Archived Holy Short Shift!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is certainly a first for me...

image.jpg

I'd verify that this is correct. Maybe your ETL will adjust the schedule for you?

Unfortunately, it is not unusual to see short shifts like this. The minimum they can schedule you for is a 3 hour shift. This also means you don't get a break unless they ask you to stay until 11pm. Maybe you can ask around other scheduled TMs to pick up a short shift that ends before your scheduled shift?

February, Week 1 is the worst in terms of hours. Just made a schedule that had 50 hours for all of hardlines for the entire week (B volume store)

So are they actually expecting you to zone any aisles or just end caps?

I hate baby shifts. I'd rather open and close then anything under 4 hours.

Unfortunately, it is not unusual to see short shifts like this. The minimum they can schedule you for is a 3 hour shift. This also means you don't get a break unless they ask you to stay until 11pm. Maybe you can ask around other scheduled TMs to pick up a short shift that ends before your scheduled shift?
That is false, I was scheduled for a 2 hour shift once. No idea how that happened and I ended up having to pick up an 9 hour shift that ended at my start time just to make it worth my while.

I have seen them schedule someone for under three hours ( the team member was scheduled 2 and a half hours). The team member went to an etl, he told them it was a mistake. Then added we cant make you come in for less that three hours...so he just added 30 minutes to their schedule that day.

The hours at my store on the latest schedule are an abomination. I saw a team member in food avenue on one day of that schedule scheduled for 545pm to 8pm. It's pathetic.

Put a snack bar or Snickers in your pocket. Go to the bathroom and have a lil snack. lol
I'm diabetic. I can't go 3 hours with nothing....

February, Week 1 is the worst in terms of hours. Just made a schedule that had 50 hours for all of hardlines for the entire week (B volume store)
that seems really horrible i wonder where the hours are being allocated? Im at a B volume and we scheduled 315 hours for the week of Feb 1 for hardlines.... we usually never go below 300 when the hours are "bad"
Ive also never seen anyone at my store scheduled less than 4 hours.

I have seen people scheduled for less than 3 hours before, but it has always been a mistake. When I asked our HR ninja , she informed me that the minimum scheduled shift is 3 hours. Anyone with fewer than that needs to collaborate with their HRTM or ETL-HR to fix it so they get 3 hours or more.

Weird, February week 1 on this schedule, my hours have gone up and I'm back to logisitics zone (what we use for brand scheduling and basically anything else that's odd).

Weird, February week 1 on this schedule, my hours have gone up and I'm back to logisitics zone (what we use for brand scheduling and basically anything else that's odd).
Is it possible your store is rolling out Ship from Store? That gets scheduled as Logistics Zone at my store (and others that I know of). And of course that would cause payroll hours to appear out of thin air.

Is it possible your store is rolling out Ship from Store? That gets scheduled as Logistics Zone at my store (and others that I know of). And of course that would cause payroll hours to appear out of thin air.

Nah. I know I'll be in cosmetics during that cause I'm not even officially backroom trained

that seems really horrible i wonder where the hours are being allocated? Im at a B volume and we scheduled 315 hours for the week of Feb 1 for hardlines.... we usually never go below 300 when the hours are "bad"
Ive also never seen anyone at my store scheduled less than 4 hours.
I'm wondering if your salesfloor still gets the hours for sales planners. It seems to vary from store to store. That could explain the short hardlines hours if salesplan hours are going to plano instead.

We haven't been hit too hard with cut hours yet, but we've been making good sales so maybe that's why.

Like others, I've never seen anyone go under 4 hours per shift. Even during our worst weeks of the year.

Mine went back up a bit (by 6 hours) as well for the first week of February.

They'll cut the hours until TMs start dropping like flies & they just cannot go any lower.

Someone has to pay for the Canada fiasco & Gregg's golden parachute & it sure isn't going to be the people who are in charge.

The only time I've ever been scheduled under 4 hours for a shift is when I was cash office training. I despise shifts shorter than 6 hours...they're just a waste of my gas and time.

Is it normal for Target not to schedule for a whole entire week? I was schedule on The 16th but I didn't make it because of the icy road storm.

At my store, only minor cashiers get shifts under 4 hours. And they still get a 15-min break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back