Archived Hitting Push Goal Time - Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrB

So I've been working at Target for a year or so now and I still seem to have trouble with meeting the goal time for the particular day's workload. I don't know if there is anything that I can do to speed things up besides moving from place to place faster. I didn't get that much help from the previous person who did this, he seemed to get everything done on time. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for getting this done faster?

I have no idea if I'm hitting the goal or not, I should probably start looking at the goal times. I'm happy any day where I'm done with push before lunch (5 hours). Biggest thing is to get as familiar with the layout as possible. It's a lot easier to push the repacks and move faster if you know where everything is/have it somewhat sorted in a smart cart. I also scan and sort dvds and music by aisle, not having to walk back and forth a hundred times saves a lot of time.

Yeah, I sort my repacks into carts based on sections they go into like 1 - 12 is a cart and 13 - 20 is a cart. I pretty familuar with the general layout. Movies are alright but casing them takes some time; do you case welst you push you blu-rays or do you pick the blu-rays out and case them when you are sorting? Also CD's and Books take me the longest; I detest the children's book section, the books are never in the right spot.

What I'm about to outline is essentially against best practice and SSZ practice, but it does work.

Typically I will have my TM do the following;

1) Break electronics (not MMB) up into 3 parts, set up carts for each of the 3 blocks
2) Have your flow TL set up separate custom blocks for MMB and Elec, so that MMB can be sorted separately from the truck.
3) Break out your security, audit, and push it as the truck is being unloaded, most of the time you will be able to keep up with it. By the time the unload is done, your security will also be almost complete.
4) Breakout your repacks into the carts.
5) Push your non MMB product, backstock your security, and move on to MMB.

MMB

1) Set up 2 carts, 1 for push, 1 for backstock. Remember a lot of your dvds will have different locations (Checklanes, Value Endcap) or be direct backstock because they are not set yet (Streetdates.)
2) Scan through your dvds and cds, sort them into aisles or secondary locations. Send any unset product to be backstocked.
3) Push your MMB.

This seems like a lot of overhead, but remember, the faster you get AWAY from the electronics boat, the less guest time you are putting in. Breaking out all of the product helps you to minimize footsteps and save time. If you are a 730 process, you will likely need 2 TM's to push electronics, because of the guest impacting your push times. If this is the case, the second person can push MMB after the unload, while the first TM focuses on non MMB and servicing guests.

If your store has a Target mobile rep in the AM, they may help you do things like case blu-rays etc, if they are bored.

Good luck!

Yep, kid's books is the worst - mainly because of the tiered shelves. You can't see the labels except the first tier of each rack. And some people push to the front of the label instead of the back - so for example 3-11-5 is pushed to 3-10-5. The worst of the worst is Kid's Activities - so many different sizes and the smaller things fall behind the larger and disappear until the next reset.

Yeah, I sort my repacks into carts based on sections they go into like 1 - 12 is a cart and 13 - 20 is a cart. I pretty familuar with the general layout. Movies are alright but casing them takes some time; do you case welst you push you blu-rays or do you pick the blu-rays out and case them when you are sorting? Also CD's and Books take me the longest; I detest the children's book section, the books are never in the right spot.
I looked today, the goal time for electronics was 1:30 (2100 piece truck), pretty sure this doesn't count the repacks (I had 9 of them, 3 were movies/cds). I was completely done with push and backstock by my 5th hour today.

I sort 3-4 repacks at a time into a smart cart: cellphone stuff/chargers/iPad covers on top, ink and computer stuff middle, and stereos/back wall stuff on bottom. Takes me about 30 minutes to push one of those carts (depending on how full it is - sometimes it's overflowing) :eek:

If I have a lot of blu rays I will set them aside while I push the regular dvds. I usually take the plastic tub of clam shells with me, sometimes I open a bunch of them in advance. Today I just pushed them all at the same time, put the cases on while I went.

Music takes me the longest. My TL wants me to fill the gondola before any other locations, so when I sort them I scan them and go through all of the locations to see what's going to the gondola, or a check lane, and I sort them accordingly. The browsers are impossible...I hate to say it, but I just put them wherever there's an empty spot.

Kids books are awful, especially those early reader ones. I try to zone as I go. I usually pick up a stack of about 10 books and scan/stock, go back to the cart and pick up another stack, and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back