Archived Holiday pay (thanksgiving)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noone ( not even Hr)seems to know.what is the requirement to get holiday pay ?
A few Tm who used to get holiday pay ,did not this year for thanksgiving ! ( and they work over 35 hrs a week ,as far as I know and have been with target for years )

I have been working for over a year ,and my year to date average is 34 .3 hrs ,and I didn't get it ! ( i worked the day before and the day after thanksgiving !) .by calling the hotline ,it seems that the year to date doesn't matter ,but that the average from the prior year in the fall ,matters !
I am ( and others are) confused. !

Any position that is full-time. APL, SFT, TLs, ect.

I'm a GSA that works 40+ hours a week, but I'm considered a part-time employee by the company. Thus, I do not get holiday pay.

See i'm part-time, my average hours says its just bellow 30. Since i started 6 years ago i have always gotten Holiday pay. I'm not sure what the requirements are. I can tell you this though i've always been able to bump up my average to get full time benefits when the enrollment week comes around every year.

I get paid for it every year since at least 2008. It was around then that I got a letter from Tgt saying that I was then considered ft. It really helped with this paycheck.

We had notices up all around the TSC that said if we worked anytime on Thanksgiving, it would be OT. There will be a mutiny if we don't get it...and I will be the first one to the integrity hotline.

you'll get the time and 1/2 for working on thanksgiving but there's also holiday pay that some team members got. It was my understanding that if you're average hours were high enough you got it and it didn't matter if you were full time or considered part time. I could be wrong on that though.

it use to be that any tm (not just tl) that averaged full time hours and been with the company at least 2 years.

you'll get the time and 1/2 for working on thanksgiving but there's also holiday pay that some team members got. It was my understanding that if you're average hours were high enough you got it and it didn't matter if you were full time or considered part time. I could be wrong on that though.

Ah...thank you!

I am under 2 years ,so maybe that's it !
But an another tm has been with target for 7 years ,and on paychecks it states avg hrs: 35hr

When tm called hotline,she was told her average was only 30 !!!! Which didn't make any sense !

Last edited:
Last year, I got holiday pay.
I worked over 1000 hours(requirement one from what I've been told).
My average hours was over 32/week.(law for whats full time whats not)
I was also past my 90 days with zero dings on my record.

This year I'm not getting holiday pay because I took an LOA in the spring, killing my average hours. I'm still well under 2 years with Spot.

once a year, Target does an average hours for benefits sheet. if your hours are over a certain amount, which for full time would be over 31.99 hours, then for that next year you qualify for full time benefits. The info comes out if January/February, and that sets your benefits for the next year.

What full time actually translates into has changed over the years, which is part of what causes the confusion.

Currently - for me, it means that I get paid holiday pay for Thanksgiving and Christmas. The pay amount is based again on an average. If you always work 40 hours, and your average is 40 hours, you should receive 8 hours holiday pay for that day. If your average is lower, as mine is, your pay will be lower. My average is around 30 hours, so my pay for Thanksgiving I think will be 6.50 hours.

An LOA doesn't lower your average hours - an LOA actually freezes your status.

I hope that helps

once a year, Target does an average hours for benefits sheet. if your hours are over a certain amount, which for full time would be over 31.99 hours, then for that next year you qualify for full time benefits. The info comes out if January/February, and that sets your benefits for the next year.

What full time actually translates into has changed over the years, which is part of what causes the confusion.

Currently - for me, it means that I get paid holiday pay for Thanksgiving and Christmas. The pay amount is based again on an average. If you always work 40 hours, and your average is 40 hours, you should receive 8 hours holiday pay for that day. If your average is lower, as mine is, your pay will be lower. My average is around 30 hours, so my pay for Thanksgiving I think will be 6.50 hours.

An LOA doesn't lower your average hours - an LOA actually freezes your status.

I hope that helps

I was going to say that too! If your average did lower significantly, HR did not enter your LOA correctly. You may want to speak with them about it.

I was going to say that too! If your average did lower significantly, HR did not enter your LOA correctly. You may want to speak with them about it.

interesting, now i transferred out but am returning for winterbreak, should i ask about it?

interesting, now i transferred out but am returning for winterbreak, should i ask about it?

you will usually get a more accurate answer by calling the TMSC/HROC 1-800-394-1885 or the benefits number for HLCG 1-800-828-5850

it's their job to know these things and they can look into your specific issue. The people at the stores, while well meaning, sometimes just don't know.

Only those TM's who HAD an average hours of 31.50 or above back during the ABEC (Annual Benefits Calculation) in January 2012 were eligible for National Holiday Pay on Thanksgiving Day of 2012. It doesn't matter what your average hours are now, were in Nov, etc, only when the ALL important, ABEC was calculated decides these things. PT vs FT

you will usually get a more accurate answer by calling the TMSC/HROC 1-800-394-1885 or the benefits number for HLCG 1-800-828-5850

it's their job to know these things and they can look into your specific issue. The people at the stores, while well meaning, sometimes just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back