Archived Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo...I'm an ETL and have been for about three years and I just started to work in a new store. Problem is, my boss threatens termination all the time (to all ETLs and TLs) and coaches over the walkie where all ETLs, TLs, and TMs can hear. I feel sick having to go into work everyday because of these shenanigans and have no clue what to do in this situation. I've been with Target for over a decade and have never experienced such a hostile work environment and negativity day in and day out. What happened to fast, fun, and friendly and having amazing moments with the team?!?! HELP!!!

I'd make a VERY detailed account of what he/she does and says call your DTL and/or integrity.
I didn't even think you can call the hotline as an ETL. The STL even yells at us for eating lunch! We're like slaves in there. Unfortunately, they gets results so I feel like they would try to keep them around so calling the hotline or ratting them out to the DTL won't work. I've been thinking about leaving the company but am so scared after such a long time with them. This is such a shame... :-(

An anonymous call to the integrity line would be just that, however if it is just effecting the ETLs I'm afraid you're right it would be an issue.
However if the STL is attacking and mistreating all of the employees equally such a call seem appropriate and I'm surprised somebody hasn't made it already.
Though if, as you said, the STL has had sterling results than I'm not too surprised the company has dragged its feet about cracking down.

Have you thought about transferring to another store?
You wouldn't be giving up your investment in the company and might find a less stressful working environment.
On the other hand, dicks like this are at least safe since you can see them coming.
The ones you really have to worry about are the ones who are nice to your face and stab you in the back.

An anonymous call to the integrity line would be just that, however if it is just effecting the ETLs I'm afraid you're right it would be an issue.
However if the STL is attacking and mistreating all of the employees equally such a call seem appropriate and I'm surprised somebody hasn't made it already.
Though if, as you said, the STL has had sterling results than I'm not too surprised the company has dragged its feet about cracking down.

Have you thought about transferring to another store?
You wouldn't be giving up your investment in the company and might find a less stressful working environment.
On the other hand, dicks like this are at least safe since you can see them coming.
The ones you really have to worry about are the ones who are nice to your face and stab you in the back.

I just tranferred. Stuck for 18 months I suppose...

I'd make a VERY detailed account of what he/she does and says call your DTL and/or integrity.
I didn't even think you can call the hotline as an ETL. The STL even yells at us for eating lunch! We're like slaves in there. Unfortunately, they gets results so I feel like they would try to keep them around so calling the hotline or ratting them out to the DTL won't work. I've been thinking about leaving the company but am so scared after such a long time with them. This is such a shame... :-(

As an ETL I would hope you know the correct answer to this question already. This type of situation relates to two different leadership expectations, resilient and adaptable and demonstrates courage. One of three things will take place at this point... Either you will adapt to this STL and store and fit into their version of leadership for 18 to 24 months, you and your peers will demonstrate courage and provide your STL with feedback and start compromising on changes to culture, or you will quit/get terminated...

I have worked for this type of ETL before. Damn best practice just do it his way. If he doesn't like you he will find a reason to get rid of you. This type of leader makes me puke during visits especially. They are the best liars and manipulators. Over the walkie they talk all sweet and nice but the minute the visit ends it is back to the tyrant. What really sucks is that his bosses know what a dick he can be, but as long as the numbers are delivered.....Document everything but realistically it won't make any difference. Do your job, keep your nose clean and don't let your job become your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back