee rep told me today that for the past month he has been trying to get a credit done at a store. He said no one knows how. I said it just doing credits for every other vendor. He said everytime he goes to that store the receiver is at lunch and the person covering doesn't know how to do it.

Esim .

For example, some of the riding vehicles will come up as CA. I just remove the battery which is the part that is being flagged and the actual truck can go to Electronics Recycling.
Why remove the battery to begin with? It will go to CRC anyway .

Why remove the battery to begin with? It will go to CRC anyway .
Because CA is corrosive acid and is an ESIM category and I’ll be dammed if I but an entire riding vehicle in esim. If you remove the battery it is no longer ESIM and you can sweep the vehicle on the CRC pallet.

Since the disposal seems to vary by state reach out to a receiver near you. If the SD or ETLs can't recommend who to call I bet your PML will know who you can reach out to. Receivers have to help to each other because if you dont do the job do everyday you don't know all the details.
My Icee rep told me today that for the past month he has been trying to get a credit done at a store. He said no one knows how. I said it just doing credits for every other vendor. He said everytime he goes to that store the receiver is at lunch and the person covering doesn't know how to do it.

Then that ICEE guy just needs to adjust his visit time a bit earlier or later..

Then that ICEE guy just needs to adjust his visit time a bit earlier or later..
I'm going to say I disagree. During the hours receiving is open who ever is covering while the receiver is at lunch needs to be able to check in deliveries and give credits. Thats why I do a little happy dance when the fdc truck comes while I''m at lunch. After all next year if our job does change under modernization they may as well know how now.

I'm going to say I disagree. During the hours receiving is open who ever is covering while the receiver is at lunch needs to be able to check in deliveries and give credits. Thats why I do a little happy dance when the fdc truck comes while I''m at lunch. After all next year if our job does change under modernization they may as well know how now.
To be fair vendors should know it’s okay to wait as Target is pretty generous with this aspect. I’ve worked at a couple major grocery chains and it’s 1 receiver and that’s it. If they’re on lunch you wait. Target is generous with allowing multiple people be trained. Granted if someone’s covering then yes they should know how to do basic tasks but someone who covers a couple hours a week shouldn’t know how to do everything

Back