Archived Holiday pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole84

GSAallday
I work as a gsa in a new store in California and was wondering if target pays time and a half for independence day? Is it just for TL?

I believe they do but I'm not 100% on that. TLs get paid whether they work or not for the 4th.

Which holidays do team members get paid time and a half for? I know July 4th and Thanksgiving, but what about Labor Day, Memorial Day, etc?

Yes Labor Day and Memorial Day are both time and a half holidays. I think New Year's Day is one too. (Others correct me if I'm wrong).

New Years Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are all paid at the holiday pay rate (x1.5) if you work.

I think Veteran's Day might be part of that list too. I think (if I remember correctly) I got time & a half for it.

I just found my paystub for that period. Period Beginning 11/3/13 - Period ending 11/16/13 I was paid time & a half for "StHolPrm" for a shift. The only holiday that falls in those dates is Veterans Day. I remember being surprised that I got the extra pay since I had just started on 11/3 and didn't think I'd get any of those kinds of things until after my 90 days. Maybe it's depending on the state? But I def got the time & a half.

That's a blue law related specifically to your state. The rest of us don't get time and a half for it.

Target US has 6 Paid time and half holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas

You get a shift differential for Christmas eve . I remember my store asking people to come in and they told people they would be getting a set amount not 1.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back