Archived Hostess is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what will Target do to fill up the soon-to-be empty space presently occupied by Hostess?

http://hostessbrands.com/Closing.aspx

I imagine they'll continue filling that shelf space with the exact same products, only with the logo of whatever company buys the rights to them, just the same as when other companies with valuable products liquidate their assets.

It will be a new product called Vibe cakes. They are very expensive, and the packaging is very bright and colorful. When you open it you will see that it has no substance or value, and in three days you forget you bought it at all.

I'm guessing that our store will just be putting our food from See. Spot. Save. there. We've got so much food in Spot that it looks like a mini grocery store!

There are rumors that the folks who make Bimbo bread are interested in buy the company.

I like how everyone is blaming the unions and not mentioning all the private equity buyouts that got it so into debt that they were demanding ridiculous concessions (like giving up the pension and retirement funds they had been paying into for years).

I must have had about a half dozen people asking for Twinkies yesterday. There. are. none!!! No Twinkies, no Ding Dongs, We do have alot of the Hostess Minidonuts and the 100 calorie stuff but that's it. And boy have I been craving Twinkies! However, I have not been craving them $50 worth.:girl_sad:

I can just imagine Bimbo (SAY BEEEEEMBO!!) Bakeries buying the brand. They own everything else in that aisle.

There are rumors that the folks who make Bimbo bread are interested in buy the company.

I like how everyone is blaming the unions and not mentioning all the private equity buyouts that got it so into debt that they were demanding ridiculous concessions (like giving up the pension and retirement funds they had been paying into for years).
Not to mention going into chapter 11 TWICE because of said practices as well as continuing to give executives pay bumps even as they were demanding cuts..

Last edited:
A little off topic and speaking of Bimbo, there was a time when a Consumable Team Lead entered a POG (or wrote down) as Bimbo. The Logistics TL said questioned on why he did that, and he said that is the actual name of the company.

I cannot tell you how many people I had calling tonight looking for Twinkies. Seriously. I doubt you cared about them a week ago and haven't eaten one in years. But now that you can't have one, you want one? Go away.

I hate Twinkies and Cupcakes so this closing really doesn't bother me.
If Peprdige Farm ever goes under then I'll be really bothered. No one can take away my seasonal Tim Tams.

At my store the whole hostess shelf cleared it is like extreme coupon people came in hoarded the shelves and took everything. A week ago they just laid there! All it is hype! People trying to make a buck when reality it probably won't sure sometimes it will in extreme cases but majority of it won't because there are so many people selling the hostess stuff no one will make a dime. I didn't like any of the hostess cakes except for the breads beefsteak but I am not going to go cry. Seriously.....

On the local Sunday night news there was a story that said there is a company in Mexico that might be interested in buying Hostess.
And the bread company Bimbo company is interested, too.

It kind of sounded like these two places are the same. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back