Archived Hi Everyone. Cashier on LOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I've been lurking for a long while... Anywho, I'm a cashier currently taking my LOA to finish my M.S. in math.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Do you have a plan for your math degree?
My wife became a teacher after becoming a mathematician but I know that's not for everyone.

Welcome to The Break Room.

Do you have a plan for your math degree?
My wife became a teacher after becoming a mathematician but I know that's not for everyone.

I honestly don't... I've taught several grade levels (9-13 year olds and 9-11 grade) and was not a huge fan of the kids I was teaching. During my undergrad and my grad careers, I TA'ed different classes at the two universities I was attending and genuinely enjoying teaching that age group. So I'm looking into working in higher Ed or maybe in somewhere else in the field. But either way, I hope not be at the spot...

It's tough, she thought about being an actuary considering how good the money is but decided to work in an urban school district with gang kids teaching them math.
She got a lot of satisfaction out of it but there were times when she kind of wished she'd gone with the actuary job especially when the governor kept cutting the teachers pensions.

This is the tattoo I have for her since she made me promise never to put her name on my body.

It's tough, she thought about being an actuary considering how good the money is but decided to work in an urban school district with gang kids teaching them math.
She got a lot of satisfaction out of it but there were times when she kind of wished she'd gone with the actuary job especially when the governor kept cutting the teachers pensions.

This is the tattoo I have for her since she made me promise never to put her name on my body.

Aw, how sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back