Archived Holiday Return Policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we aren't doing the extended return policy this year. A guest was asking about it today and I called guest relations and they said they did not think we are doing it this year. I'm talking about past years when the 30 day return did not start until 12/25.

Yeah we're probably not doing it because someone forgot, or the person in charge of that quit.

It's ok though. We'all get a message in February telling us to accept any returns to make guests happy and uphold Target brand.

That's pretty shitty. Expect a lot of angry guests on this one. Most likely you will be instructed to go ahead with the returns.

all my electronics receipts say return by jan 26th and such..dunno what you are talking about OP.

Is that published anywhere? I had a very angry guest tonight!

The holiday return policy is posted on the return policy exception signs in electronics and entertainment and on all receipts that I've seen it says "Return by 1/24/17". As far as I know we're still doing it this year (at least I haven't heard we aren't).

And Halloween costumes a week after the day. They will take any thing back at any time. The guests know it and so do we. Say no and you're fired.

That's how the K-Marts in my area where. They would take anything back, many times even if it was something they didn't sell. We used to have 3 in my area & now there are none. Target should take notes. LOL!

Thank you for your responses. So it's posted in electronics and it's on receipts. Does it apply to electronics purchased online? Also, an ETL told me we were not doing it this year (wrong) and that last year was the first year that we allowed the extended returns. Is that correct?

Thank you for your responses. So it's posted in electronics and it's on receipts. Does it apply to electronics purchased online? Also, an ETL told me we were not doing it this year (wrong) and that last year was the first year that we allowed the extended returns. Is that correct?
Wrong and wrong. We've always done it til around the 26th of January AFAIK. This year it's January 24th. Also I'm pretty sure online orders count too, but not 100%.

You kinda have to think that they did that on purpose to make people get the red card for the extra 30 day.....

I was packing an SFS order for a phone case today and I noticed the packing slip said "return by 2-23-2017." What's that all about?

I was packing an SFS order for a phone case today and I noticed the packing slip said "return by 2-23-2017." What's that all about?
Phone cases are not electronics so they fall under the standard 90 day return policy.

Phone cases are not electronics so they fall under the standard 90 day return policy.
Phone cases are a part of electronics. Anything in department 80 (no contract phones and all phone accessories, cases included) has a 30 day return policy and is not extended by the RedCard.

Something else is going on with that if it was a standard Galaxy or iPhone case.

If I had to take a guess, was it one of those cheap $5 cases? Sometimes those come in under 1-spot DPCIs.

Last edited:
I did not know the 30 day extended warranty with the REDCard did not apply to electronics! Thanks!

Phone cases are a part of electronics. Anything in department 80 (no contract phones and all phone accessories, cases included) has a 30 day return policy and is not extended by the RedCard.

Something else is going on with that if it was a standard Galaxy or iPhone case.

If I had to take a guess, was it one of those cheap $5 cases? Sometimes those come in under 1-spot DPCIs.
No, it was an Otterbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back