Hotline or through HR? Filing complaint against an ETL

Because straight white men can’t be discriminated against in the workplace?
And you can prove this person ONLY discriminates against that demographic? The protected classes are: race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex (gender), sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, and reprisal. So yes, "white men" can be discriminated against - but for this to be what you are thinking, they would have to specifically targeted while other classes are not.

I deal with what you are talking about. It is HARD to prove, needs iron-clad proof, and takes a LLOONNGG time to process. I've seen such complaints take two to three years to resolve. Are you that patient?

We were talking this week about the Bill O'Reilly scandal for my grad school class and had to bring examples of gender bias. I am a female; however, I figured since I knew everyone would go with females, I wanted to research "reverse" bias and see how males were faring.

Although around 25% of men report that they have been a victim, I could find only 4 lawsuits:
Google
Lawry's
Hooters (settled before court)
For the fourth, I had to go all the way across the globe (on my computer, not in person) to Austria. The government was convicted of giving preferential treatment to the female applicant and the President of Parlament admitted that she chose the female because of the "shocking underrepresentation of women in the past."

Here's to hoping for an end to bias for EVERYONE!!

Edited to make a bit more anonymous.

Last edited:
I can't find it, but there was a case where a straight white guy was harassed and bullied by another straight white guy who included dominant sexual talk in his bullying, like standing at the guy's desk and grabbing his own crotch while close to the sitting victim. The company argued there was no hostile environment since both men were straight and the court disagreed.

Relevant to this thread, if the ETL is saying anything remotely discriminatory, even against multiple groups, he could be nailed. An example on the govt website was work progress being belittled with "you're slow even for a woman". That's how subtle it can be and still be illegal.

I can't find it, but there was a case where a straight white guy was harassed and bullied by another straight white guy who included dominant sexual talk in his bullying, like standing at the guy's desk and grabbing his own crotch while close to the sitting victim. The company argued there was no hostile environment since both men were straight and the court disagreed.

Relevant to this thread, if the ETL is saying anything remotely discriminatory, even against multiple groups, he could be nailed. An example on the govt website was work progress being belittled with "you're slow even for a woman". That's how subtle it can be and still be illegal.
That last comment would constitute picking on a protected class, so is different. The person was harassing somebody clearly because they were a woman.

Back