Archived Holding employees after clock out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store the only ones who have to stay are tl's and the tl's leave once we are done. The tl's stay til the closing etl is ready then we walk out together. But I would stay clocked in until they hit the alarm button

Hi all! I have been lurking for a very long time and have decided now is the time to post.

We have an etl that thinks it is perfectly ok to do roll call at the front doors after clocking out at night. So we are standing there for 3-4 min until everyone closing that night gets up to the doors.

So, would I be wrong in putting in a punch correction? I mean, its only 5 min a week or so, but still, that's 5 min he's not letting us leave. I am assuming best practice is to walk out in 2+ groups. At least that was what I was told at orientation long ago. And I can understand if there is an issue right at closing time that the person may still be in the parking lot and is very upset. But to simply hold us so we all walk out together?

I did have a conversation with one of the HR girls and she said to do a punch correction and put "other" then fully explain why I was doing it. So, I will be doing that tonight and we will see what happens.
Sounds like he's looking out for everyones safety.... Strength in numbers..

Openers do. Closers do. It's only people who come in after open and leave before close that are free to not wait for an lod.
idk about your store but none of us bundle up by the door waiting to be let in during opening we all ring the doorbell as we come and get let in like that

Last edited:
idk about your store but none of us bundle up by the door waiting to be let in during opening we all ring the doorbell as we come and get let in like that
Lazy as fuck key holders take so long is not intentional on our part. Doorbell, walkie, doesn't matter. Tsc is across the checklanes from the door so they dawdle.

My store closes at 11. When we are trying to save on payroll (only recently) closers leave by 11:30. When we aren't being stingy with hours, it's up to the LOD's discretion. Sometimes we've been there until 1 am. 2 am when we close at midnight around holiday time. Softlines and hardlines typically walk up to TSC together and then all leave together. The LOD does make sure he/she has seen every tm and TL leave, because once a tm got locked in the store. She was working guest service and went to use the rest room at the end of the night. Her walkie died and the LOD forgot about her. Whoops.

I usually don't clock out till I'm let out. Sometimes I clock out 10 minutes early, sometimes I clock out 15 minutes after my shift ends when I leave with the LoD/GSA/GSTL/AP at 10/11:45

There is no such thing as a set schedule in retail. You are their slave and you will do their bidding.

That's what we do at my store too. When your shift is up you just leave by your self. I rarely ever close, but I usually open around 7am and its pitch black when I get there. They want us to Park in the back of the parking lot (away from the street lights) which makes me feel really unsafe. They don't want us to Park near the front because that's" guest parking". I don't think my store really cares about what happens to us in the parking lot.
At every store I've worked at (5 total,) they have told me to park anywhere past the cart returns.

When I first started at spot my one Etl would do this. At the time we closed at 10 would be scheduled till 11 but it be 1120 or 1130 before we would be allowed to leave. Eventually a bunch of us decided once we had our zone and reshop done we would just leave know asking or telling. Just punched out and left. We also park where ever we want I don't wanna hear that crap that the front spots should be left for guests. Trust me a lot of them could use the walk from the back lot. I even park in curbside if it's busy when I get to work

We also park where ever we want I don't wanna hear that crap that the front spots should be left for guests. Trust me a lot of them could use the walk from the back lot. I even park in curbside if it's busy when I get to work
Wow. Feel entitled much?

There is no such thing as a set schedule in retail. You are their slave and you will do their bidding.
Then I guess they are bidding for me to have a set schedule because that's what I've had since February.

We also park where ever we want I don't wanna hear that crap that the front spots should be left for guests. Trust me a lot of them could use the walk from the back lot. I even park in curbside if it's busy when I get to work
I don't know about you, but it would piss me off if the people who are going to be there all day park right out front, forcing the hundreds of others who come and go to park at the back. And sure, some people won't know the difference, but some certainly will.

My stores leadership constantly makes remarks that everyone needs to park in certain areas and use buddy systems when entering or exiting - but do little to really encourage or enforce this. I work a majority of close shifts and am always one of the last tms to leave because I tend to finish whatever needs done on soft lines sides, esp if in the fitting room. My leadership constantly recognizes and thanks me for being willing to do this - esp as many times its to pick up from some less diligent tms -- but this means I almost always walk out in to an emptyish parking lot alone. I don't feel scared, and if I did I would request to wait with them for a walkout .... But it's clear they know I leave alone and it's not an issue. I will say though if I come in and the rows we are expected to use only have spots far from the building / near the road I will go another row closer so when I leave I'm not required to walk so far from the lit store front alone. But it's still fairly far from prime guest parking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back