Archived "Holiday" price match

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I saw the January 2013 price match guidelines and it says to keep up the vibe (ha) we will be continuing to do online price matching through Target.com and the online competitors from the Christmas season for guests through the iPad. I assume this will start back up again on the 1st?

Looks to be the same rules as before.

I put up the new price match signs to replace the holiday signs and they say 'does not include target.com' for price match.

That's weird....because I flipped through the 30 some odd pages of the booklet with the words "January 2013" in big letters on the front, and it clearly says everywhere in there we are price matching target.com upon request. Hmmm....

I did check on that too. We are still doing price matching till the middle of jan.
From target.com:

The item must be the identical item, brand name, size, weight, color, quantity and model number.
Limit of one competitor online price match per identical item, per guest.
Price must be valid at the time the price match is requested.
Retail price must be shown on the website or print ad. Online prices will be validated by a Target team member.
Competitor online items must be in stock at the time a price match is requested.
Competitor catalogs can be matched as long as the catalog displays a current date, retail price and meets all other competitor ad match qualifications.
If item is not available in a Target store, a rain check will not be issued to match the online price or competitor’s print ad.
We reserve the right to verify a competitor’s advertised price and the availability of the item.
Details do not apply to CityTarget stores; see details below.

Price Match Guarantee: exclusions

Competitor exclusions:

Alaska and Hawaii Target stores are excluded from online competitor price matching.
Items originally purchased at Target.com (for items purchased on Target.com, click here for policy: opens in a new window.).
Prices from other Target stores.
Online prices from competitors not listed above.

Price exclusions:

“Marketplace” prices: Price matched items must be sold by Walmart.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, or BabiesRUs.com; prices from third party sellers on these websites will not be honored.
Prices that only display on a website after guests log in.
Clearance, closeout, damaged product, refurbished, open packages or liquidation sales.
Prices advertised only as a percent off or dollar off.
Paid membership club or paid loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card that is associated with a membership fee).
Buy one, get one if the retail price is not shown in the advertisement.
Competitor coupon-required.
Competitor price matches on items where Target or the competitor is offering a free gift card.
Mail-in offers or instant rebates.
Offers that include financing.

Ad exclusions:

Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity.
Black Friday ads (including adjusting prices for previously purchased items).
Pricing or typographical errors.

Item exclusions:

Non-branded items (e.g., produce not marketed under a specific brand name).
Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.).
Target Portrait Studio, Optical and Clinic offers.
Contract cell phone plans and devices.
Target team member discounts may not be used with online competitor price match. All matches are done against pre-tax prices; guest is responsible for applicable taxes.

So pellinore is a genius (or has been working for Spot way too long).

There was no end date given on this packet to indicate this would end any time soon.

R&K, naturally this was not mentioned to me, nor has the iPad been in its usual place. I haven't seen any of the signing at my store, so we'll see how long it takes guests to catch on.

There was no end date given on this packet to indicate this would end any time soon.

R&K, naturally this was not mentioned to me, nor has the iPad been in its usual place. I haven't seen any of the signing at my store, so we'll see how long it takes guests to catch on.

there was an email sent to me that i gave to the GSTM. Ask your gstl if she received anything?

Considering they printed out the guidelines, they obviously got something, but I found the packet buried in the drawer at the service desk....so they probably told the one person who was back their at the time and called it good.

Do you guys have a communication book back there? We make every person that works up there pick up the book and read back until the last time they worked there. To make sure this is done you have to write something in the book every time you work. We were having huge issues with communication up there until we did this. Once a month or so I flip through the book and tear out the things that is day specific and leave the things that would be helpful for newly trained team member to know up there. When we train someone up there we have them read the entire book because it's a really good training tool.

We used to maintain one for the GSTLs/GSAs while I was there.
Another item that got dropped when I left the lanes.

I would love if we had one one of those...but with this crowd, that idea is never going to happen. They only like to pass off enough information so you can do your job...if they can withhold something to make themselves look better, they will. Gives them reason to be snippy or step in and do something different when the time comes. I love service desk...I really do...I just never dreamed that most of the meanness would come from the employees and not the guests.

I put up the new price match signs to replace the holiday signs and they say 'does not include target.com' for price match.

I thought it meant if the guest originally purchases something from target.com we cannot adjust to a lower price that is in-store or online.

The only major changes they seem to have made from the "Holiday Price Match Policy" is that we can now price match out-of-stock items (target.com ONLY) and that price adjustments for in-store sales has been changes from 14 days to 7 days.

They put up our register signs yesterday, and they do say that target.com is included in the price match. So go figure.

They put up our register signs yesterday, and they do say that target.com is included in the price match. So go figure.

My store doesn't have either of those. Ours are Red Card on one side and Low Price Promise on the other side.

Just got the new price match signs via Fed Ex ground and looks like RG is right, the verbiage is pretty much the same as the holiday pricematch.
Which completely contradicts the great big sign I squeegeed to the front of guest services that says we don't match target.com.
So I give up.

Just got the new price match signs via Fed Ex ground and looks like RG is right, the verbiage is pretty much the same as the holiday pricematch.
Which completely contradicts the great big sign I squeegeed to the front of guest services that says we don't match target.com.
So I give up.

I was talking to our signing person and she said she got an urgent message instructing her to take that down, I'm guessing that's why.

So I give up.

There was a message board about this to throw away the new price match cling for guest services and only keep up the 5% one.

There was a message board today to take down all the "Our Low Price Promise" headers and signs and replace them with the new Price Match signs. They said that they were going to make an official release on January 8th about our new price matching. From what I read on the new signs it says that we match local store ads, select online stores, and target.com. There should be a big rollout of signage for the store sometime in the spring.

There was a message board about this to throw away the new price match cling for guest services and only keep up the 5% one.

There was a message board today to take down all the "Our Low Price Promise" headers and signs and replace them with the new Price Match signs. They said that they were going to make an official release on January 8th about our new price matching. From what I read on the new signs it says that we match local store ads, select online stores, and target.com. There should be a big rollout of signage for the store sometime in the spring.

Thanks, hadn't seen that one yet but it helps the headache I've developed (but not the drinking habit).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back