Hours for Sales floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did put my availability when I applied to be from 7am to 10pm on days/nights. They seemed to have ignored that, and despite me explaining to them my transportation issues, past 10pm, they never disclosed to me that this was going to be a night shift job.

During one of your interviews, they should have had you sign on your availability as a confirmation to whatever you entered when you applied. If they are scheduling outside of that availability, then you need to take that up with HR.

I have no one to practice with me during the day. I cannot pay for any more driving lessons. If you must know all my personal details, I had many months of ADULT driving instruction a few months back, but never went to get my license BECAUSE I had medical issues where I was on a medication where I was not allowed to drive. IT was simply not safe for me to operate a vehicle.

I have elderly parents to care for during the day, and a myriad of other responsibilities that I'd rather not go into.

So at a worst case scenario, depending on your state's laws, you might have to redo all Driver's Ed (both classroom and behind the wheel) before you can get your license. I know I'm going to sound like an asshole with the following question but:
How is it that the myriad of other responsibilities allow you to be able to work but keep you from sitting in a classroom for a couple of hours a day?

I don't need to know the details but it sounds like either:
a) You really don't want to get a license. If so, fine. I don't hold that against you. My best friend is 30 years old and has NEVER driven and has no real interest in doing so. He would rather take the train halfway across Dallas to get to and from work and rely on his wife for everything else. However, that means your transportation problem will continue until you decide to do something about it.
b) You expect to be able to take off on a whim whenever one of those myriad of other responsibilities pop up. If so, you are going to find out very quickly that Target (and retail in general) does not care for that if it happens frequently. They will hold it against you.

Well, first off, thanks for passing judgement on someone you don't know, or situation you don't understand. Second off, I want to get my license. I'm not sure if you read what I posted before, but I was on MEDICATION for a few months where I WAS TOLD BY MY DOCTOR not to drive. I was very close to getting my license but a medial issue arose that was out of my control. I am an ADULT, so I just needed to have some practice time. I DO NOT have someone to practice with me during the day. I would have someone in the evening...but you see I WORK THE EVENING SHIFT.

Yeah, so I guess that this really isn't for me because I really expected people to care about me as a human being. I thought wrong. maybe I am a wimp and retail sis not for me.

I really think that people should not be so judgmental until they have walked a mile in that person's shoes. I'd like to think that people here realize that there is a human being on the other end of these user names, just like Target would realize there is a human being under the name tag. I guess it's a lost cause.

The only suggestion I can give is to keep working Target until you can find a job that seems to fit your schedule. Or just drop Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back