Archived Honorable Mention!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here I thought they were to weed out stupid people when we dressed them up like beach balls.
I'm sure some of you were around for that bit of fun.

Oops! Don't target that beach ball - http://www.startribune.com/oops-don-t-target-that-beach-ball/123262873/

Oh, and when I was looking for the article on the the beach ball covers I found this Mental Floss article.
Food for thought.
Nothing in there most of us don't know but kind of interesting.

15 Things You Might Not Know About Target - http://mentalfloss.com/article/67428/14-things-you-might-not-know-about-target

In 2016, a New Jersey mom hit Target with a $1.6 million lawsuit claiming they are a "nuisance that attracts children to play" on top of them. Her then five-year-old son was playing on top of a ball when he fell and shattered his right elbow.

maybe parent your fucking children instead of letting Kayden, Brayden, and Hayden run around doing whatever they want

maybe parent your fucking children instead of letting Kayden, Brayden, and Hayden run around doing whatever they want
I worked for a very magical, mousy company and constantly had to tell kids to get off things. It was required because not saying anything became a liability should a kid or whatnot get hurt. Also you would get fired for not warning the kid. When working with my furry friends, I often would tell children to not sit on the chains that made up the queues between the stanchions. It was constant, and those things would swing. I remember telling one family not to sit on them as they are not a seat and we didn't want any boo boos. Mom made a face at me (it's amazing how many parents get mad or then pretend to care), continued to let her children sit after I turned around. Next thing I know I hear a horrible THUD, little girl fell head first onto the concrete. Did the whole responder thing, 'do you need help? Do you need me to get help? Are you okay?' but mom was so embarrassed and probably felt really stupid that she denied my help and said they were fine despite the cries of her little girl.

I bet mom learned her lesson- or at the very least, the little girl did.

Never ceases to amaze me that parents want to point their fingers the other way for their negligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back