• Thread starter mxrbook
  • Start date
  • Replies 21
  • Views 3K
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mxrbook

I think the ETL GE in my store is about to get termed. He's under immense pressure to take the store to green conversion and has failed miserably. Of course, it takes about 30 to 40 REDCards each day to get to green in my store, but that's the expectation from the STL and the DTL.

So for all of you who think the cashiers and GSAs and GSTLs are the only ones getting pressured, kiss this ETL GE goodbye. I wonder how soon all the GSTLs and GSAs are history, also.

I always wonder this. We're consistently in the bottom 5 in the district in what seems like everything. No one ever gets fired.

I think the ETL GE in my store is about to get termed. He's under immense pressure to take the store to green conversion and has failed miserably. Of course, it takes about 30 to 40 REDCards each day to get to green in my store, but that's the expectation from the STL and the DTL.

So for all of you who think the cashiers and GSAs and GSTLs are the only ones getting pressured, kiss this ETL GE goodbye. I wonder how soon all the GSTLs and GSAs are history, also.

Wouldnt be surprised if they just changed workcenters instead of being fired

Sad to say this doesn't sound like irony so much CYA mixed with SOP.
The STL is getting pressure from above and the simple solution is to start firing people.
The mistake the ETL GE made was to not term people first.
It would have held off his own firing longer and made him look tough on the issue.
The system is broken and in the long run it's going to bite Spot in the ass.

Here's my problem:

The corporate sheet that gives you what your numerical goal is for the next week, consistently tells us that that goal is 40.

We get 74 and are blazing red. Because of prompts.

We've got a 35% penetration rate and yet are getting a good 300 to 400 prompts a day. Then we get notice that the system is going to prompt EVEN MORE?!?!

STOP IT DAMNIT.

.....waiting for the irony........

...anyways

Theres a few tricks to stopping prompts IIRC, but yeah... sucks.

Also I don't think they can performance out a GSA for overall REDCard metrics, only personal metrics (if they cashier). Granted knowing Spot's douchebaggery, they'll just performance the GSA out a different way.

.....waiting for the irony........

...anyways

Theres a few tricks to stopping prompts IIRC, but yeah... sucks.

Also I don't think they can performance out a GSA for overall REDCard metrics, only personal metrics (if they cashier). Granted knowing Spot's douchebaggery, they'll just performance the GSA out a different way.
What tricks are there? I've tried a few and I can't find any that work

I hate that as a GSA I take credit/blame for how the night goes on conversion. We finally managed to squeak up to 3.0 for the week last night, so I get to take the credit. Why do I get the credit simply because I was lucky enough to be running the lanes when a cashier managed three Redcards last night to put us over the top? Why do I get the blame when my schedule is stacked with cashiers who ask everyone and everyone declines? It's a mess of a system.

It's designed to fail because - no matter how close you get/go over your goal - the number of prompts goes into high gear.
Because of this, one of our GSAs is pulling her hair out.
And she laughed when I left the front lanes.
That's irony.

We meet goal every day, because we have half dozen GREAT cashiers. I have so much respect for those guys. I couldn't do it.

Funny fact, our cashiers with the highest conversion rates are the ones that english is a second language.

Go figure.

It's designed to fail because - no matter how close you get/go over your goal - the number of prompts goes into high gear.
Because of this, one of our GSAs is pulling her hair out.
And she laughed when I left the front lanes.
That's irony.

Hey somebody knows irony!

Wow.....40 cards a day?
Our store goal is 10.

We've been green up until three weeks ago....now we're red. I'm guessing that the red score is due to the fact that the remodel has been going on. Stuff getting moved....and coolers/freezers aren't very full.

Our Grand Reopening is next Sunday.......please pray for us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back