Archived "Hourly salary"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the official term or paygrade is called. Anyways, I was thinking out loud to my ETL-log the other day about how dope it would be to get paid hourly but not have a set schedule. The time clock lets you clock in whenever and leave whenever. Then I noticed that our PMT pretty much does this already. He's not grouped with the rest of us on the grid and seems to be able to punch in whenever, at random times like 4:48 am, 5:17 am, etc. and I've never seen the time clock give him a REJECTED - EARLY/LATE error or need a LOD override.

Anybody know what this is really called and who do I have to blow to get it too. If I could punch in whenever I would make my own schedule something like 5:30am - 4pm Mon - Fri. Get that money s0n!

I believe PMT are not hourly salaried. If I look into my store leadership on the zebra, PMT is listed among the ETLs so I believe they're in the same paygrade. I could be wrong though.

PMT and AP are the only positions that are billed to the district not the store so I’m sure there’s something that allows them to make their own schedule. PMT and AP also need approval form their BP for OT instead of stl

In small format SrTLs have this ability. We don't necessarily make our own schedule. My STL still makes our scheldues. But things happen, STL may want us in earlier, Sr's swapped shifts or something along those lines. We can punch any time. On or off the grid it will approve. We can also do overrides for team members who were off, early or late.

The store can still fire you though lol

It's how I got the job

I was told on Friday that we can only be CCA’d or termed for conduct. Any other CCA needs BP approval. BP told my buddy that after his store tried giving him a CCA over a big nothing last week. Can any HRs conform this? I know the last two guys who were fired in my area had a lot of BP involvement regarding it.

I was told on Friday that we can only be CCA’d or termed for conduct. Any other CCA needs BP approval. BP told my buddy that after his store tried giving him a CCA over a big nothing last week. Can any HRs conform this? I know the last two guys who were fired in my area had a lot of BP involvement regarding it.
Hm. Any HRs here can confirm?

I don't know what the official term or paygrade is called. Anyways, I was thinking out loud to my ETL-log the other day about how dope it would be to get paid hourly but not have a set schedule. The time clock lets you clock in whenever and leave whenever. Then I noticed that our PMT pretty much does this already. He's not grouped with the rest of us on the grid and seems to be able to punch in whenever, at random times like 4:48 am, 5:17 am, etc. and I've never seen the time clock give him a REJECTED - EARLY/LATE error or need a LOD override.

Anybody know what this is really called and who do I have to blow to get it too. If I could punch in whenever I would make my own schedule something like 5:30am - 4pm Mon - Fri. Get that money s0n!

Come 4th qtr and I get the unlimited OT pass I make up my own schedule.

@HRLady can you confirm?

@HRLady can you confirm?

Unfortunately, I cannot confirm the info just because of how my store did things. My ETL-HRs, themselves, partnered with whoever they needed to to get the performance CCAs done. I was not really involved with the initial steps for performance CCAs so I don't know if they needed BP approval. I wouldn't be surprised if what the BP said is true though.

Last edited:
As a TL I override my own early punch rejections...
You'll still show up on the override report.
Unfortunately, I cannot confirm the info just because of how my store did things. My ETL-HRs, themselves, partnered with whoever they needed to to get the performance CCAs done. I was not really involved with the initial steps for performance CCAs so I don't know if they needed BP approval. I wouldn't be surprised if what the BP said is true though.
In my district any performance related CCA that isn't attendance has to be confirmed by HRBP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back