Archived Holiday Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Quickart

Cart Magician turned GSTL
First off no one, anywhere, is open Thanksgiving. The Denver test either didn't go well or they realized that being open that day was just cruel.

It looks like holiday hours posted to workbench. They are different for most stores this year instead of having one more or less generic set. The biggest surprise? They don't suck! In fact if ours actually stick with what is posted there will be no midnights for us this year and we even close earlier on a few key days, like new years eve! This was shocking to me given that we are a AA+. The black Friday hours were still listed as TBD.

If you have workbench access go to tools>4th quarter planning>general holiday hours. You then open their excel spreadsheet to see what schedule your store is. Prepare to be amazed.

If you combine this with the new vibe roll out either corporate is all on drugs or they actually care about us again. I never thought I would see us go back to pre-recession Target. I think Target is going back to the awesome place to work at like I have only heard stories of!

You're lucky. We are open later this year. There are a few weeks we are open until midnight.

I did say "if we stick with those hours" for a reason. When I asked one of our ETLs about the to-good-to-be-true hours she told me that they had redacted them, only to put the same hours back up. No one honestly believes those will be our hours.

Black Friday is going to be 10....unless Wal-Mart does something crazy. That's probably one of the reasons that they aren't being very loose with payroll.

I managed to get a sneak peak and the interesting thing I noticed was Christmas Eve. Outside of New Years Eve, everything else is normal (compared to what it was in previous years), but 9pm Christmas Eve? Ouch. Hopefully the schedule is still being adjusted as I can't even imagine those hours at my store.

I managed to get a sneak peak and the interesting thing I noticed was Christmas Eve. Outside of New Years Eve, everything else is normal (compared to what it was in previous years), but 9pm Christmas Eve? Ouch. Hopefully the schedule is still being adjusted as I can't even imagine those hours at my store.

lol...9pm xmas eve. If someone lacks THAT MUCH planning skills than that is just sad. And you know those guests coming in the last 2 hours would be the first ones to make a big fuss out of us being out of whatever product.

lol...9pm xmas eve. If someone lacks THAT MUCH planning skills than that is just sad. And you know those guests coming in the last 2 hours would be the first ones to make a big fuss out of us being out of whatever product.

This. Murphy's Law of Retail takes full force just before Christmas...

...to be preceeded by the "Is this ALL the Hallowe'en costumes you have?!"

I know at the national sales meeting that when the company was giving a presentation there were 2 separate slides that showed 10pm thanksgiving day opening hours.

I know at the national sales meeting that when the company was giving a presentation there were 2 separate slides that showed 10pm thanksgiving day opening hours.

How is this even possible? They are going to staff the store from 10pm to 11 or 12 the next night? Life Balance my ass. If they do this they will probably hire a ton of people just for black friday...what a waste.

How is this even possible? They are going to staff the store from 10pm to 11 or 12 the next night? Life Balance my ass. If they do this they will probably hire a ton of people just for black friday...what a waste.

to even get setup you would have to be in at 8-9pm on thanksgiving....small store like ours we would have to have the whole team doing double 12hour shifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back